HAUNT now operating on select Thursdays and Sundays!

kjkjkj

I can't see how they're going to get enough people to work for the Thursday's. Our crews empty out enough on the weekends during post season, with people away at college and others having to go to high school the next morning I can't believe they will have enough people to run even just the big rides.

I can't see how they're going to get enough people to work for the Thursday's. Our crews empty out enough on the weekends during post season, with people away at college and others having to go to high school the next morning I can't believe they will have enough people to run even just the big rides.

Maybe they're only going to run the mazes, and no rides. Didn't they run Fearfest or HH on a few Thursdays a couple years ago?...

^ Particularly on those Thursdays. I can't think of too many seasonal parks that have events like this on Thursdays. I think it's smart to try it on a very limited schedule first to see if it'll work on an expanded level.

"The day that shall not be mentioned" should be interesting. We went to Canada's Wonderland last year on that day and there were very few people in the park (Behemoth had a five minute line). Granted, their event is a separate gate charge, but this was a 65 degree day in October up there so I can't envision this would affect crowds too much, particularly for those willing to go earlier in the day.

Dear Kings Island,

Some people don't enjoy Haunt, you know.

Most people do. If you haven't noticed, Kings Island is packed during HH.

Halloween Haunt doesn't begin until 7pm anyway, so just stay at the park until then.

i really have a feeling that thursday will be a great day crowdwise, but not worker wise. i wonder if it will be like when they had fridays and they called them bare-bones except with less coasters open. i just dont see it being as awesome as it could be if it were the exact same as saturday. its not on the calendar still, and they havent released if it would have the same hours or anything either.

From HAUNT's official facebook

Kings Island Halloween Haunt is expanding its operating calendar for 2009! Select Thursdays (Oct. 8 & 15) and Sundays (Oct. 11 & 18) added!

So I'll be extra tired at my day job on the mornings of Friday Oct. 9th & 16, and Monday Oct. 12th & 19th from working Haunt the nights before. :lol: But it will be so worth it!

I am not even allowed to work on those Thursdays and Sundays. It stated in that packet you got if you were hired that 16-17 year olds CAN NOT work past a certain time, on a night when you have school the next day. Plus I would need some time to do homework on the weekends!

^Where do you go to school? I don't get off work until 5:00 and I head straight to the park for Haunt from there. Of course, I'm only driving from Pfeiffer Rd in Blue Ash, so it's a straight shot up 71 for me.

Where do you work, if you don't mind me asking? I live very close to there, and go to school near there. Just curious.

It will be interesting, I might leave class early too, It ends at 4:20 so I highly doubt my professor will mind.

Your professor will mind...but it's whether he/she chooses to say/do anything about it that you should be concerned about. I'm sure you'll find a way to be able to work at least to some degree if that's your choosing. I happen to know for a fact that there might just be a certain ride op at The Beast that commutes an hour and a half one way to work his shift...and loves every minute of it, I might add. B)

i really have a feeling that thursday will be a great day crowdwise, but not worker wise. i wonder if it will be like when they had fridays and they called them bare-bones except with less coasters open. i just dont see it being as awesome as it could be if it were the exact same as saturday.

I feel like it will be just like Bare Bones nights. Only the big coasters open, and maybe just the indoor mazes open, not the 3 smaller scare zones. But you all forget that there are plenty of college students umm.. More Mature members of the human race *ducks for cover from Gator* That are there for Haunts. Maybe only a quarter of those employed are Minors believe it or not. There's quite a lot of college students that can cover things ;)

I can work the sunday's but I don't think I can on thur. My college class let's out at 4:20 and I don't think I would have the time to get there.

Depending on where you're at, you may be able to get there later. I used to work right down the road til 6 got there straight to makeup, and in my Haunt by 7. So sometimes, they'd rather take the members being late/leaving early as opposed to not being there at all.