Snack Lines

Voicetek

I've always wondered why Skyline and LaRosa's will fill drinks with the wristband, but not Chick-Fil-A or Panda Express. Are the contracts for those places different than the others? All four of them are chains that exist outside of the park, so it seems like they would work the same way. Though obviously, they do not.

My understanding is that Skyline and LaRosa's are operated by the park's food and beverage department, but the chicken restaurant and Panda Express are operated by those companies.

I've always wondered why Skyline and LaRosa's will fill drinks with the wristband, but not Chick-Fil-A or Panda Express. Are the contracts for those places different than the others? All four of them are chains that exist outside of the park, so it seems like they would work the same way. Though obviously, they do not.

My understanding is that Skyline and LaRosa's are operated by the park's food and beverage department, but the chicken restaurant and Panda Express are operated by those companies.

"The Chicken Restaurant" Is called Chick-fil-a.... Sorry I just had to do that :lol: .

Wow, I knew about Chick-fil-A, but not PE - the one at King's Dominion filled our cup with the wristband - that's weird.

I understand the posts that said, "did you stop at Guest Relations", but really - seems like everybody you talk to knows this is an issue. Heck, ask the lines in SC. I don't know what the latest methods are in fast food, but when I did my stint they did 'ringer-runner'. One person (the ringer) always handled money, never food (apart from drinks if needed). The runner person put orders together, starting with the cold stuff. It absolutely frosts me when they go get a hot order of fries and put it on a tray, while they pour cold drinks. Nothing like having it ALL cold. Anyway - that method worked. We had a 3-minute service level from the time the order was placed to the customer leaving the counter, and *everything* was made to order, so it certainly can be done. We also had 'mystery shoppers', so you never knew whether that person on the other side of the counter was testing, or a customer. That could help improve things at KI too... Of all the things I like/disklike at KI, this is the ONE that really could stand some improvement.

"The Chicken Restaurant" Is called Chick-fil-a.... Sorry I just had to do that :lol: .

I had to resist calling it by other names. :)

Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express are not not owned by the park and have their own cash handling systems that is not connected to the parks system. That is why Chick-fil-A are not open on Sundays, just like their stores outside of the park. That is why they are not part of the park's promotions.

Also, if you think service is slow at KI, try eating Panda Express at Carowinds. My trip was over a month ago, so I don't remember what I had ordered. But it took 45 minutes. Yes, 45. With the way lines had been that day, I could have ridden AT LEAST 6 or 7 rides on Intimidator while I was waiting for that food. Worst Dining experience at an amusement park ever. (Though I will add, they did fill my cup with a drink wristband). Granted, I didn't have my car that day or I would have left and re-entered like I always did at KI before this year. Now I just eat Hank's Nachos every time. Only costs me $4.25 and it's a decent sized portion. It isn't much cheaper to eat outside of the park anymore, so I don't bother leaving.

Lesson learned: Make prices reasonable, and people will buy your food. Before this year, all I would eat at KI was maybe 1 order of Bacon Cheese Fries from Rivertown Potato works a month. By lowering prices, KI has gotten probably 5 times as much money from me this year.

Also, so nobody is confused, Carowinds does not have drink wristbands in the same way KI does. At Carowinds, the ONLY way to get an unlimited drink wristband is to buy a souvenir cup, which costs $15 instead of the $11 (or is it $12?) that they charge at KI.

I would like to share my experience at the Skyline next to the scrambler today. I waited in line for only about 2 minutes before I could order which was fine but AFTER I ordered (large 3-way and six cheese coneys) I waited for over 10 minutes and my order was still not ready. I contacted the girl working and she took my receipt and walked in the back to ask and then came back and handed the receipt back to me without saying a word. At this point after watching the guy making the food move about as slow as one can move, I yelled into the window that I wanted my money back NOW!! She went ahead and refunded my money and I moved on my way.

KI needs to either pay their workers more money or get rid of these stiffs that they have working for them. I know that they are not all like this but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

They might have been making your food from scratch rather than having it sit under a heat lamp (like most food at Kings Island does). Be glad they were taking the time to make you fresh food. It was also a large order so that could have taken some time, too.

Yelling at the employee was not appropriate and should not have been done.

• Like 6

That guy making your order at Skyline is not just making your order, but all orders that he has received. Unlike hamburgers and hot dogs, the 3-way, 4-way, or 5-way has to be made as the order is made and is not just waiting for you under a heat lamp. It is the same way for the cheese coneys. It is the same even if you went to the Skyline on the other side of the interstate. The waiter takes your order, you wait, then you receive your order. Don't forget, that same guy is also preparing the order of the person or persons that waited in line ahead of you. He is not there just to wait until YOU arrived so he can be your very own person fast order cook. Now put yourself in the other shoe and how will you feel if you were on the other side of the counter and some guy was yelling at YOU and demanding their money be refunded.

• Like 6

I would like to share my experience at the Skyline next to the scrambler today. I waited in line for only about 2 minutes before I could order which was fine but AFTER I ordered (large 3-way and six cheese coneys) I waited for over 10 minutes and my order was still not ready. I contacted the girl working and she took my receipt and walked in the back to ask and then came back and handed the receipt back to me without saying a word. At this point after watching the guy making the food move about as slow as one can move, I yelled into the window that I wanted my money back NOW!! She went ahead and refunded my money and I moved on my way.

KI needs to either pay their workers more money or get rid of these stiffs that they have working for them. I know that they are not all like this but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

Wow. Talk about over reaction. AS A FORMER SKYLINE WORKER. It takes a minute or two to make all the food. Calm that down. You can wait for your food like a big boy/girl.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you don't want coneys and ways to be slopped together. They make a horrid mess!

• Like 5

Wow. Talk about over reaction. AS A FORMER SKYLINE WORKER. It takes a minute or two to make all the food. Calm that down. You can wait for your food like a big boy/girl.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you don't want coneys and ways to be slopped together. They make a horrid mess!

You're exactly right!! It takes a minute or two to make all the food.

They might have been making your food from scratch rather than having it sit under a heat lamp (like most food at Kings Island does). Be glad they were taking the time to make you fresh food. It was also a large order so that could have taken some time, too.

Yelling at the employee was not appropriate and should not have been done.

How is putting some pre-made spaghetti and covering it with pre-made chili from scratch?

I think in the case from scratch means it has not been sitting already made and ready to put on the counter the instant it is ordered. Whereas prepared means that it has been sitting on a counter (hopefully under a heat lamp if it is supposed to be hot).

Hmm...think of it this way...

You order a Coke. Do you want a Coke that is pulled from the fountain when you order it (ie made from scratch), or do you want that Coke that was pre-poured a while ago that has been sitting around waiting for someone to order a Coke?

I think in the case from scratch means it has not been sitting already made and ready to put on the counter the instant it is ordered. Whereas prepared means that it has been sitting on a counter (hopefully under a heat lamp if it is supposed to be hot).

You order a Coke. Do you want a Coke that is pulled from the fountain when you order it (ie made from scratch), or do you want that Coke that was pre-poured a while ago that has been sitting around waiting for someone to order a Coke?

I guess when you are able to watch how slow this guy was moving when people were waiting for food, it really rubs you the wrong way.

He had NO sense of urgency!! I have been going to Skyline for a number of years and I have never had a problem with how quick I received my order. Skyline is my first choice on going to for lunch when I need to get in and out for lunch and I am rarely disappointed.

This post is NOT to pick on KI workers but when I spend over $24.00 for lunch for six coneys and a 3 way, I expect to get it in a reasonable time.

...Ok...? Was there really a need to quadruple post? There is such thing as a "multiquote button". You might want to use that.

Was there really a need to quote khaoskat three times within your post? I think we know which post you were referring to after the 1 quote.

I was able to watch the guy making the coneys and 3 ways and he was barely moving!!

If you think waiting 12 minutes to get your food AFTER you placed your order is the norm then I have nothing to say.

It is not that hard to put a scoop of spaghetti in a bowl and top it off with chili and cheese.

You can ask anyone on here, and they'll tell you I like to err on the side of fairness when people overwhelmingly disagree with one person (i.e. you) on here. Given the fact that you're repeatedly going on and on about how you didn't get your food exactly when you would have liked it, I'm going to make an exception.

I'm not saying that the worker couldn't have moved faster. I'd be denying the fact that I've encountered several (though it's increasingly far from the majority) bitter food employees at the park in the past few years.

But based on your attitude, I'm more than willing to guess that, if the employee had been in the hurry you'd liked, the precision with which he made your food would have suffered. That's just how it goes, because I'm here to let you know from experience (as clearly you have none) that it's difficult to make good-looking food fast. That's the nature of the materials you're given when you work in food service. There are people who can do that, but they're in a very small minority.

And you would be here, complaining just as loudly that you paid a whole $24 for a bunch of Skyline food that looked like some teenage punk had haphazardly slapped it together because he was in too much of a hurry to get his paycheck.

Believe it or not, there might actually have been more to your situation than met your eyes. Please stop being rude.

• Like 2

He also could have had a couple more orders ahead of his and his would had been completed after the other guests coneys were ready. Now what if Skyline would had orders waiting under a heat lamp until an order was received? Then would he had complained about the spaghetti being soggy even though his order would had been given to him much faster?

Dude - you had a bad experience at a restaurant, they refunded your money - be happy with that and move on.

In all seriousness, it looks like your order might have gotten lost as it rarely takes 10 minutes to get Skyline from my experience (park or outside), but after you alerted them to the problem, they were making it (but after waiting ten minutes - the normal two more seems really slow) before you asked for your money back.

Are there times I wish the workers (ride ops, food stand) moved faster - yes. Are there some that should be coached better by supervisors/leaders - absolutely. What is the best way to help make that happen: pout, stomp your feet, whine on KIC, and demand a refund, OR share balanced feedback (kudos for good service and input where help needed) with GR or managers/supervisors.

• Like 3

Maybe the poor person making the order had developed a nasty headache and was not able to go home. Maybe their back was killing them and moving fast was just not possible due to the pain.

While I generally agree, waiting long period of time in the park is not what I want, but we do not always know the circumstances going on. I was upset I couldn't get anything to drink the night we redeemed our wrist band, but didn't take it out on the employees. I was waiting behind 2 or 3 people and it was taking 15-20 mins. Nor did I complain to management about it, it was a slow night so they had closed down a lot of stuff.

On the other hand, we had good service at the Buffet, the only thing I made a suggest to guest services on was that they needed smaller lidded cups for younger children, as my son had spilled his entire drink trying to drink out of an "adult" cup from there. But the waitress was awesome about it, and they got it cleaned up right away.

• Like 1