Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ride On_17

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ride On_17

  1. I was a little nervous the 1st time I went on it, but it was more of an excited nervous, if that makes any sense. I love it though, and it's my favorite flat ride of all time. Isn't it ironic how a ride like that can be considered flat?
  2. ^^So far this season you consider Skyhawk to not have down time? Were Millennium or Maverick closed for weeks at a time? I don't think so.
  3. ^So Shoot the Crapids is your favorite ride?
  4. Going to my house with presents and a cake?
  5. 1. Millennium 2. Gatekeeper 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
  6. Haha, I should have known Terpy would've been the one to find some loophole in my wording. But PB&J sandwiches are actually really good. I haven't had one in a long time so maybe it's time to do something about that.
  7. I'm glad people like this idea. I don't know why I thought of it, but the idea popped into my head and I thought "This could be a good poll for KIC." I'm glad I decided to create it.
  8. Here's mine: 1. Both (I'm right when I write, I throw right, but I bat left and golf left just to name a few) 2. Optimist 3. Imagination 4. Good education 5. Be taught
  9. I posted this is the decoding thread but I guess I'll say it again here sits it fits the topic. Black supports, purple track, and green running rails. I see a lot of other people wanting black, purple, and green combos for the ride so hopefully this will be the case.
  10. Just thought it would be interesting to compare personality characteristics. It's random but I feel it could be cool to talk about and compare.
  11. I like the "cool" appearance of Bing. While Google is a classic and a great source, I can't really explain it but Bing has a modern, updated feel to it. I love Google and Bing equally as search engines, but I guess when it comes to little details like this, I'd have to go with Bing. But only by a tiny fraction of a percent. Don't get me wrong, I still love Google.
  12. I created a thread like this last year on PB, and as cool as I think it would be (haha gotta love puns) as seen in this thread there are many reasons why it would be unlikely to happen.
  13. I promise to get the pictures up sometime. It's just hard to take the time to upload and edit them while on vacation. But I will do it...soon! I love Great Adventure and it's a great park. And I can understand about the pricing, it's just something that we have to deal with. Of course it'd be awesome if it was cheaper but sometimes the best things in life come at a high price.
  14. ^Isn't that ride awesome? There's nothing else that compares.
  15. So if you've been following my Summer 2013 thread, you'll know that I've been at the Jersey Shore lately. Last year a family friend started working at Six Flags (she does animal shows in a kids area) so she's able to get my family free tickets. My parents and I decided to take a day off from the beach and drive 50 minutes to the park. Of course, it had to be the hottest day in Jersey since we've been here, and that was how it was last year too. We put on lots of sunscreen and had our water bottles ready. Even though the park opened at 10:30 we didn't get there until an hour later. I would've preferred to get there earlier but in the end it worked out great. We wanted to try the new Off-road Safari Adventure since it sounded cool and our family friend who works there suggested it to us. It was already really hot and humid, and sweat was dripping down our bodies even if we stood still. Occasionally there would be a nice breeze but without it we felt miserable. So our 1st stop in the park was at the safari. We waited about 40 minutes for it. Thankfully the queue was pretty much covered so there was plenty of shade, but it still felt extremely hot. While waiting in line for this (and pretty much every line of the day) we drank a bottle of water. We kept refilling it throughout the day at drinking fountains. Who needs to buy expensive drinks when you can just bring a water bottle and reuse it. Anyway, while in line we met a nice couple who we befriended for the rest of the Safari. It's a cool addition to the park. I never went through it when it was separate from the park and you could drive through it personally, so this was my 1st experience with the safari here. It was pretty cool seeing all the types of animals. Halfway through there was an optional stop for an area called Camp Aventura, and we decided to check it out. This part was disappointing since there really wasn't much to see or do. Just a few animals, scarce giraffe feeding times (which we missed), and a zip line that's not even a zip line (it was just a seat, plus it was an expensive upcharge) so looking back I wish we didn't decide to get off here. So then we got back in line, still hot and dripping, and waited to hop on the 2nd half of the ride. More cool animals to see and our tour guide was really good this half of the trip. In total, not including the wait, it took between 1 and 1 1/2 hours to complete the Safari. It was good, and it definitely has potential, especially at the Camp Aventura area. By now it was early afternoon and we were ready to get on some rides. Since it was pretty much right next to the Safari, we went on Bizarro. It only had a station wait and not even 10 minutes later we were riding in the back row. It was as fun as I remembered it. Next we decided to head over to Saw Mill Log Flume. Only my mom and I went on this while my dad took a break. It was about a 40 minute wait, but it was the worst wait of the day since in the queue building there was no air circulating. No fans or misters either. We were dying in there and couldn't wait to get on the ride. Once we finally got on it, it was fun and we were cooled off. From here we stopped and got an ice cream and headed over to where out friend was doing a show. It turned out it had to be cancelled due to low crows (she even warned us ahead of time this has happened recently) but they still brought out the animals so people could see and pet them. Then she took us backstage, we got to meet some of her coworkers, and we got to see a bunch of animals including a 15 pound rabbit. It was fun catching up with her (by the way, she lived next door to us, she was the flower girl for my parents' wedding, and her dad is my dad's boss, who still lives next door). Then it was time to hit up one of our faves, Nitro. It was only about a 20 minute wait. We rode in the front and it was fun, fast, smooth, and intense as always. Next we headed over to El Toro, my #1 roller coaster. It only had a 10 minute wait (Crazy, right?) and I rode in the last row. It was crazy intense, and made me remember why I had given it that #1 spot. Since the line was so short, my mom and I went on it again, this time waiting a 1/2 hour for the front but it was totally worth it. The front's my favorite place to ride on it, but you can't go wrong anywhere. On our 1st ride something actually went flying out of a car in front of us, and it even made me duck to try avoid being hit by it. And while waiting for the front row on the 2nd time, we witnessed I think 3 people tell the ride ops they lost their phone while on the ride. Throughout the day we made sure to stay hydrated by drinking lots of water and we'd walk through air conditioned stores. Sometimes we would even go in a bathroom to cool off. I can't stress enough how hot is was, but we managed to get through it. After El Toro we headed over to Kingda Ka. It was a station wait too. My dad didn't want to wait for the front row like my mom and I so he picked a random row and rode it while we kept waiting. When were at the front of the 1st row line, all of sudden the ride shut down. The train that was sitting out on the launch area was slowly rolled back into the station, except it rolled back into the other, unused half of the station. If you've been on KK before, you know that there are 2 load/unload tracks in the station. Anyway, after a test run, they ran it with people. Then it was our turn. We got in the car, the train pulled up into the launch area, and we waited. And we waited. And we kept on waiting. Luckily the sun was setting and it was starting to cool off. It actually was beginning to feel pretty nice and we were able to watch a nice sunset while we were sitting out there. Eventually we got rolled back into the station and we got out and waited. It had broken down again. We had some nice conversations with the ride ops and thankfully they announced the ride would reopen again. By then it was getting dark so we were glad to get a night ride on it. Once again, we got into the car, the train pulled up into the launch area, and this time we actually launched. Like I usually do with Dragster, I manage to put my hands up right as the train is launching and I'm able to keep them up for the duration of the ride. It was really fun, and we were just thankful to finally get on it. It turns out that patience and kindness to ride ops pays off, since when our train came back into the station they let us have a reride. So we stayed in our front row seats and got to ride it a second time. We decided that would be our last ride of the day since we were getting tired and hungry, but it was a great way to end--2 rides in a row on Kingda Ka. Before leaving we stopped in a gift shop. I found a few things, and then we tried to find someplace that was still open so we could get some dinner. It was only 9:30 but everything except ice cream shops were closing down. We saw part of the Looney Toons dance party (not sure if it has an official name) as we were leaving, too. Overall we had a great day even though it was really hot. The low crowds and short lines were awesome, and ironically last year was pretty much the same. It was hot and there were short lines then too. When talking to an employee, we found out there were about 10,000 people in the park, when usually there are 15-20,000 people. Maybe the heat held some people off from going. We got some pictures so hopefully I'll find some time to upload and post them. It was nice to get on more rides than we thought we would, especially since we went on the Safari which took a while. it was also nice that we didn't have to spend too much money since we had free tickets. I still can't get over $22 parking though...But my parents and I had tons of fun. Even though I've been here before, I'll rate several aspects of the park: Rides: 9/10 There is a good selection of rides for all ages, including a great variety of roller coasters. Maybe add a Drop Tower (which I've heard rumored) and possibly another coaster. But there already is an awesome coaster lineup. Staff: 10/10 Every staff member we came across today whether it was in food service, games, merchandise, or ride ops were very friendly. They went above and beyond their jobs to make sure us and every guest had an enjoyable, memorable experience. Atmosphere: 8/10 I enjoy the themed sections of the park and it is a clean park. My biggest complaint is that there need to be fans and misters in queue lines. Some of the lines were miserable since they were so hot. Prices: 6.75/10 Luckily we had free tickets, but normally ticket prices are pretty high. Plus there's the parking which I've already mentioned. As with any park, they always try to make you pay as much as possible, but it was nice that the Safari was included with admission. I could easily see them charging 5 or 10 bucks for it. Safari: 8.25/10 It was nice and relaxing and not your average amusement park attraction. If more stuff is added to Camp Aventura it would make it even better.
  16. Working on a trip report right now. I believe the heat index of 108, it sure felt like it.
  17. It's my birthday
  18. I find it strange how the park opens at 10:30. Why not 10 or 11?
  19. I really do think that supports and track will start going up before the announcement is made, especially if it's during Haunt. It could give the type of coaster away but it's still be a mystery on the stats, exact layout, name, etc. As for colors I'm still hoping for some sort of purple, black, green combo if the name ends up as Banshee. Maybe black supports, purple track with green running rails. I think that would look pretty cool.
  20. I wish Intamins had the reliability of B&Ms. Combine my favorite rides with great reliability and it's a win-win situation.
  21. Tomorrow at the park be sure to drink lots of water and get in some air conditioning occasionally. Right now the forecast is saying a high of 94 and humid. Why is it I always pick the hottest days to go to SFGA? Last year the weather was the same. It was in the 80s and pleasant, and then the day I decide to go to the park it's in the 90s. Oh well, it's a fun park so it will be fun.
  22. Ride On_17 replied to BB1's topic in KI Polls
    On the topic of music, does anyone on here play SongPop? I find that game really fun and addicting. And if I must say, I'm pretty good at it
  23. It wasn't that bad. It's just that the actual ride was as hot as a furnace, the whole place smelled like something I didn't want to know what it was, it was over before I realized it started, and the theming was crap. Sounds pretty awesome to me
  24. Luckily Dragster's ride time is so short. Imagine how much worse its capacity would be if it was a longer ride.
  25. As long as Cedar Point doesn't end up looking like my RCT3 parks, I'll be happy
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.