Everything posted by Ride On_17
-
Does the threat of terrorism deter you from attending parks?
Life's too short to be in constant worry and paranoia. Think of each day like it's your last and make the best of it. Do what you want to do. Go where you want to go. Say "I love you" to the important people in your life. Focus on the positives and don't bear a burden of thinking bad thoughts. If someday you encounter an act of terrorism, know that there would have been nothing you could have done to stop it. When you're running through the garden, look at the beautiful flowers, not at the ugly weeds. You know the weeds exist, but to live a fulfilling life, move on from thinking the worst. Yes, you should always be on your toes ready for action in case something does happen, but just have fun and accept all life has to offer. Be thankful that a personal encounter with a terrorist attack has a very low probability in this wondrous, free country while people in the Middle East constantly wonder if each step they take will be their last. Don't grow old and look back on your life and have regrets that you didn't do something or go somewhere only because of a nagging, uncalled for worry. Live life to its fullest--no matter what--and have no regrets.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Squeeze your butt together. Hehe
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Yes but on an inverts a ton of blood always rushes to your legs which is something I find to be very uncomfortable. I just don't know why, but inverts have always seemed too intense for me and not very fun to make up for it. I guess it has to do with the center of gravity... I actually came up with a trick to not get that feeling. I hate that feeling of blood rushing to my legs and since there are many coasters that your feet hang in some way, I tested a theory and sure enough it works. Just squeeze you stomach, legs, and feet as hard as you can and you don't get that sensation. As long as you squeeze your muscles hard enough, you won't have a problem. I've never felt that feeling of blood rushing to my feet ever since I started doing this.
-
Thanks For An Awesome Event!
I really wish I lived closer to KI so I could go to any of these events. I guess I still could but I don't really feel like driving 4 hours there and back in 1 day. I guess there's always the possibility of staying overnight in a hotel but I'm not sure my parents would want to do that...
-
Cedar Point running out of room.
I remember seeing those back when they were 1st posted and I became really excited. Granted these are just enthusiast plans on what we want, but they're really good plans. And Interpreter, what you're referring to with future plans and such, if what you are hinting at is true, would you be able to at least give a year we could see this happen? Next year? 2015? And I also heard an interesting rumor that Cedars won't get removed next year but the year after...And instead Gold would be removed next year. There's also been talk of removing Corkscrew and adding a new family looping coaster in its spot. I just don't know what to believe. And then there's this: https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/350277692849008640/photo/1 Could it be part of the promo for a new dark ride? Or I also saw someone mention on PB that is could be for a new logo, maybe relating to the hotel reno. Whatever is going on now at the point, I feel like there are good things in the works for the next few years. It looks like KI won't be the only park to get some more attention soon...
-
Starting to Decode 2014
I like the idea of expanding behind X-Base. And I love the idea of adding restrooms back there. Currently you have to walk pretty far in order to get to the nearest one and having one there would be really convenient. Anyone who has been at the park recently and has gone on Eiffel Tower, how are footers progressing?
-
Six Flags Great Adventure tips
It's an awesome park and exceeded my expectations. You'll love it. I went for the 1st time last year, and ironically, I'll be going either Sunday or Monday, too. Luckily when I went the crowds were extremely light. I'm talking only station waits for Nitro, Kingda Ka (which was running all day--no issues), El Toro... The staff said the day before was mobbed with 2 hour waits for these same rides. It stormed early morning of the day we went and there was a threat later in the day, so I'm not sure if this held some people off. It actually stormed in the evening and for the rest of the night, but we got on more than we expected to get in so it worked out. It's a very clean park and all the staff is very friendly. It was my 1st major park I've been to other than Cedar Point so it was fun for me to explore someplace new. The entrance to the park is beautiful with all the trees and landscaping. But I will say that the park is literally in the middle of nowhere. You are driving through a forest, don't see any signs for it, and all of a sudden you have to turn down another long forest road. You keep driving and then you go past the waterpark. Keep driving a little more and all of a sudden, there it is. You don't see the park and skyline until your practically in the parking lot. Nitro is a fun coaster. It's intense and is pretty fast. I like Diamondback better but it's still a great ride. I'm not sure if it has an official name, but my favorite part of the ride is the hill following the 1st drop. At the crest of the hill you make a quick turn to the left and then descend the hill. It's a unique feeling and I love it. The helix is also very intense. Kingda Ka is fun but I rank it far below Dragster. I like how there is no countdown so all of a sudden you launch (but if you're a coaster enthusiast than you can prepare for the launch when the train rolls backwards slightly). Some people think it's rough, but I don't think it is. Probably the worst part of it are the OTSRs. They're just like Maverick's, and even though there's not really any head banging, these totally ruin the ride for me. The best part of Dragster, IMO, is the exposed feeling with having only a lap bar. Still go on it though, it's a fun ride, however the walk to get to it is sort of out of the way and long. Bizarro was way better than I thought it would be. It was also my 1st floorless coaster and I loved it. It's just a fun coaster overall. Be sure to go on it. If you've been on a B&M flyer before, especially another Superman clone, I'd probably skip Superman unless you don't have anything else to do. It's a fun ride, but if you've already been on something like it or better than it, then why wait in the slow line for it? Runaway Mine Train is fun. It's a little jerky but is a classic ride since it was the park's 1st steel coaster. I also went on Skull Mountain which is a fun indoor coaster. If you want to get inside for little bit, go for it. Even though they're not thrill rides, I'd also recommend Big Wheel, Houdini's Great Escape (very cool, will get to that soon), and Saw Mill Log Flume. On Big Wheel you get a cool perspective of the park and the surrounding vista. Houdini's Great Escape is in innovative dark ride that I found a lot of fun and very interesting. I'd definitely be sure to go on it since it's so unique. I liked Saw Mill since I'm a big fan of traditional log flumes and this one is very nice. Now for my favorite...El Toro. Ride it. No matter how long the line is, even if it's several hours, be sure to go on it. Believe me, it's worth it. I'm a Millennium Force fanboy, and this ride claimed my #1 coaster spot, bumping MF down to #2. It has the craziest airtime I've ever experienced, and toward the end there's a crazy high g twister section that makes it hard to keep your hand up. I just can't explain how awesome this coaster is. You just have to experience it for yourself. Another thing I like about the park is that there is a lot of shade, especially toward the back of the park by the lake. If I think of anything else I'll let you know, but enjoy your trip. I'm excited to return, since I really enjoy this park. Plus a family friend works there so she sends my family free tickets
-
The Next Cedar Point Coaster
At least I haven't seen anyone on here with a username like TheKIGuru. If you're familiar with PB, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, let me just give you one word: TROLL.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
So does that mean that nobody on here has come up with what the new ride will be? Or is it just another diversion?
-
The Next Cedar Point Coaster
^Because if this was on PB, everyone would be saying, "But GK just opened!" and "I don't see any proof of a dark ride!" I remember a while ago there was a good discussion in a thread about possible dark rides, but it sort of died off. Maybe dark ride speculation will spike again on PB if some actual concrete evidence comes in, not just stuff on Screamscape.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
^And it will have a $5 upcharge.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Tips for Maverick: I've been able to successfully ride Maverick without ANY headbanging. I tend to keep my head back instead of leaning forward. I also don't hold on to the hand bars, and instead hold onto the OTSRs about shoulder level. I keep my head pushed back against the seat and use my upper body strength to grip the OTSRs and brace my body. I also keep my neck and shoulders tense so I can avoid whiplash. And by somewhat leaning into the turns in addition to all this, I've managed to have perfect rides. You have to ride tensely, but if you don't, you'll end up with bruises. I'd also like to see Maverick's restraints swapped out, but I'll continue to ride it since it's awesome and I've learned how to ride it defensively.
-
Your KI Coaster Rankings
I don't see how anyone could think The Beast is boring, even in the day. I'd ride it all day if I could.
-
Cedar Point Tuesday, 6/25/13 PTR and Put-in-Bay
Great trip report. CP&LERR Fan, have you seen this blog/video?: https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Toot-toot
-
Least Favorite Ride?
Hey, Backlot's theming is still better than anything at CP.
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Well, let's say the ride will be announced sometime during Haunt, late September or sometime in October (I have no clue if this is actually true). If there are 200 pages in 2 months, since October is still 3 months away, going at the rate we're at there should be approximately 500 hundred pages in this thread by the time the ride is actually announced.
-
The Next Cedar Point Coaster
I think it could actually be pulled off. With Ouimet's experience, I highly doubt he would accept something not very well done. If CP gets a dark ride, I wouldn't expect it to be in the same field as Universal or Disney, but I think it would be better than what some people think. I think it would be cool if the park brings back Earthquake or Pirate Ride using modern technology. I'm too young to have ever gone on these rides but I heard they were cool. I'd love to have a modern day versions of one of them. Or maybe something along the lines of Snoopy-Red Baron/Peanuts, especially if it will be in the ballroom right next to Planet Snoopy. You would board in Red Baron "airplanes" and it could either be an arcade style dark ride or a simulator. There would be in-flight chase scenes and also scenes involving all the Peanuts characters.
-
The Next Cedar Point Coaster
^I'd actually buy that house for that reason! I'd love to be able to constantly see and hear the park.
-
Your KI Coaster Rankings
1. Diamondback 2. The Beast 3. Firehawk 4. Invertigo 5. Flight of Fear 6. Adventure Express 7. Racer 8. Backlot Stunt Coaster
-
The Next Cedar Point Coaster
I guess we'll never know... I can only imagine the price tag that place came with.
-
The Next Cedar Point Coaster
Then I'm really surprised I didn't hear about it. I frequent PB and never saw that. On a recent visit I pointed to the house and told my mom that's where the former CEO lives. Maybe I was wrong and he had already moved...
-
Starting to Decode 2014
Am I the only one who really doesn't see the appeal of The Smiler? Is anyone else more of an airtime fan over a loop-loop-spin-corkscrew-roll-loop-whatever lover? I personally prefer airtime over inversions, but I do enjoy rides that have them...But I don't think I would want to invert as many times as in The Smiler.
-
The Next Cedar Point Coaster
This is news to me. I never heard about this.
-
Least Favorite Ride?
I can't go on rides that spin a lot. I'm fine and don't get nausea on most coasters (I'll get to that), but for some reason I just can't handle spinning on flat rides. But as for roller coasters, my least favorite is by far Mantis. It's not even because of the "guy problem" on this ride--I've learned to ride so that I don't get hurt in this way. But I just hate stand up coasters and the high G forces in them. My legs hurt after riding them and standup coasters are the only coasters that make me feel full out nauseated. Not just disoriented like after riding an Invert, but I honestly felt like I was about to puke. Not a fun feeling. I'd rather ride Mean Streak or Corkscrew a thousand times over riding Mantis or any standup.
-
1st Trip - and it was awesome!
I didn't pay much attention to where I sat on it, but this was probably the issue. I just jumped into the 1st seat I saw open since it was a walk-on, but in the future I'll be sure not to sit over a wheel. This is the case for any woodie, really.