Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Well guys I just left the park but i didn't take my phone this time because I knew I was going to ride Firehawk. There is a lot of new concrete work going in that you can see through the gate. I also saw a ton of surveyor stakes on the hill leading away from where the go cart track was. So hopefully soon we will see some footers in this area. Also on the service road behind Great wolf lodge there was a bunch of construction vehicles and portolets set up like they are getting ready to have a larger amount of construction going on. Now Great wolf lodge is getting a new roof put on so this could have been for them but it would be a considerable walk and I think it's Kings Islands property..

Does anyone still believe this might not be a coaster? Because this certainly is one. I feel like some posters are superstitiously acting naive about it so not to "jynx it".

Well guys I just left the park but i didn't take my phone this time because I knew I was going to ride Firehawk. There is a lot of new concrete work going in that you can see through the gate. I also saw a ton of surveyor stakes on the hill leading away from where the go cart track was. So hopefully soon we will see some footers in this area. Also on the service road behind Great wolf lodge there was a bunch of construction vehicles and portolets set up like they are getting ready to have a larger amount of construction going on. Now Great wolf lodge is getting a new roof put on so this could have been for them but it would be a considerable walk and I think it's Kings Islands property..

Does anyone still believe this might not be a coaster? Because this certainly is one. I feel like some posters are superstitiously acting naive about it so not to "jynx it".

It's a coaster.

• Like 1

The build-up, the anticipation, the thrills of watching as whatever it is is revealed over time.

Savor.

And remember.

This is the future's rosy past.

Love the hints.

- just sayin'

Which were Action Zone's colors, see also Son of Beast entry, Action Zone restrooms, etc.

And Faceoff/Invertigo's original colors and are Delirium's colors, as well as being present on Drop Tower. But I suppose your "etc" probably covered that.

• Like 2

^

I agree- Leviathan is going along great, you're having an awesome ride...then it ends abruptly with that brake run when it can clearly go a few thousand more feet easily. Alas, the fact there is an old Arrow Looping coaster in the way may have been part of this...Kings Island, you do not have this limitation, so do not do this! If it is 7,000+ feet or longer, so be it! As I stated earlier in this thread, too, a twister-style layout would also be welcome in my eyes...and, seeing how the land is cleared, it may be such a layout, or at least feature some twister elements...like a giant helix with good laterals. (Oh, the irony if the ride does have a giant helix, given those where a main feature of the ride it is replacing...) And, if early reviews of Gatekeeper are to be trusted, B&M may have found their "make forceful" button at last...which I also hope makes it in this ride if it is a giga, which would basically create this duo:

Diamondback

-B&M "Hyper" Mega Coaster

-230' tall, 215' drop, 80mph

-Emphasis on Airtime

-Weak-ish forces besides airtime so the GP can enjoy it easily

-Stadium Style Seating, 8 cars per train, 3 trains

-Splashdown Finale

-Out and Back Layout

-No Tunnels

Rumored Giga "Banshee"

-B&M "Giga" Mega Coaster

-308' tall, 300' drop, 93mph (McSalsa's estimates, not real stats. :P )

-Good airtime, but greater emphasis on other forces like positive-gs and laterals as well, as well as a few high-speed low-to-the-ground sections

-More forceful, still not to the point the GP will hate it, but enough to make the ride clearly feel more intense and aggressive than Diamondback

-Classic 4-across seating, 9 (or maybe even 10!) cars per train, 3 trains

-No Splashdown Finale (not really even needed, seeing where the brake run will probably be, it would hardly even be visible anyway!)

-Twister Layout

-Possible Tunnels (w/ Fog effects for extra night ride bonus? :wub: )

^This is kind of what I'm pulling for, if it is a giga coaster...it lets Diamondback have a purpose (GP-friendly B&M Mega Coaster) and at the same time adds a monster ride that enthusiasts can enjoy (but the GP still can too) all while boosting Flight Deck, Drop Tower, & Delirium ridership in a manner similar to what Firehawk did for Flight of Fear.

Oh, and another idea...I see the area where the water tower once was becoming a huge plaza with the ride's logo and shops around it, as well as Drop Tower, Congo Falls, and Delirium...similar to Leviathan and Gatekeeper. (Matt Ouimet did say he loves this idea of huge plazas for large new coasters)...in fact, I'd say this part will probably happen no matter what type of ride this is...

Wow, I respond to a comment on Leviathan's brake run like this? Man, new coasters make my imagination run wild... ^_^

I love how Banshee is the rumored name. They already made that mistake once. :)

• Like 1

You know, the legend is that the scream of a Banshee signifies the death of a family member. Well, we recently witnessed the death of a member in the only coaster "family" at Kings Island. Furthermore, if this is a coaster, and is B&M, then it will surely have the trademark B&M "roar", as well as screaming riders.

Boom. Potential Banshee name justified.

• Like 16

You know, the legend is that the scream of a Banshee signifies the death of a family member. Well, we recently witnessed the death of a member in the only coaster "family" at Kings Island. Furthermore, if this is a coaster, and is B&M, then it will surely have the trademark B&M "roar", as well as screaming riders.

They'd be beyond foolish to ruffle those feathers again. I'm not saying that the name's legitimately offensive, but they clearly had one heck of a backlash last time they tried to use it.

For those of you following along at home:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_(roller_coaster)

They'd be beyond foolish to ruffle those feathers again. I'm not saying that the name's legitimately offensive, but they clearly had one heck of a backlash last time they tried to use it.

For those of you following along at home:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_(roller_coaster)

Yes, you may think it would be beyond foolish, but, It looks like they might be trying to ruffle those feathers again....According to the trademarked name by Cedar Fair L.P, Banshee...

http://www.trademarkia.com/Banshee-85913369.html

• Like 1

I heard many people last night wondering what's going on back there in Action Zone. Whatever it will be is going to be HUGE!

Wonder how long it will be for Channel 5 to get their hands on what Kings Island is cooking, similar to what they did with Diamondback?

• Like 3