Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LongLiveTheSmurfRide

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LongLiveTheSmurfRide

  1. Thanks for the advice. We're going the first week of November, so I shouldn't have to worry about the Thanksgiving turkeys. I'm totally a ride person for most things, but I plan on kicking back at Epcot and enjoying the different countries with my "new" wife; that's why I'm planning a full day there. I'm assuming that the next time we ever go to WDW, we'll have a kid and we won't be able to do the adult things as much, so I need to enjoy them now. Glad you like the Haunted Mansion, Henry, it's always been my favorite ride at both Disneyland and Disney World. I can't wait to ride it again.
  2. I have a few tea cups, yes tea cups, and little saucers that have the same looking picture that my girlfriend's mom got me from 2nd-hand shops. She's found a lot of old KI and CP stuff at places like Goodwill really cheap, so she grabs them up for me whenever she finds them.
  3. What time do they typically open the gates to let cars in the parking lot? 7? 8?
  4. There's about 12 people gathered near the DB entrance. Wonder if it's break time or if there is a mini-tour or something going on.
  5. Hey Henry, looking forward to more here. I'm most likely hitting Disney World during my honeymoon in November. I'm pretty excited and still trying to figure out what to spend more time waiting for. We're doing a cruise too, so we'll probably get a 3 day pass and maybe have 1 day be a park hopper. I figured we could do the Magic Kingdom in one day, Epcot in another, and split the Studios and Animal Kingdom with the hopper on the 3rd. I'd must rather have a day for each park, but it looks like 3 is the magic number.
  6. Perfect spot for a Giant Ferris wheel.
  7. I remember, I think it was '95, they had a "Congo" exhibit in that theater with props and models from the movie Congo. Good times.
  8. They're showing us Vortex's new paint job. Edit: And the new covers for the DB queue. Thanks Topgun.
  9. Isn't riding Face/Off back-to-back with someone the only way to ride it? Sorry, couldn't help it. I think they mean by back to back is twice in a row Oooooooooooohhhhhhhh. Makes more sense.
  10. Isn't riding Face/Off back-to-back with someone the only way to ride it? Sorry, couldn't help it.
  11. That's how it works on Ebay, so who knows.
  12. At KI: The Beast (of course) Other: Any of the coasters at Holiday World are an adventure at night. It's so hard to predict which way you're going next when it's dark.
  13. They're expecting an opening day "hangover". They'll need huge Tylenol.
  14. I would say only 1 day (or less) is all you need, BUT, I've been going to KI since I was a kid and know what I like and don't like and what I'll ride and not ride, so my duration there is based on that. So if you want to experience everything, I'd say go for 2 days.
  15. I hear you, I'm trying to get my fiance talked into a Disney Honeymoon. I haven't been to Disney World since I was 7 years old. I want to experience that marvel again, if possible.
  16. Interesting article. I need to look into this because my fiancee and I are looking to take a cruise for our honeymoon. Right now we're leaning towards the Disney deal of 4 days on land and 3 days at sea.
  17. I would think if they were to go the route to say that the park was no longer a "theme park" and just an old fashioned amusement park, then the "hodge-podge" wouldn't be so bad. But since KI is still officially labeled a theme park with themed areas, yeah, they should do their best to make the buildings, rides, and restaurants reflect the themed area that they occupy.
  18. I like that idea. An international theme instead of trying to cling to Oktoberfest would seem to make more sense the way the park is set up now.
  19. Hopefully they don't mow it like the workers in the original Roller Coaster Tycoon game.
  20. I say they roll out the AstroTurf.
  21. I thought that they were originally putting Drop Tower in that Flight Commander spot back in the day. Remember after it was removed, they had a sign there saying something along the lines of something new "dropping" in that spot. Then it went away and eventually we got the bungees.
  22. Probably so that they could test it with the trains to see exactly what it would do.
  23. That's a very optimistic view of how the day will be. I'll try to leave around 4 with my fiance and buddy so 3 more people should be able to get in.
  24. Ah yes, Voyage. I've ridden it once so far, and started with my hands up. That didn't last through the whole ride though. I'll try again this year... I will not be defeated! It's tough to do. First time I rode, I held on the whole way to see how intense it was. Then the next time I went with no hands the whole ride. You get thrown around so much it gets a little painful. So now I just keep the hands up for the first few drops then hold on for the craziness.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.