Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Gingerkid, 100 dollars says you still read the forum! Nobody quits and posts it! I post I'm done all the time and come back! Don't stop posting, your very much liked! This is coming from the idiot here! I actually like your posts, only reason I'm telling you to stay!

• Like 3

100 dollars says you still read the forum! Nobody quits and posts it! I post I'm done all the time and come back! Don't stop posting, your very much liked! This is coming from the idiot here! I actually like your posts, only reason I'm telling you to stay!

Are you talking to me?
No, you jumped my post!

It took ki 27 years to get a steel coaster from a major player (arrow dynamics does not count). Other paramount parks recieved b&m, intamin, & s&s' s. Ki is due for expansion of QUALITY rides.

Ohhhhhhh. That must be why when I first saw Vortex in 1987, all I could say was "That's an incredible roller coaster! " I just stood there and stared at it in amazement. At the time it was built, it was the tallest full-circuit steel roller coaster in the world...with the highest drop for a steel coaster, and it was the first roller coaster to have six inversions.

Silly me. I didn't realize it was such an inferior, puny POS.

• Like 9

I`m surprised no one has mentioned it yet...

I too have a feel for the layout.

P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg

Okay, for the idiot among us (referring to myself), can someone point out what the layout is - or draw a diagram. I don't see it.

Please?

So you want them to draw you a picture?

Yep, yep, uh huh...that would be great!

• Like 4

I went to the park yesterday afternoon, There are two triangle shaped footers back there and the CAT vehicle you see behind slingshot in a different spot now (guessing it drives the steel down into the ground or has some sort of auger, dunno, not relevant honestly. Also use Top Gun to get a look from the backside, the quick second you get to go over in that area does show you a different view of everything that's quite different to see from that angle. Now I will say though, that drop into that area and the nearby terrain will make for something quite exciting if this is indeed used.

Cedar Fair's last several projects all leaked out before their respective announcements. Details were known beforehand. Whether this was deliberate or accidental is not known with certainty.

Different mangt right? I would guess that what is released is released on purpose... sort of like a viral coaster campaign?

So let's just state the facts.

-Dive post was a true Diversion

-Triangular footers

-Banshee trademark

-Troll trolled

-Gingy left

-BB1 has yet to look at the place in question in person.

-A track area seems to stand out, with our imaginations.

-This topic may reach SOB critical mass in a matter of hours...

• Like 3

So let's just state the facts.

-Dive post was a true Diversion

-Triangular footers

-Banshee trademark

-Troll trolled

-Gingy left

-BB1 has yet to look at the place in question in person.

-A track area seems to stand out, with our imaginations.

You forgot bone chilling screams

(most of which come from reading outlandish posts to this topic!)

• Like 6

We are not close to that stage yet.

Yet....... :)

The SoB topics are so numerous over many years & have so much imagination in their contents, it would be of epic proportions to reach an "SoB topic status".

I have felt for many years that the KIC community would not be where it's at without SoB to discuss.

• Like 5

We are not close to that stage yet.

Yet....... :)

The SoB topics are so numerous over many years & have so much imagination in their contents, it would be of epic proportions to reach an "SoB topic status".

I have felt for many years that the KIC community would not be where it's at without SoB to discuss.

ThrillNetwork used to have lots of posts each day - now it's down to a trickle. Reason = everyone's here! (and we're all a bunch of SOB's - if you know what I mean

• Like 1

P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg

Well.... This will be my first post ever on here so hopefully I don't get attacked! With that said, I have a feeling that the old SOB station might be used. The 'led to believe' transfer station seems to point in that direction. It would make sense to have the new coaster start out of the right side of the building and turn to the right to have the lift heading towards Delirium. Some might think that it might fly over the midway due to the removal of the water tower but with Xtreme Skyflyer and Delirium on both sides it would make a narrow corridor for the coaster which would narrow the midway as well.

With Ouimet saying that his team is going to carry out aspects they learned from Gatekeeper into future development, I agree that I can see the lift and drop interacting with the midway. Also I can see the back of Delirium getting paved so that traffic can be directed all around it (kinda like MaxAir midway). I hope to god this is an inverted B&M or even a Floorless!!!! A Giga would be good in the long run but its not my top pick for 2014.

Guest KingsIslandPR

P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg

Well.... This will be my first post ever on here so hopefully I don't get attacked! With that said, I have a feeling that the old SOB station might be used.

The former SOB station will be used for a Haunt attraction this year and beyond.

• Like 26

I too have a feel for the layout.P1010687_zps67f8056e.jpg

Well.... This will be my first post ever on here so hopefully I don't get attacked! With that said, I have a feeling that the old SOB station might be used. The 'led to believe' transfer station seems to point in that direction. It would make sense to have the new coaster start out of the right side of the building and turn to the right to have the lift heading towards Delirium. Some might think that it might fly over the midway due to the removal of the water tower but with Xtreme Skyflyer and Delirium on both sides it would make a narrow corridor for the coaster which would narrow the midway as well.

With Ouimet saying that his team is going to carry out aspects they learned from Gatekeeper into future development, I agree that I can see the lift and drop interacting with the midway. Also I can see the back of Delirium getting paved so that traffic can be directed all around it (kinda like MaxAir midway). I hope to god this is an inverted B&M or even a Floorless!!!! A Giga would be good in the long run but its not my top pick for 2014.

Why would we attack you? We are a peaceful people! Welcome to KIC

Assuming Don has seen the layout of this thing and knows most (if not all) of the details, its gotta be fun sitting back and reading thru this thing. I find it interesting that he popped up to confirm, once again, that SOB station will be used for a haunt attraction (and indirectly stating again that it won't be used for this ride) but hasn't perked up on much else. I wonder how many times he's been tempted to tickle his keyboard, tossing aside another WAG, or clueing in when someone might have hit a chord. FUN, FUN, FUN times for him I'm sure, but I'm sure its equally fustrating at times not being able to give too much away until the proper time.

• Like 4

Here is a very crude rendition of what I know is taking form just from the footer locations. Mark it dude!

qUTQj2J.jpg

Whoa! I know what it's going to be now. There's going to be a zip line from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the station of the new coaster! m0517.gif

No?

Well, it was worth a guess.

• Like 2

Here is a very crude rendition of what I know is taking form just from the footer locations. Mark it dude!

qUTQj2J.jpg

Whoa! I know what it's going to be now. There's going to be a zip line from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the station of the new coaster! m0517.gif

No?

Well, it was worth a guess.

Whoa, how do you get that kind of emoticon?