Which type of season pass are you going to get?

BoddaH1994

I'm undecided. I've had a pass the last two years, and it has been a FANTASTIC value. But, sometimes I've felt like I've almost "made" myself go because I have the pass. Before I had a pass, I just went if a group of friends was going or something. Either way, I need to decide before my trip to HH.

It depends on the prices, single mom with three kids. It was almost $100 more from 2006 to 2007 with having to pay for a parking pass. I sure miss the $269 for a family of four with free parking.

I was doing the math earlier today, to figure out the price difference for us as well.

Family of 4 here (2 adults 2 kids, - ok, actually 5, but the 5th will be free next year).

My calc for KI Gold was $310 (free parking because of renewing) - 2@90; 2@65

My calc for Plat Pass was $460 (free parking included regardless of renewal) - 2 @140; 2@$90

Yours would probably be (if all under 48 inches tall):

KI Gold $285 (free parking if renew by 11/10) 1@90; 3@65

KI Plat $410 (free parking) 1 @140; 3@90.

I think we would like to do a trip to CP next year, so, if I figure in all the stuff for that...2@70 for adults; 2@25 for kids; 2@10 for parking, we come out ahead of the deal purchasing Plat, but not by much.

Platinum Pass. It's a really good value...for certain folks. Just looking at where the Cedar Fair parks are on a map, the platinum pass is really great for people who live in Ohio, Michigan, and North Carolina. Otherwise, you probably have to drive 4+ hours from your home park to get to another CF park, making it harder to get the best value out of your free parking.

It also is a good deal for people who visit a home park a lot and want to visit another CF park when they are in a different area. Personally, I probably wouldn't get the value out of it visiting only CP or KI, but both together make it a deal.

It depends on the prices, single mom with three kids. It was almost $100 more from 2006 to 2007 with having to pay for a parking pass. I sure miss the $269 for a family of four with free parking.

I miss those days too. 2 years ago we paid $269 for the family of 4 for the KI Gold pass and the parking was included. Then we went to Cedar Point 1 time, so our family paid $407 for the season.

This year we paid $500 for our Maxx Passes (free parking for renewing) 3 trips to other parks at $10.00 for parking brings our total to $530.

For our passes next year we will be paying $560. While it is nice that parking is included in the Plat. Pass next year, there really isn't a reason that both of my kids need it included on theirs. I guess it makes up for it if we get the free jackets. The kids will like them and probably get a lot of use out of them.

Or here:

Cedar Point Maxx Pass= $125

All Ohio Parking= 75

Joe Cool 15

CF Parking Fees, various 40

TOTAL $255

vs.

CP Platinum $140

(I am resisting the urge...must not say "pricing integrity." Whoops!)

I think the Platinum Pass fits within the realm of pricing integrity. I think that by their definition (in this case) they would drop the prices of passes significantly in mid July or so in order to get people to purchase, thus causing people to wait until then. That's why pass prices typically just go up.

I'm probably getting a Gold Pass. Oh my gosh! 25 votes for Platinum Pass! Unless you travel a lot or go to all the Cedar Fair parks at least once, that's weird for $125 for all 12 parks plus 8 waterparks.

Not at all. Admission to CP plus parking will cost you around $60 or so, so you almost break even for the upgrade with just one visit to CP. Not to mention that you have Geauga Lake, Wildwater Kingdom, and Soak City in Ohio alone at your disposal.

Ryan

To ride The Big Dipper, to start with.

Assuming, of course, it's still there.

Or to ride Ohio's ONLY floorless B and M. Assuming, again, of course, it's still there.

Geauga was a great park in the Funtime days. It was a good park in the Six Flags Worlds of Adventure days. I sometimes wonder if it is even going to be a dry park in future Cedar Fair days.

I'm totally debating on which pass to get now. What I figured is a Gold Pass to KI is 89.95 per Pass, and a Platinum Pass is 140.00. I also receive free parking for renewing my 2007 pass. So If I decide to go to CP next summer, I can probably get a discount ticket thru AAA for 35 dollars or so. It also has been stated that a parking pass is good at any Cedar Fair park, so if that it indeed true then my KI Gold Pass will get be in the parking gate at CP. So that's how much now, about 124 dollars. So I'm still in the good, even if I had to pay parking at CP it's still only 134 dollars, still 6 dollars to the good. But if I went to CP for 2 days then it would be wiser to buy a Platinum Pass. I have no idea which one I'm going to get.

Does anyone know if I do buy a Gold Pass, and decide to Upgrade to Platinum if that can be done next year? I'm definitely buying one this year cause I want the jacket. LOL :)

^

I think you only get the jacket if you buy the $140 Platium Pass. If you had a gold pass I think your parking pass wouldn't be good at the other Cedar Fair parks. (I could be wrong on that) I would just get the $140 because in order to enjoy your-self you need at least 2 days at Cedar Point. I spend almost 2 weeks there every year and still feel pressiured to get evertyhing in that I want to do.

You get the jacket with any season pass purchase, regular, gold or platinum.

n515401742_297333_9829.jpg

Yeah 2 days would be best at Cedar Point, but I have done just one day many of times. I'm not even sure if I'll go to CP next year. So my question really is, you think you'll be able to upgrade your pass at some point in the season?