The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

I think you underestimate this place. No matter what decision is made and announced, at least 40 percent of the people here will be very unhappy about it, if past is prologue. And the group that is unhappy will argue with the group that is overjoyed--about whether or not the park/Cedar Fair made the right decision, announced it at the right time, and will actually do what they say will do.

You know what tho terp, this place has at least become more civil in the passing time since the ride has closed... with that being said I am waiting under my desk peeking over at the lap top screen waiting for the bomb to drop to start the argument. Where do those of us who think that the decision that will be made will be for the overall best (SBNO, Operating, or Destruction) interest of the company/visitors in the long term view? Are we like the Swiss?

BTW anyone out here on this board who is or was a soldier, airman, sailor, etc... My deepest and most sincere thank you.... thank you... THANK YOU....

if anyone remembers back when the berlin wall came down there were alot of chunks encased in glass/plastic that were sold as memorabilia. have any of the parks done anything similar after destroying a beloved coaster? i know i would want a piece of track or support for my desk! :)

Does anyone from the "inside" have any info on when the park may say something...or the method they may do it? Or if they will at all?

It's also a possibility that the ride will simply re-open in 2010, and no "announcement" of any kind will be necessary. Just curious. I'm assuming the answer is simply...dead silence.

if anyone remembers back when the berlin wall came down there were alot of chunks encased in glass/plastic that were sold as memorabilia. have any of the parks done anything similar after destroying a beloved coaster? i know i would want a piece of track or support for my desk! :)

I suspect a lot of enthusiasts would buy into that, but would the general public be interested? And who knows, maybe there are liability issues. Someone might get a splinter in their finger from handling their little piece of SoB. :lol:

Does anyone from the "inside" have any info on when the park may say something...or the method they may do it? Or if they will at all?

It's also a possibility that the ride will simply re-open in 2010, and no "announcement" of any kind will be necessary. Just curious. I'm assuming the answer is simply...dead silence.

The answer to your first question almost certainly is yes, of course someone on the "inside" knows. But generally speaking, those who know don't talk, and vice versa.

Having said that however, there was one comment in particular which was posted in this thread somewhere which, to me, strongly suggests one way or the other. You figure out the rest ;)

I got a couple of pieces of The Beast. That I found in the woods on a tour. But there all llike nuts and old screws that never were used.

Stealing ANY property of Kings Island/Cedar Fair is against the law...

Karma Police, arrest this man...

If they sold enough pieces of the wood, that would make a nice down payment on a new woodie to put in it's place. B)

I would pay like $3-$5 for a block of SoB wood with the name stamped on it. It's a huge markup by the park, most customers would find that to be a reasonable price, AND it costs almost nothing for the park to make. (and it's cheaper than most park souveniers!)