New Ride Names now Official

italianchef

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Tomb Raider was the most heavily themed ride in Kings Island history or something like that. Am I right? So how are you just going to get up and go change a ride that took 20 Million Dollars to construct. To Me it is going to look very weird without the little pre-show showing the story of Lara Croft. "Famous Last Words"

My guess is that they'll keep the general premise the same, but just remove/update/alter the existing theming so that it won't be associated with Tomb Raider. My guess is that the queue theming and most of the on-ride theming will remain. The only thing during the ride I can see being changed is the giant stone statue on the forward wall (since that might resemble the movies too much). But I do think there will be a completely new pre-show (if it even comes back at all).

The only reason I can guess as to why they didnt rename congo falls is because 1. they are planning on taking it out in the years to come, or 2. well i dont know a 2 but yah thats the only reason I can come to why they wouldnt change the name..

and I notice that Face/Off... er... Invertigo is located in "Action Zone" - which has a "TM" by the name... does that mean that this area is subject to a name change as well?

Also, the PKI... I mean KI web "favicon" is still the Paramount mountain.

Cedar Fair acquired the trademarks owned by Paramount Parks when it acquired the parks. Only those things that were licensed from others could not be included, and must be negotiated as licenses expire. The Action Zone trademark, not unlike The Beast, is doubtless now a Cedar Fair property.

and I notice that Face/Off... er... Invertigo is located in "Action Zone" - which has a "TM" by the name... does that mean that this area is subject to a name change as well?

Also, the PKI... I mean KI web "favicon" is still the Paramount mountain.

Cedar Fair acquired the trademarks owned by Paramount Parks when it acquired the parks. Only those things that were licensed from others could not be included, and must be negotiated as licenses expire. The Action Zone trademark, not unlike The Beast, is doubtless now a Cedar Fair property.

I think the Action Zone sign was taken out last year.

The only reason I can guess as to why they didnt rename congo falls is because 1. they are planning on taking it out in the years to come, or 2. well i dont know a 2 but yah thats the only reason I can come to why they wouldnt change the name..

Maybe because Congo Falls doesn't directly refer to the movie Congo.

Congo is not only a movie, but it's a place! :o

Most people do not realize that Congo was a movie.

Congo was an awful movie.

I would like to do two polls.

#1- who on this board knew Congo was a movie

#2- who on this board even knew that Congo was more than just a country to conqueror on a "Risk" board

I can answer yes to both of those... (Although, I usually think of "Congo" in terms of the Michael Crichton novel first, and the Paramount movie second...)

To add to your polling, though, I wonder how many know what a "Risk" board is! ;)

Congo was an awful movie.

I would like to do two polls.

#1- who on this board knew Congo was a movie

#2- who on this board even knew that Congo was more than just a country to conqueror on a "Risk" board

I can answer yes to both of those... (Although, I usually think of "Congo" in terms of the Michael Crichton novel first, and the Paramount movie second...)

To add to your polling, though, I wonder how many know what a "Risk" board is! ;)

I can answer yes to both of Elmer's questions and I can accept your challenge to play Risk JZ! :P

Maybe because Congo Falls doesn't directly refer to the movie Congo.

Congo is not only a movie, but it's a place! :o

Most people do not realize that Congo was a movie.

same with drop zone. i didn't know that was a paramount movie until it was pointed out to me in an earlier forum