The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

And take a step back and look at the big picture. People go on rides everyday all over the World with an unknown medical conditions. Yet, it seems that everytime someone gets hurt while riding SoB, that is the reason. And while it is probably the exact reason why someone gets hurt, why is SoB always at the center of attention?

Because Americans are sue happy? lol :P Sonny has a reputation and I guess people got to where they like to feed off of that...?

Just look at Brookfield Zoo in Chicago faced a lawsuit threat by a lady saying the dolphins splashing around in the show made the ground wet and she slipped and fell x.x

Back seat on Son of Beast? Oh, you weren't asking for it or anything. :rolleyes: Haha!

what do you mean asking for it :huh: ? i've rode Son of Beast mulitiple times in the very back and didn't experience anything rougher than what you experience in the back seat of The Beast.

and cedarpointer, no one died on Son of Beast, that would require them to be setting in the train at the time of death, they died the next day.

Because Americans are sue happy? lol :P Sonny has a reputation and I guess people got to where they like to feed off of that...?

Just look at Brookfield Zoo in Chicago faced a lawsuit threat by a lady saying the dolphins splashing around in the show made the ground wet and she slipped and fell x.x

I agree that many people are sue happy, but, SoB has gained a reputation that is well deserved. We are not talking about an isolated incident.

Okay now that brings me to another question - do people actually sue amusement parks for being injured?

Yes. Some of them are even actually injured. Others are not. Insurance companies, lawyers, doctors, claims examiners, park owners and operators, ride manufacturers, judges and juries all have roles in racking and stacking the claims into categories and taking what are hoped to be the appropriate actions.

Back seat on Son of Beast? Oh, you weren't asking for it or anything. :rolleyes: Haha!

what do you mean asking for it :huh: ? i've rode Son of Beast mulitiple times in the very back and didn't experience anything rougher than what you experience in the back seat of The Beast.

and cedarpointer, no one died on Son of Beast, that would require them to be setting in the train at the time of death, they died the next day.

Coasterjunkie, with your logic that would be very few people ever died anywhere. The lady who fell out of Space Commander died when she hit the ground, not because she fell out of the ride. Blunt Force trauma caused the injuries that lead to his death on SOB.

Apply the logic of this. You hit a person while they are walking across the street. They later die in the hospital due to blunt force trauma caused by the car accident. They die two days later. They still died from the car accident.

Flight Commander the woman died on because she was drunk and had unbuckled herself and thats how she fell out and when she hit the ground died from that. SOB was cleared I thought by the state and I wonder when we will know after the season is over what they are going to do with it. I'm not a big fan of SOB but loved the first drop all the time and then after that the rosebowl that everyone had complained about was very rough for going 80mph. I think it should have had a few hills after the first drop and then went into a double helix like someone before posted on this topic on here or screamscape I think it was I can't remember but it was designed the wrong way really.

I thought they did but I guess Cedar Fair is the one out of luck on that because Paramount would get that money. Who knows maybe we will see SOB redesigned like Phantoms Revenge was at Kennywood.

What money?

RCCA is, by all accounts, judgment proof. . .

And as between Cedar Fair and CBS, the acquisition agreement would specify who was to receive any proceeds, were any ever collected.

I thought they did but I guess Cedar Fair is the one out of luck on that because Paramount would get that money. Who knows maybe we will see SOB redesigned like Phantoms Revenge was at Kennywood.

What money?

RCCA is, by all accounts, judgment proof. . .

And as between Cedar Fair and CBS, the acquisition agreement would specify who was to receive any proceeds, were any ever collected.

ok i thought i heard, and correct me if i am wrong....that CF took on a few contracted debts when they bought the park.....like SOB that had problems and the tried to SUE the maker and they was like bankrupt.....please correct me if i am wrong.

Paramount Parks had sued RCCA and its affiliates before the Cedar Fair acquisition. To my knowledge, neither they nor Cedar Fair have ever collected a dime of the default judgment that Paramount Parks obtained.

yea yea, thats what i ment, and didnt CF have to pay out a settlement? thats kinda what i ment by debt

I'm no expert either, but I think there may be something to the helix theory. The first hill is fun, after that it is sheer hell. Most on here know I am arthritic-so to the naysayers, why is it I can ride Beast and actually feel better and then compare to Son of Beast when my day was done? Cost would be a factor, but the only thing that would make it better would be to remove that helix and put it toward the end-like the other poster said (I forgot, sorry been a hell day) a few more hills would have made it an excellent coaster.

Not everyone sues for an injury on a ride. I know of one person who would never step foot in a courtroom for that reason.

If they finally announce whats going to happen with SOB when could we see any kind of construction happen after the off-season? Would this go on in the winter or after when the park opens back up for spring of 2010 due to conditions? :huh::huh:

maybe Extream Home Make Over and Ty can do something with it.......i am SURE that would boost the parks ratings

If they finally announce whats going to happen with SOB when could we see any kind of construction happen after the off-season? Would this go on in the winter or after when the park opens back up for spring of 2010 due to conditions? :huh::huh:

maybe Extream Home Make Over and Ty can do something with it.......i am SURE that would boost the parks ratings

where would they find a bus that big to hide it. LOL