The NEW Crypt 5/15

Ki Man

Oh man! i hate the new program on the Crypt! it ssucks! my friend and I went on it last week, because we had nothing else to do with our 10 minutes left, and it sucked. We went once around, then a flip. then to the top, the once backwards, and a backflip. The it was over

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but Paramount did not and cannot copyright icicles and water jets. It's just not possible. The Durga relief on the wall cannot be removed because it IS the wall, and it's very visible, so at this point, they might as well use it to their advantage. The thing I don't get is, every other Top Spin gets water jets. So why can't ours? Like, we already have fountains and pneumatic bubbling devices set up. Literally, they only need to take a hose and fill the water pool and voila, we have a fun element which I think guests would really enjoy. There are already light aimed at the lava pits, so why not just fill them? And turn on the goddess' eyes. They light up, and just a little tiny attention to detail thing like that would at least give the ride character. Just leave her eyes on the whole ride cycle. It's two red lightbulbs!!! That wouldn't exactly send the budget out the roof, would it?!

I think all of you are over-reacting...

I rode it yesterday (for the first time since it was TR:TR---which I LOVED) with a friend who had never been to KI before. The line was barely outside the entrance to the cave, and we waited no more than 30 minutes. I prepared myself for the worst, because I hadn't heard ONE good thing about it since the new program was implemented...we both thought it was great! Everyone else seemed to enjoy it, as well.

The best way to describe it is a giant rock-o-plane in a box. The first couple trips around the top provide some decent airtime, and though the inversions are taken in locked position, they take place in complete darkness and offer great hangtime. The soundtrack also really adds to the ride.

For anyone looking for details as to what it is like now inside the ride chamber...well, it is exactly the same. The goddess statue has been painted black, but when the gondola rises, it is clearly visible, and halfway through the cycle, lights are even shined directly on it. The ivy-covered columns are still there bordering it, too. The stalactites were not lit up on the ceiling, so I'm not sure it they are still there, but I assume they are. However, the lava pit it still there, and it is CLEARLY visible while riding (riders are positioned to look directly down into it while going through the back-flip), as well as those who are boarding the second row of seats.

We enjoyed The Crypt so much, we ended up riding 3 times throughout the day, never waiting more than 25-30 minutes. If you have not ridden it yet, please don't be scared away from all of the negative comments on this board. Just take them all into consideration, and enter the ride with very low expectations (like I did), and you shouldn't be the least bit disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump, but didn't think this was worthy of a new thread.

I was in the park on Wednesday, and I am 100% sure that there were 2 flips in the program. We began moving forward, and did the first flip while traveling through the second (maybe third) full rotation. The flip began when the arms were at full height and continued throughout the downward fall, being back at "home" position by the time the arms were at the bottom of the path. After one more full "forward" rotation, the direction changed, and the same thing repeated while going backwards, including the flip.

The soundtrack seemed to be the same as what is described here.

The lighting was actually a very good program, synced to the ride very well. At 2 or 3 points in the ride, the Durga relief on the wall was illuminated, and even though it is painted black, was an obvious part of the ride.

Having ridden with the first Tomb Raider program, then the Crypt of last year, and now this year, I can say that this program is not as fun as last years, but I still prefer this year's (although it does seem different than what was described earlier in the season) to the original Tomb Raider program.

A few more notes:

-I saw compalints on here of a strong urine odor in the queue. There was a musty smell in the queue, but nothing that smelled "bad." This must have been cleaner up.

-The maintenance area is easily visible and really should be covered up. Other than this, I thought that the theme was fine. Nothing looked overtly cheap or out of place.

• Like 1

I rode the Crypt last weekend for the first time this year. While I was in line, I didn't smell 'urine', but as newsguy said, it smelled 'musty'. I don't think the theming in the line looks too bad. When I rode, I had fun. While it may not have been as thrilling as the old program, I still thought it was fun. The one thing I was dissapointed with was how short it was. If it could've been a longer program with just going back and forth in circles, I would've been okay with it even if it still only did two flips. I think you guys are so upset about it because you knew what it used to be, and you're just being critical of what Cedar Fair is doind (or lack of action). There were some people on my particular that kept screaming, "This is awesome! This is so freaking cool! Whoa!" The general public is happy with it...some. I also heard someone on another day say it was boring and only did two flips. I think it is just a mixed bag of what people think. But, overall I think it was fun and it was something different to ride. :)

• Like 1

First Frog Hoppers, now Rock-O-Planes.

I swear if someone now compares Crypt to Tower of Terror, I am going to overdose on Pronto Pups in an attempt to compensate.

Sigh.

That's what the Crypt needs...Pronto Pups at the entrance and exit.....Now that would be a ride no matter how many flips you make.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...