FUN facts

diamondhawk

Okay, I have an obsession with learning useless facts about rides at Kings Island. Like how Diamondback was originally planned to have a 90 degree splashdown, but it was changed to a 65 degree so it wouldn't get the back of the train soaked. So, what is the most interesting, weird, crazy, or useless fun fact about KI rides you can come up with? :)

• Like 5

Originally Soak City was Boomerang Bay, and before then it was WaterWorks. The Haunt was originally called "FearFest". Theres random bits of items around The Beast brake area. My favorite ride is The Beast... Need more?

• Like 3

From the mid 1990s until the 2005 season, White Water Canyon let guests pay to shoot water cannons identical to those controlled by the operators in the towers. They took more practice than the current colored geysers, but there was a lot more soaking potential.

The same guideline still holds true: never beg a tower operator or geyser-manning guest to stay dry on this ride, unless you want to be completely and utterly drenched. (Or unless someone else in your boat really wants to stay dry, and you're feeling mean.)

By the way, is only one tower operating now? I only saw one operate on my only ride on WWC this season, so I can't say with any certainty.

• Like 2

Invertigo is directly in front of pet care and I have timed how long the ride starts from when it reaches the top of the lift hill until it completes its cycle and returns to the top of the lift hill. It lasts 45 seconds, not counting the time to load and go up and down to the station.

One would think that I look like Mic Dundee, but I am not. One may also think a person that is talking about the past and was asked if he is BB1 of the Kings Island Central website would also be BB1, well that is BB1. There is a fog that hangs where the river passes by at KI.

Hey bb1 was that you about two weeks ago who told me it was the gel coat that I was seeing In the splash down pool of Thunder falls?

No, I never said, nor have ever thought about doing such things.

I met a gentleman while in line for a slide on Paradise plunge who was very informed about a lot of things going on at the water park. I thought "I bet he is a forum member" but I never ask him..

He may have been, or he may be a "lingerer" (Lurker is actually the term I was looking for, thanks Thrill!) a person that goes onto forums, but is not a member or posts.

Terp, who always thought Lost In Space more philosophical, more deep, more instructive and more fun than Star Trek. Seriously. And Dr. Smith far more real than Dr. Spock.

Dr. Spock was real. Mr. Spock, however, is a fictional creation of Gene Roddenberry.

Unless, of course, you are extremely philosophically opposed with Dr. Spock's views on parenting. Then you may continue to believe in his nonexistence. ;)

• Like 2

Okay, I have an obsession with learning useless facts about rides at Kings Island. Like how Diamondback was originally planned to have a 90 degree splashdown, but it was changed to a 65 degree so it wouldn't get the back of the train soaked. So, what is the most interesting, weird, crazy, or useless fun fact about KI rides you can come up with? :)

Have you ever checked out KIC's history fact page? There is alot of useless, but cool facts there! http://www.KICentral...story/facts.php :D

One of my favorites!: Two of the guys who started Kings Island were at a convention in Chicago and they found out that John Allen was there. They asked him to design The Racer for their new park, and he declined saying that he was retired, so they kept buying him drinks until he finally caved in.

• Like 4

• 3 years later...