Top Gun painting

dare-to-fly

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Flight Deck will get a new paint job since it has a new name, and it'll have to get a new sign.

I went to GWL and saw Flight Deck I saw nothing of the sort. It lookes really quit back there.

Well, there is quite a bit of off-season to go yet. It could be painted some time in March or April.

Actually, WAH was in the Adventure Village area of the park (along with Cafe K and Amazon Falls.) In 1994, WAH was removed, and Top Gun was put in its place, with NO area name change. The name change occured with the entrance of Face/Off and Drop Zone to that area of the park.

If it doesn't say something else entirely, given that California's Great America just changed the words Flight Deck on its website (for the former Top Gun B and M coaster) to Afterburn. . .

http://www.cagreatamerica.com/attractions/...il.cfm?ai_id=48

Perhaps CF is paying attention to the horrible reaction (for the most part) that Flight Deck was receiving and decided to change the name to something else. I think that name is 100+% better than Flight Deck.

Perhaps CF is paying attention to the horrible reaction (for the most part) that Flight Deck was receiving and decided to change the name to something else.

Horrible reaction from who? The general public? Try again...

Of course not. I was just stating that it seems to be the consensus on KIC that "Flight Deck" is a lazy, lackluster name. At least from what I've seen. I could be wrong. I'm sure the general public does not have any idea that any of the rides are changing names. Most people probably won't even notice when they enter the queue for said rides....

Definately! When they get in line it will be for "the swinging coaster" or "this one" or whatever they choose to call it. I've noticed the public doesn't always pay attention to names. If they did, they'd see there's no "s" in Racer.

I agree with you completely, It is very seldom when either visiting or working at the park that I ever hear a guest call a ride by its given name. They always want to know what the grey and red one is. Or where they can find The Racer(s). Of course Monster is almost always the spider, and Vortex is usually "that one" (points to the sky above BSC's plaza).

Definately! When they get in line it will be for "the swinging coaster" or "this one" or whatever they choose to call it. I've noticed the public doesn't always pay attention to names. If they did, they'd see there's no "s" in Racer.

I agree with you completely, It is very seldom when either visiting or working at the park that I ever hear a guest call a ride by its given name. They always want to know what the grey and red one is. Or where they can find The Racer(s). Of course Monster is almost always the spider, and Vortex is usually "that one" (points to the sky above BSC's plaza).

i have never heard monster called the spider. i always hear people call it the octopus

and does top gun/ flight deck even have a sign?

^Top Guns sign is at the front of the queue right out by Son of Beast's sign! And yes, I have heard Monster called octopus as well, but usually I hear spider, not sure why, but thats what Ive mostly heard!

As far as people calling it Spider, I would imagine that is it because just about every County fair or carnival I've ever been to with a ride like the Monster calls it the Spider. :huh:

^Top Guns sign is at the front of the queue right out by Son of Beast's sign! And yes, I have heard Monster called octopus as well, but usually I hear spider, not sure why, but thats what Ive mostly heard!

As far as people calling it Spider, I would imagine that is it because just about every County fair or carnival I've ever been to with a ride like the Monster calls it the Spider. :huh:

I bet Lee Ulric Eyerly knew why.

I'd rather see Top Gun removed before repainted, it's the worst ride in the park. Well, second worst- still can't get crappier than Italian Job Stunt Crap.

THE ITALIAN STUNT JOB IS A GREAT RIDE! Its especially good for the kids that are afraid of the big coasters. Not all people are big coaster riders. Its good to have a variety. For the variety thats a GREAT ride!!!!! :D

I'd rather see Top Gun removed before repainted, it's the worst ride in the park. Well, second worst- still can't get crappier than Italian Job Stunt Crap.

THE ITALIAN STUNT JOB IS A GREAT RIDE! Its especially good for the kids that are afraid of the big coasters. Not all people are big coaster riders. Its good to have a variety. For the variety thats a GREAT ride!!!!! :D

Thank you for giving us another perfect example. That ride you were referring to (was) called Italian Job: Stunt Track, not Italian Stunt Job, so thank you for your point as well as clearing up one of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Top Gun should be repainted. Only removed if they plan to put something else in its place. I still like the ride, you just gotta be able to deal with the fairly long walk but oh well you pretty much walk straight up to the station so I cant really complain. I saw other people say TG was the worst ride in the park but I would have to say the crypt or Son of Beast. Both of those are pretty rough and just not that fun to me.

• 1 month later...