Planning?

Creed Bratton

Do you guys really think they would post a picture of a service road plan on the internet? And why would they need a service road to go over the area where Trail of Terror, is, it would serve no purpose, there are already service roads right near there.

And, I wouldn't say the land where it is at/ the Trail of Terror area is steep. It's relatively flat, and if they are building a rollercoaster, it can fit to the terrain, it's not like it HAS to be completely flat...

I don't know about you guys, but I think they might just be messing with us. The picture looks kind of staged.

But man, I hope I'm wrong.

- Collin

i would have to agree, it could be a topography as stated above, it sure doesnt look like a ride, so throw that out, if it had anything to do with a ride then it would not be any type of design. im thinking maybe just a topography to let us know that they are atleast planning SOMETHING, not necessarily 100 percent in that spot. maybe they are just looking at options

HomerSimpsonDoh.png

Just because the photo was staged, as most PR photos are, doesn't make the plans any less legitimate.

They question is why would they post it, if it is indeed plans? It's obvious this is just another way for us (being the enthusiast community) to begin talking more and more about Kings Island. Thats what they want us to do anyway, and they have been trying to get people talking ever since the old teaser signs that was once the Rumor Coaster for 2009. Which is now Diamondback. Sometimes you guys gotta know what's legit, and what's obviously a publicity stunt. But if this turns out that this is indeed the "topography" survey of the land, then by golly I am wrong. But as of now, seems a bit fishy guys.

I wouldn`t call the go kart track at Kings Island a piece of crap.

I am amazed at how there are not many go kart tracks in and around the Cincinnati area. I know there is a go kart track at Eastgate Adventures (which also has miniature golf), off of I-275 and S.R. 32 on the east side of town. And I think there is an indoor track up in Liberty Township in an old Kroger (paired with a laser tag arena). Has anyone been to the one in Liberty Township? Other than that, there isn`t much. There used to be the indoor go karts in Krazy City, but that has since closed.

PR people need entertainment during the off season too! Does that entertainment come from over excited fan sites?

Perhaps.

- Collin

Of course, for their own entertainment, they are making misleading representations to draw people to the park and sell season passes. I'm sure the consumer fraud people at the Ohio Attorney General's Office would not be entertained by such a practice.....

Let's say I see this picture and call a friend of mine (also a KI fan) and tell him about it. I don't know whether it's a ride, new service road, etc. Regardless, it's something. So now me and my friend are both speculating what it could be. He talks to sombody else about it, and that person tells someone about it, and so on and so on. The park never claimed it to be anything. It could be a new roller coaster or it could be a new service road. My point is that they are more than likely checking out these boards and getting a kick out of what we're saying. And in the mean time, getting some free advertisment via word of mouth. It's a little off season fun, that's all.

- Collin

Let's say I see this picture and call a friend of mine (also a KI fan) and tell him about it. I don't know whether it's a ride, new service road, etc. Regardless, it's something. So now me and my friend are both speculating what it could be. He talks to sombody else about it, and that person tells someone about it, and so on and so on. The park never claimed it to be anything. It could be a new roller coaster or it could be a new service road. My point is that they are more than likely checking out these boards and getting a kick out of what we're saying. And in the mean time, getting some free advertisment via word of mouth. It's a little off season fun, that's all.

- Collin

I see what you are saying, but if CF represents that they are planning something for that area, knowing that there are no such plans and people spend money on CF's products in reliance on those representations.... Let's just say, the law forbids that. If they present truthful tidbits of information and find that people "connect the dots" in a funny way, that is different.....

Of course, for their own entertainment, they are making misleading representations to draw people to the park and sell season passes. I'm sure the consumer fraud people at the Ohio Attorney General's Office would not be entertained by such a practice.....

What are you even talking about? How is posting a picture on your Facebook page be fraud? Look at this as a publicity stunt or an advertisement if you will. Now, if they did go out and say "Buy a season pass to see the next photo!" or if they came out and announced a new ride, and then said they were kidding. But considering this action as fraud is completely irrelevant.

What are you even talking about? How is posting a picture on your Facebook page be fraud? Look at this as a publicity stunt or an advertisement if you will. Now, if they did go out and say "Buy a season pass to see the next photo!" or if they came out and announced a new ride, and then said they were kidding. But considering this action as fraud is completely irrelevant.

Please re-read this thread. I did not say there was fraud, in fact I said quite the opposite. Someone else suggested that the park was misleading people with it's FB postings, which would violate the law. I disagreed with them and pointed out that the park would not do that.

So do you all think they used the blue highlighter to map out the 10K course and used the yellow highlighter to map out the 5K course or vice-versa?

Using The Racer as scale (along with Google Earth), it would be possible to prove/disprove this... I just don't have the time. :P

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have completed a Photoshop image overlaying the line drawing over a Google Maps image. I think it might be useful for some of the more knowledgeable KIC members. However, I don't know how to upload the image. Anyone brave enough to supply me an email? Or...?

It may not be definitive or precise, but I think the image may be helpful for discussion purposes. Thanks.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have completed a Photoshop image overlaying the line drawing over a Google Maps image. I think it might be useful for some of the more knowledgeable KIC members. However, I don't know how to upload the image. Anyone brave enough to supply me an email? Or...?

It may not be definitive or precise, but I think the image may be helpful for discussion purposes. Thanks.

This post here has an overlap, but in order to upload, and easy way to upload an image is to head to www.imageshack.us, and upload the image there. They'll give you a link that you can post here.

I was reading over a report on Cheetah Hunt, the track on this coaster look like they could support the angles seen on our KI Planning sheet. Not sure but the s bends and so forth could represent quick turns and angles. The crazy straights could be elevation or even speed additions like the forced system on FOF. ???? Not sure but might be cool.