Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

thedevariouseffect

Banned
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by thedevariouseffect

  1. You fanny pack people (all five of you) You need an intervention
  2. I wish I had enough time to make a send in the cranes shirt
  3. Is blue streak the same way? It doesn't smell like pencils...it smells like motor oil nice and warm from the sun
  4. Arrow lift hills sound the best, especially if you are on the lift and the train is going up next to you. Best smell...eh I think blue streak this year..smelling those greased uostop wheels as they spin freely at the brake run...yum
  5. I will say, I want B&M's to roar as they go past. That's one thing that disappointed me with Gatekeeper...I would have loved to get my season pass scanned and hear that thing pass right overhead...that noise is one of my favorite coaster noises.. Best noise is still the sound of an arrow lift hill
  6. I'll be excited to see what they're doing...however Gatekeeper's announcement I was kinda like....ehhh that's pretty lame... Hopefully this exceeds my expectations however, but only time will tell. So far I'm already impressed with how they've been working the announcement
  7. From what I knew, when e-stop is hit it automatically shuts off mainwater and starts to purge the trough. Sups don't have to be present to start pumps anymore. Again all from knowledge I acquired while working there. I never would unless I was forced to. Lol, evac a coaster, easy business, just go up, undo the restraint, ease them out of it, walk down some stairs. Boats flipping and all that jazz, count me out lol. Kinda the same with skyride, run full cabins, get squished haha. Fun ride though and great daily workout
  8. The water drains from Thunder too, it pumps back out to the lake
  9. Should be able even after park closes, especially considering this
  10. They can go airborne...as they have at Thunder @ CP, they flipped up onto the drum See this and this
  11. Well...world record breaking could mean, hey this is record breaking... However knowing Cedar Fair, world record breaking could be like Gatekeeper, tallest, fastest, and longest wing rider ever...Not like, hey tallest coaster ever, fastest, most inversions, ect...kinda...second class records But we shall see...lots of speculating over the next week now I'm sure, hopefully some decoding will finally be solved
  12. Oh wait...2200...yeah I can make that... Thedevariouseffect being in the military, sees 10:00 thinking 1000HRS...not 2200...also this is thedevariouseffects first third person post and I don't know why I chose to do this
  13. When the water drains out of the trough, it speeds up the water flow, and if you don't get the raft in front out of the way ready for the next one, two rafts hit, flip, bounce, ect...The sides of the raft are like giant over inflated tires...so if they smack, stuff can happen...Thats why the ride will routinely do shut down drills/e-stop drills Also think, e-stops happen mainly if someone falls into the water...so combine all the above with a body somewhere flying through the water, it's not a good day
  14. Dear God, not the fanny packs Unfashionable since...forever
  15. It comes down to my "shutup and enjoy the park" stance Yeah I'll bicker about stuff from each manufacturer and this and that, but as a guest have fun lol...
  16. If anything Arrow's extreme innovations allowed Intamin the spot they hold today...they were the original innovaters of steel coasters. I'll respect the wooden coasters that did their thing to pave the way for steel, but in the modern age of coasters (steel and beyond ), all companies have only Arrow dynamics to thank
  17. Hey, as long as you yell no homo before you jump
  18. This is what happens when you buy a prototype in bulk from a company that has never done this sort of ride before... I still am curious as to why the ride is e-stopping itself, and obviously this problem hasn't been solved
  19. The arcade is quite a money maker. Rumor from when I was there is that it pulls about 1k an hour on a good day, which to me is a giant woah. However I would be surprised to see a retrofit there. As long as these corkscrew removal rumors never happen I don't care what happens
  20. Oh wow...the one thing that scary when it happens happened... Intamin Flumes are the one ride I refused to ever work. In the event of a shutdown and full e-stop..that ride gets dangerous, very very quickly... To put it simply, rafts at the turntable and transfer can and have gone airborne...
  21. Lol...I can just see a Nimitz now "Clear, launching in 3-2-1"
  22. B&m is the Arrow Dynamics of today. They make outdated forceless rides and their hyper/giga coasters only have a little floater air. Intamin leads the pack in innovations. They try new things with their rides, new elements, take chances, strong ejector air. They are the present and the future of the industry. You call arrows forceless...so magnum is a forceless ride...and corkscrew sadly has more airtime than mantis...k Wow the first time I've truly disagreed with you man
  23. How about this...there's no webpage for anything online yet...lol..still not getting anywhere haha Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  24. Type in anything if this is the case, then we also have a new ride called melgibson
  25. You got redirected due to a 404...I wouldnt call that a find
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.