Demon Drop...

DropZone99

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^You're right... Because it's going in MY BACK YARD! Yep, I bought it myself. If anyone wants to ride, I'll only charge $3 per ride, or $15 for an all day pass!

*please don't take this seriously haha*

Really wow ok home address please and do you hvae a season pass as well? ;):P

I was on the train at Cedar Point on Saturday and my fiancee was like, "Does Cedar Point have any more room to build anything new?" Then this lady sitting across from us said, "They're shipping Demon Drop to Kings Island and building a new coaster there that goes out over the water."

I was like, "Huh?" And she said she knew someone who knows someone who works at the park. She said they won't be building that coaster for like 2 years, but it's coming.

So yeah. Demon Drop is coming to KI. The lady from the train who knows a guy who knows a guy told me so. :lol:

Then this lady sitting across from us said, "They're shipping Demon Drop to Kings Island and building a new coaster there that goes out over the water."

It is funny on how people will believe that building a coaster over the shores of Lake Erie, specifically over the water, is no big deal. In the summer, it would be fun, chilly until mid June, but still fun.

But what some seem to forget is that Lake Erie winters are very harsh. Ice dunes can accumulate in excess of 15'. That is a tremendous amount of force to push water that high. But once the shoreline freezes, that is where the real force comes in. The ice that would surround each footer would most likely destroy the coaster. And yes, they could make the footers large & beefy enough to possibly withstand the winter forces, but now imagine the cost?

I will never say never, but I would certainly be shocked if CP would do anything like that.

Errr. They are technically called footings, not footers! I would tend to agree that it is not likely that Cedar Point will likely not build over Lake Erie waters. Mostly because they likely do not own the land over which the water sits. Their land probably covers the beaches that they have, but does not extend too terribly far into the lake waters.

Why don't we all agree just to call them footies. :lol:

Anyhoo, I agree that CP most likely won't be building into the lake.

I seriously doubt that Demon Drop is coming to Kings Island. Obviously, CF is not interested in re-locating DD to any of their parks, otherwise, it would already be done. Is it true that the maintenance is a nightmare on the first generation freefalls?