Tomb Raider, What happened!?

kjkjkj

So, my question is this. Has Tomb Raider been running without the ride music since around June 11th? This ride is now totally boring, the ride is nothing without the music now. I mean I can understand not fixing a couple lights on that ride because no one will notice. But the music! When we got off I heard so many people complaining, saying that "this ride isn't even fun anymore without the music" Can someone please tell me they will fix this problem

I visited Kings Dominion during the week and all of the theming and audio was working on all rides. This included all of the lighting in Flight of Fear and car audio on IT:ST. Even though TR:FF is an outdoor right, all the audio and such was working there too. Also of interest was the fact a lot of the Paramount logos were still around and even on some of the soda cups.

Becasue the effects at Kings Island were of a much higher budget so Im assuming they are more expensive to maintain and even more expensive to fix/replace. So CF MIGHT be thinking since they won't have the tomb raider license forever then why spend the money on making it a tomb raider ride?

Becasue the effects at Kings Island were of a much higher budget so Im assuming they are more expensive to maintain and even more expensive to fix/replace. So CF MIGHT be thinking since they won't have the tomb raider license forever then why spend the money on making it a tomb raider ride?

This is a very good point. Hopefully CF will decide if it really wants to get bought out and if they do then hopefully it'll happen sooner than later because people will get antsy if obvious repairs/changes like this aren't being made. If they think and decide they don't want to sell themselves then hopefully they'll plan what they're going to change the theme/name to so everything can be running 100%.

I vote for taking out all the theming and remove the building. Make it outdoor over a body of water like another park. And reprogram it, make it longer and more creative wild movements. Just leave the cement block it is on and that should work fine.

does this have to turn into another topic of what people want done, I just want to know why the sound isn't fixed, it can't be that hard to have music playing, can it? The load/unload music plays, why can't the ride music play?

Well some effects thats true like the fog and steam, they just turned it off because fog juice isnt cheep with the quantity that they use, and the steam and mist in the ride, causes corrosion on the ride since the area isnt well ventalated. As for the lights, they're all just burnt out bulbs that they didnt care enough about to replace. The sound, well the sound and show all got re-programed this off season I believe so that the system could be updated. Anyway something isnt right with the program and when the sound was on for a while, it would start to skip/cut out, then it would give the ride a communication error causing all sorts of weird things. Apparently the solution was just to turn it off and fix it "later".

Oh, for crying out loud...if the reason the smoke and mist doesn't work is because the building is not well ventilated, did not the planners know about ventilation requirements when the ride was designed and constructed?

And if Cedar Fair is so hard up that replacing burned out light bulbs is no longer a priority on a highly themed ride, what else are they not doing that they should be doing?

I'm sorry...I postulate that theming on this ride is now seen as unimportant as said theming isn't going to be around much longer. . .

Paramount never repaired any of the burnt out lights either. The only time a light gets replaced is if it's vital to the operation, such as a light that shines on the gondola.

I can tell you from first hand experience that when the steemers, misters, and foggers are all on in the main show area, it all lingers, and that it is constantly damp in there. Not to mention KI's water has a very large amount of calcium in it.

I vote for taking out all the theming and remove the building. Make it outdoor over a body of water like another park. And reprogram it, make it longer and more creative wild movements. Just leave the cement block it is on and that should work fine.

This would be a good idea, however TRTR makes some of the most hideous sounds (or at least it used to) when it runs that would probably turn guests away rather than excite them enough to ride it. This nice thing about it being in a building is that the music could easily cover these sounds up. Although it sounds like the music isn't even working now.

This would be a good idea, however TRTR makes some of the most hideous sounds (or at least it used to) when it runs that would probably turn guests away rather than excite them enough to ride it. This nice thing about it being in a building is that the music could easily cover these sounds up. Although it sounds like the music isn't even working now.

Very True, and by no means is the word "hideous" an overstatement. Every time the brake calipers lock for about the first 2 hours every morning they screech, not to mention the violent shacking of the entire structure every cycle. And thats when the ride is running correctly...

I like the way TR is designed at KI. I like that it is indoors and dark.

But, I have to say I do enjoy the thought of your idea. I would love that ride to be longer. Going and staying upside down is so thrilling and I'm an avid Tomb Raider video game fan. The Lara Croft character has so much personality.

Of course the ride is more movie oriented, but Paramount did that film so we all know why it was designed the way it was, to make people go see the film or films.

Anyway, I hope that they don't get rid of Lara, I hope that CF can come up with some kind of Lara friendly solution.

I rode Tomb Raider last night (July 22) - the main show audio was working, but they did not show the pre show movie.

Also in the sort of weird department, while they were loading people from the indoor queue area to the pre show chamber, all the bright service lights came on. They turned back off right as we were being moved from the pre show chamber into the main ride chamber. The ride started out running as it should, but afher the ice scene at the top of the ride, the service lights in the main chamber came back on so instead of seeing the intimidating looking lave pit next the floor of the main chamber was brightly lit. The lights stayed on through the end of the cycle but the soundtrack continued. Of course no fog/steam effects and the water jets just barely bubble up during the lave scene.

Very True, and by no means is the word "hideous" an overstatement. Every time the brake calipers lock for about the first 2 hours every morning they screech, not to mention the violent shacking of the entire structure every cycle. And thats when the ride is running correctly...

If the ride ran a new program and didnt have to hang over the lava scene and such would some of these noises dissapear?

Maybe they should keep the ride, and remove the building around it to make it an outdoor ride? Then they won't have to worry about the theming as much and maintaining audio/video/effects/etc.

See post #17 & 20 in this thread for and answer to your question.

Oops - I just noticed those. My bad. Thanks for pointing it out.