New Ride Names now Official

italianchef

^All things that cost money that CF, a company counting its pennies, could spend in other places especially when nothing has to be changed.

Yes, the OUTER LIMITS: Flight of Fear name was changed when Paramount lost naming rights to the t.v. show.

They never lost the naming rights, they dropped the outer limits part when the show was cancelled and no longer shown regularly.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As part of the sale, CF was allowed to keep the Paramount names for 10 years. But why wait for the 10 years to pass? Keeping the names only means that CF is providing free advertisement to Paramount and its dated films. That doesn't make much sense.

I am very happy that all Paramount names and themes (but Nickelodeon) will be dropped. I can't wait to see what will replace them....especially for TR:TR.

Merry Christmas,

Italian Chef

I am not looking forward to the new TR:TR. Given Cedar Fair's track record regarding themeing, I think the ride will end up being even more of a shell of its former self. The experience is so totally dependent upon the special effects and scenery, I don't think Cedar Fair will be able to produce an adeqaute replacement for the Paramount branding.

I'd be happy with one more season of above average operations (think 2006 season), and then removal.

I am not looking forward to the new TR:TR. Given Cedar Fair's track record regarding themeing, I think the ride will end up being even more of a shell of its former self. The experience is so totally dependent upon the special effects and scenery, I don't think Cedar Fair will be able to produce an adeqaute replacement for the Paramount branding.

I'd be happy with one more season of above average operations (think 2006 season), and then removal.

Give them a chance, i mean they are really starting to get on the themeing bandwagon (see maverick) if they give TRTR a new program and some good music and sound effects, even if the themeing isnt quite as top shelf as TRTR was when it first opened it could still be a good ride.

Guest rcfreak339
i wonder if the videos that play in the queue lines will stay the same. what with the name changing and all..

I hope they do Ilove the dncing kitties! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
i wouldnt worry about congo's name, rumors among employees were that it would be taken out soon anyway.

:angry: Why would they take it out that ride is busy in the hot summer days, however it doesnt have long lines on the weekdays. Id like to see them improve it like Disney World did with thiers.

According to Ryan's post, the Paramount names will change. I wonder if all of them will change or just some of them.

Here are all the Paramount names:

Rides:

Tomb Raider: The Ride

Top Gun

Days of Thunder

Face/Off

Congo Falls

Drop Zone

The Italian Job Stunt Coaster

Eateries:

Wings Diner

Happy Days Diner

Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack

Lieutenant Dan's Bar

I hope that CF changes ALL of the names and not just some of them. We'll see.

Any ideas?

Italian Chef

Id like them to get rid of Italian Job and bring the antque cars back. Have alot of memories on those hehehehe

I'm not sure it is instructive of much at Kings Island, but both Kings Dominion and Six Flags Great Adventure recently removed theirs....

The more I think about a water ride like that the more I come to realize why they woudl take it out and it makes some sense. Congo Falls is ONLY really used on hott days .. they have it running and some people ride it on cooler days but you really dont see it used, on hott days yes it is very much so used. So if you stop and think about it, on those days that they have it running and not many people are riding it, it is using up a lot of water which just adds to the price. They already have to pay over the amount that they should for water consumption I believe so it kinda makes some sense if they WERE (and i bold were) planning on taking it out but I would presume it could be a few years before that MIGHT take place.

I don't foresee Congo Falls coming out as soon as 2008, but Kings Dominion did removed it's Diamond Falls ride which was very similar to our Congo Falls. But It's the only water ride on that side of the park, that would only leave KI with 2 water rides, and they are pretty much right next to each other. I guess only time will tell.

good thinkin' JacksonPKI. rip out a roller coaster and place a ferris wheel on a 5-acre plot. That would be ONE HECK of a line que. It would look as busy as SOB's line.

Amazon/Congo falls would do much better with a re-theme, not just a name change... enclose the thing- maybe slip a few dinosaurs in there....... oh, wait- for that kind of creativity on theming you have to have a Universal or Disney.

good thinkin' JacksonPKI. rip out a roller coaster and place a ferris wheel on a 5-acre plot. That would be ONE HECK of a line que. It would look as busy as SOB's line.

Amazon/Congo falls would do much better with a re-theme, not just a name change... enclose the thing- maybe slip a few dinosaurs in there....... oh, wait- for that kind of creativity on theming you have to have a Universal or Disney.

See: The Golden Kingdom at Great Adventure....

Six Flags can do it. When they WANT to.