NEW RIDE FOR 2008-2009

familyguyfun1

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do but I doubt we will get a ferris wheel, but then again maybe will. However, if you look at hte rides that are at geuga lake to still go somewhere this is probably one of the better flat rides they have. So maybe we will get something totally new, but I doubt it.

Personally if they get a ferris wheel I think one of the better place it would fit in is around the oktoberfest area or near it. Seeing as that place is land locked right now I just dont see a ferris wheel coming in, maybe in the future but not right now.

Yes.I know Cedar Point`s can load multiple cars at a time as well (technically, we can load two cars at a time on the Rock O Plane at Coney, but I don`t like to do that, as it is a rather large step up to the cars). But it still, like the Monster, requires several long stops when each set of cars are loaded, as opposed to most flats where all the cars/seats are loaded at the same time.

I would love to see the ferris wheel from GL at KI. Does anyone remember the hot air baloon themed Ferris Wheel that Forest Fair Mall (now known as Cincinnati MIlls)? I wonder where that went as well as their carousel.

As for time warp, just scrap it. Id rather just get kicked in the stomach for 2 minutes.

Yeah, i rode it at Geauga Lake in 2005 when Boddah, Dane, Zosobeast, and I went. The ride is a neat idea but I found it to be pretty painful. You pull down the safety restaint onto your lap and it locks into place as well as some strange shoulder restaints come down and press onto your shoudlers. Once you've locked those in place, the begins, but before you go spinning the restraints move down just a little bit more automatically, much like Delirium and Tomb Raider except the ones on Time Warp are really painful and not very accomidating to male anatomy.

Im just posting this because I am board and I know chances are it wont happen but what about a park inside a park. Like you have your main seasonal park but then on top of that you could have a indoor park with some dark rides, gaint arcades,and maybe even an indoor coaster and theat could be open all year around.

Im just posting this because I am board and I know chances are it wont happen but what about a park inside a park. Like you have your main seasonal park but then on top of that you could have a indoor park with some dark rides, gaint arcades,and maybe even an indoor coaster and theat could be open all year around.

That sounds very similar to DisneyQuest.

Which is soon to be no more, yet I thought it was a fantastic attraction at Downtown Disney.

I would also like to see the ferris wheel at GL come to KI. Even at a low capacity, a ferris wheel is one of those rides that you expect to see at every park. Capacity should not even be an issue. Only because how often have you seen a ferris wheel with more than a 15 minute wait?

It would be a great addition to the family rides at the park.

But see the problem that DisneQwest encountered, was people like myself not willing to pay the money to enjoy it or the time, when there was other things in Downtown Disney that we wanted to do, and when we wanted to spend time in the actual parks.

It really suffered from being to close to a Disney park, not neccesarily because it wouldnt work.

KI is in desperate need of flats IMO. However the rides being removed from GL do leave a lot to be desired and are unsuitable for KI.

The Time Warp, as others mentioned, was a pretty painful ride. The idea is good. But if you think TR is bad, then I cannot begin to tell you the agony felt being thrust forward, outward and upside down for a seemingly endless cycle in excruciatingly uncomfortable restraints.

Their single-armed Flying Carpet (El Dorado) was mediocre at best. Very slow with little to no "tummy tickling." It was also a portable ride, trailor mounted I believe.

Haybailer was fun, but it's pretty antiquated and limited in it's "thrill factor." It's simply an enclosed Flying Bobs, and if memory serves me, Coney Island has one.

The Enterprise had been removed prior to this past season, correct? That leads me to assume that it had mechanical issues that deemed it unusable. Doubt we'll see that.

GL also had a Matterhorn ride, but it dissapeared prior to last season too, didn't it?

The Texas Tornado (Top Spin) is headed to Great America... correction... CALIFORNIA'S Great America. Plus KI already has one.

The Americana Ferris Wheel is something I'd like to see it at KI, I think it's a flat they could use. However, it's a Chance Wheel and with the new restrictions I, as a single, would not be permitted to ride.

That leaves Thriller Bees (eh), the Yo-Yo (eh), Scrambler (have one), Pirate Ship (Have one), Octopus (They have a Monster) and Pirate Bounty Ride (They have a flying version in Nick Central.)

Isn't that about it in the flat dept?

Personally I'd love to see KI get a package of new flats. A Breakdance, a Tilt-O-Whirl, a traditional Flying Carpet, a whip, spinning teacups etc etc etc.

...none of which GL had.

But see the problem that DisneQwest encountered, was people like myself not willing to pay the money to enjoy it or the time, when there was other things in Downtown Disney that we wanted to do, and when we wanted to spend time in the actual parks.

It really suffered from being to close to a Disney park, not neccesarily because it wouldnt work.

wasn't dinsey quest in other cities such as chicago???