Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LongLiveTheSmurfRide

  1. LongLiveTheSmurfRide replied to a post in a topic in Kings Island
    Wasn't there a year where Cornstalkers had a fire incident one night? This was back when it was in the path between The Beast and Eiffel Tower. I seem to remember being there and it was closed off with some emergency vehicles and there was a rumor going around that something had caught fire. Am I making that up?
  2. I thought we were going to see Dinosaurs Alive 3D. I didn't see one dinosaur in there.
  3. FoF line was way too long for us to wait on Saturday night, but it would have been nice to see these little changes. It'll be cool if they're there next season.
  4. Maybe build some temporary enclosures to mix it up a bit here and there? Have some scenes in the woods. Since there's no haunted trail anymore, this is the next best thing so take some of what they used to do. Like I said, I haven't been on this one this year, but going by years past; something needs to be done differently. But who am I to judge? The line for it was on its way to stretching to the Crypt on Saturday, so it ain't hurting for business. It's just one I chose to skip.
  5. Rode The Beast on Saturday in one of the middle rows of a car and it was pretty darn nice. My friend was in the seat behind us and he thought he broke a rib. I'm totally sticking to the middle rows.
  6. ^ Hah, I had a lady and her nephew follow us through Ugent Scare and I felt someone grab my shirt and the lady was like "Is it okay if my nephew holds onto you? He's pretty scared and he thinks you'll keep him safe." I was like, "Sure." So through the whole thing he was clutched to me. I don't think he opened his eyes once. Of course, everyone was going after him so I'm sure he's traumatized, but he made it.
  7. I haven't gone this year, but in years past it was pretty much as it's been described on here. Long wait, short train ride, another long wait and then a path with boxes and barrels every once in a while which signifies that someone is waiting behind said box or barrel to scare you (but since you know they're there, it's not that scary). At least, that's how it has been in the past.
  8. I gave Slaughter House some love. Went through last night and it was my favorite that we did. Great job. Not sure if you saw me, but I was wearing my 2 big shiny KIC Fantasy Football Super Bowl rings.
  9. Went last night and the ones we tried: Carnevil: Fun maze. Not too scary, but lot of cool things to look at and entertaining. 8/10 Holiday Horror: Went when it was still light out and didn't realize there was no roof to any of the scenes, so wasn't scary, but had cool themes. I bet we'd like it more if it was dark when we went. 7/10 Slaughter House: Best house of the night. Lots of good scares and scenes. Ending was unique and freaky. Liked watching the chainsaw guy scare people at the end. 10/10 Urgent Scare: Disappointing. Long line could use some scareactors to mess with people. House itself was more gore than anything else. People who looked like burn victims were cool looking, but weren't really scaring people effectively. 5/10 Nightmare Alley: Disappointed as well. Posted my thoughts on it in a Nightmare Alley thread. Mostly bad location and not enough scares. 3/10
  10. Agree, funny report so far. Was there yesterday as well, and yeah, really cold.
  11. I'm sorry to say that my wife and I were pretty disappointed with NA last night. The lasers were cool, but there seemed to be more people acting like circus performers or dancers than scaring. Also, I think a good Fright Zone should be in an area that gets more traffic. Like at CP, their Fright Zones were mostly in areas where you had to walk through to get to another part of the park (or at least that's how they were when I was there last). You only go through NA if you want to go to Holiday Horror, so not many people seemed to be going through, and since we had done HH before NA opened, we just walked through and turned around and didn't have anyone try to scare us once (this was around 11:45 PM). I think the set up was cool, but maybe would be better somewhere else, like Coney Maul or that path that used to be used for the Work Zone? Or the path from River Town to the Eiffel Tower? I don't know, the current location just doesn't seem to work other than the atmosphere with the Carousel running.
  12. Wife and I rode it last night and the people in there surprised us. There were a couple who didn't really do much, but the first one got us pretty good since he came running out from behind something. Then there was someone who got my wife pretty good when we were leaving. Nice surprise on the ride.
  13. Was there with my friends' kids. They had fun, though the foam dance party seemed like a bad idea with the extreme temps. There were kids who were soaked, but I guess most of that is on the parents for letting them go play in the foam. Oh well, the kids liked it all and yeah, candy was scarce though they got some little goodies in the "Twisted Tales" area and a piece of candy from the guy by the little cornhole sets. Not sure that they really expected candy or anything, but they enjoyed it just the same.
  14. I hope it's not too corny. I'll find out on Saturday.
  15. ^ I make sure to get drunk as early as possible before going.
  16. You might turn into a zombie while out in the parking lot.
  17. I went trick or treating with the dinosaurs and only got a rock....
  18. Do they still have the policy where you cannot leave the park and get back in once the Haunt starts? Going this Saturday and looks like it might get very cold, so I wanted to see if we'd need to go get our warm clothes from the car early.
  19. That was my favorite part of Halloweekends at Cedar Point back when they first started the "Fright Zone" I think they called it. You didn't have to wait in a line and you could just walk around in the fog, get scared and watch others get scared...and no line! I always wondered why Kings Island didn't really do those as there are so many side paths and whatnot around the park that can be used that way.
  20. Had some friends tell me about their trip to KI on Friday night. They're with the media so they got free passes and free Fright Lane passes as well. They got there late so didn't do every house, but did most of them. Their favorite house was the Slaughter House. Least favorite was, you guessed it, Mysteria. They didn't really like Wolf Pack, Tombstone or Corn Stalkers, but did enjoy Urgent Scare, Massacre Manor and Cut Throat Cove. The rest they didn't get to do because they wanted to ride some rides as well. It really sounds like Mysteria is all around bad from reviews on here and from my friends. I'm probably going to the park this Saturday, and since it will probably be crowded, I'll make sure to hit Slaughter House (since I've mostly heard good things) and skip Mysteria (since I didn't even like it back when it was Death Row).
  21. Not sure if that was intended, but it cut me up.
  22. I'm pretty excited about the possibilities, and yeah HTCO, I definitely was thinking about the Wing Riders, though I'd wonder if it would be a coaster or if they'd do something similar to Soarin' (but with some new technology) for that kind of experience. I know Avatar wasn't my first choice for a franchise movie tie-in (Lord of the Rings would have ruled) but the timing is spot on for the sequels to come out just before the land is ready. And though it's unproven if the sequels will be good, I have my faith in Cameron. He's only made quality since Terminator and that's proven in the box office. A Cameron film release is almost an event in itself, so a Disney themed land based on his productions should be even more so.
  23. I'm excited for them to have a Scare Zone, so did anyone besides TombraiderTy like it?
  24. Had fun reading this and seeing the pictures. I miss Disney and hope to do the Disney World Half Marathon in 2013 as an excuse to go back.
  25. Someone say Smurfs? Anyone who misses the Paramount theming needs to look back at how the theming was maintained, which as I remember it was not well after it had been around for a year or 2. Top Gun's epic queue, anyone? Or better yet, Gillette's Mach 3 Top Gun?
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.