Days of thunder

DanielRadsgrl

Doesn’t anyone miss days of thunder, I mean that was the best like the time when you go to the pits and they jack up your car. My mom told me to say they need to get that back. We haven't had many good things after that. I mean James bond was stupid, and 7th portal was kinda dumb and especially the meter thing that was retarded. But the spongebob looks awesome. But we still need days of thunder I think. What about everyone else?

I think the pitstop part was the ONLY thing I liked about Days of Thunder. I didn't think they captured the movement very well with the seats while they were driving on the screen. I just felt like I was being thrown around in a seat, not moving super fast and dodging cars. But it was tons better than Bond, I must admit that. 7th Portal still remains my favorite unless Spongebob can take its place.

I'm not trying to get it back but I was just saying that I miss it and it would be cool to get it back. Anyways the movie probably looks really old since it was taped along time ago and no one would like it. Especially the little kids.

Edited by DanielRadsgrl

Action Theater isn't themed to racing, it's themed to action movies. That's why they have pictures of action sequences from movies like Star Trek and Titanic in the queue line. I still don't understand why they haven't put a Star Trek adventure thing in Action Theater. It seems like the easiest action ride to make. You put the camera in the deck of the Enterprise just when they are put under attack by Klingons. I mean, it seems so easy and that it would be super cool, but instead they've put stuff like Meteor Attack in there!

It could be they could have been too busy to even really care. They put some effort into it, but not enough to make it good. They need to make a new movie about something that people care about and like. Instead of other crap like meteor attacks and elvira's mansion. Dont get me wrong here, their good rides, but they could have been better. I liked them. All im asking for is a good movie. SpongeBob will probably be ok. I hardly go to the fx theatre anyways.

All the new FXAT films suck anymore. The only decent ones ever were Days of Thunder and James bond. The rest are just garbage. Most of them are way to blurry, and the action moves so fast, you have no idea what is going on. They should either make decent films, or just get ride of the whole thing. That or they could change it into like an Alien Encounter thing, like they have at one of the Disney parks, which i think would be pretty cool.

Doubtful, if you look at them, they are nothing but fiberglass, sheet metal and tubular steel. The really expensive stuff like engines are missing. I think they fabricate these somewhere and then deliver them to the parks. In all reality, I wouldn't even consider them to be shells of cars, instead they are just props.

yeah your right the nascars look kinda expensive but there not!...i wonder if Spongebob 3D will have a HUGE banner hanging over the front of the theater and cutouts like 7thportal did!PKI is really good about themeing the rides for actionFx theater...i wonder if they will play Spongebobs theme song while waiting in line ya know how they played the music to 7th portal..that just leaves me to one last question will we use the same glasses as 7th portal? i ask because last year they looked kinda outta shape..plus i heard they will be replaced by goggles! biggrin.gif

Too be honest with you I am not too sure that they could even bring back the original Day of Thunder movie. If I remember correctly when they switched to the 3D movies they had to bring in a new type of screen and I think they have a new projection system....So I am not sure if the new stuff can handle the original format anymore. Although I would agree with you, DOT was definatly alot better than some of the stuff we have had since then.

From what I understand, there is nothing different about the 3D side of FX Theater's screen. They use two projectors on that side to get the 3D effect. But the other side of FX Theater that showed Meteor Attack last year is still the same as it always was, so it should be able to play older movies if they are still around.

While it is true that I am not certain about the projector set-up I am DEFINATE that the screen was changed (if not both, at least the one on the 3D side) I know for a fact because I know somebody who helped to with both the removal and installation of the screens a few years ago.

Too be honest with you I am not too sure that they could even bring back the original Day of Thunder movie. If I remember correctly when they switched to the 3D movies they had to bring in a new type of screen and I think they have a new projection system....So I am not sure if the new stuff can handle the original format anymore. Although I would agree with you, DOT was definatly alot better than some of the stuff we have had since then.

While it is true that I am not certain about the projector set-up I am DEFINATE that the screen was changed (if not both, at least the one on the 3D side) I know for a fact because I know somebody who helped to with both the removal and installation of the screens a few years ago.

It seems to me yoru contridicting yourself there. First you said that DOT couldnt be brought back because of "A new screen" in the theatres. Than you said that both screens were changed and you knew someone who changed the screens (plural). If that is true than Meteor attack couldnt have been shown on the other side if it was "A special screen"

I can't imagine a 3-D film needing a 'Special Screen" Shouldn't it be more like a special camera that will project the image correctly, as actually two images, one a little off from the other so that when you put the glasses on, It looks 3-D. Its kinda like 3-D comic books for those that remember them. They weren't printed on special paper, but instead with a special ink, and the images were off by about 1/4 inch, which gave them the 3-D look with the glasses.

I am DEFINATE that the screen was changed (if not both, at least the one on the 3D side)

Calm down buddy.....anyways I think that part of my post ways read the wrong way. As you will note I stated that I was not sure if both screens were replaced, but said that the one for the 3D side was definatly changed. I do not know if the screen change has anything to do with the 3D effect or not (My guess is that it might) As well as the fact that I do not know about showing older movies on these screens (You might be able to) TI never said that DOT could NEVER be brought back....I just speculated that it may not be possible to change the format back. But maybe it is....I don't know if the screens play that big of a roll in the whole process or not.

In reply to an old post that somebody said the DOT movie was destroyed, I highly doubt that PKI would just flat out destroy something like that. I mean, if they did that, then why dont they destroy the old king cobra sign, or why dont they destroy the old control booth for Skylab that currently sits by Adventure Expresses exit? I think PKI has it somewhere in storage and maybe one day for like a 1 night only type of event, they will bring out the old equiptment and the movie and have a DOT night. Maybe!

I think the bigger change was in changing to the New 3-D movies. Most things like projectors are backwards compatible so they can play older movies and such, just not the new ones. I would bet they could do it, by just using one camera and not the other. On the other hand, they might be able to modify the DOT film, and give it to us, in 3-d which would really kick butt!

• Like 1

• 20 years later...

I never got to ride James Bond OR Days Of Thunder I do however remember SpongeBob 3D very well as well as the 7th Portal. Apparently at one point they had a Hanna-Barbera 3-D ride that was originally at Universal Studios as well.

It's sad that the Action 3-D theater doesn't operate anymore. :(

• Like 3