Flashback Till Opening Day 2012

TOPGUN1993

If it's possible, I'd like to see either stuff from the early Paramount days (1992-1998), since that time doesn't seem to get noticed a lot. Bonus points for early Adventure Express or Flight of Fear pictures.

Whether or not you post anything like that, I enjoy seeing several aspects of what the park used to be, so I'm very much liking the general mix that's going on right now. Thanks for posting them, TOPGUN1993.

Photo #50 - Beast Tunnel 1

iw44uh.jpg

I remember how tube socks were the rage in those days-another 70's fashion statement. Anyway, Paul, would love to see photos if you have them of The Beast queue house by where the photo booth now stands. You certainly have a treasure trove of photos.

• Like 2

If it's possible, I'd like to see either stuff from the early Paramount days (1992-1998), since that time doesn't seem to get noticed a lot. Bonus points for early Adventure Express or Flight of Fear pictures.

Whether or not you post anything like that, I enjoy seeing several aspects of what the park used to be, so I'm very much liking the general mix that's going on right now. Thanks for posting them, TOPGUN1993.

I think I have a few FOF one's but I'm sure you've seen most of them.

Photo #50 - Beast Tunnel 1

I remember how tube socks were the rage in those days-another 70's fashion statement. Anyway, Paul, would love to see photos if you have them of the Beast queue house by where the photo booth now stands. You certainly have a treasure trove of photos.

Trust me I've been searching for early Beast queue house photos, and came up dry. except a few photos where you can make it out slightly.

Would like to see some Bat pictures.

Dat Bat

Photo #51 - Adventure Express Concept Artwork

14oc5xe.jpg

• Like 3

My first time I went to King's island was right around 02' and or 03' I remember Tomb Raider was a pretty new ride and I waited for about 2-3 hours to ride it. Sadly I wasn't very impressed with it ( Not counting the theme that was top notch!) but my heart was stolen the second time I rode the Flight of Fear.. TopGun1993 could you please find some more pictures of Kings Island right around that time 02' and 03' :) I really would love to see it like it was almost a decade :P even tho it really didn't change that much sense then :P haha. But all of these pictures are great :D Even if they just go back a year they are still a great way to reflect the memories. I have to say 2010 was my favorite year while 2011 wasn't! But Gosh, I was blown away by the Flight of Fear's still to this day :P If I can dig up some of the photo's we have taken at King's Island our self's I will send some your way! Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

As someone that has created concept art (in the form of renderings for buildings before they are completed or even before construction begins), I can attest to the fact that the renderings do not always match the finished product. Things can and do change between the time that the rendering is produced and when the finished product is revealed.

Guest thekidwholives

One of my favorites too^

Photo #53 - Any your all B!tchin about Invertigo's paint jk :D

1jkgvr.jpg

does anyone else see that yellow thing under the track maybe midway through on the right, what is that?

Kind of my own personal flashback... but on my profile pic I just put up a picture of Rudy Guiliani and me at the Sean Hannity Freedom Tour concert back in 2007. That pic was taken in the back stage area of Kings Island Theater. I would post it in this forum, but I am not sure how! LOL!

wow, that is a line for the slide... as a society, we were really hard-up for thrill rides back in the day. if it were there today, that number of people represented in the above picture would likely be the annual tally/count.

I'm not even sure they could operate one of those today without putting an awning over the entire thing, as the plastic would get so hot in the summer.

wow, that is a line for the slide... as a society, we were really hard-up for thrill rides back in the day. if it were there today, that number of people represented in the above picture would likely be the annual tally/count.

I'm not even sure they could operate one of those today without putting an awning over the entire thing, as the plastic would get so hot in the summer.

I used to ride the slide in Hannah-Barbera Land when I was a young chap and there were times in the summer that I was afraid to grab the sides of the slide to push myself faster because the slide was so hot! But man was it fun racing my brother and dad!