Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

You know lately I have been researching Banshees because I wasn't exactly sure what a Banshee was and now that I've come to realize what it is, they are actually VERY SPOOKY. Now I know why they never ended up naming Mantis "Banshee"...

EDIT: It's actually Google images that has freaked me out the most when it comes to looking up Banshees. :unsure:

Personally, I'm really hoping they don't name the new coaster Banshee. I just think it's too evil and creepy. "The Beast", while not exactly conjuring up dreams of sugar plum fairies, is nevertheless somewhat neutral. A beast can be something huge, or a wild animal, but I've never really thought of it as something particularly "freaky" or "evil".

Ok, since I'm new here I'm not really sure who is who. Does Terp work for KI? And does he know what the new coaster is?

Terp is just a regular person. He's smarter than the average bear, so people think he's God or something so people think he can predict the future, know what ride comes in 2014, decipher certain messages, etc. He's pretty cool. Get to know him. But don't bow down to him assume he's affiliated with the park or with a higher power or 100% factual knowledge. ;)

Oh crap, this is my 1,111 post! at 11:11 PM. Terp had nothing to do with this. This changes nothing. Nothing, I say~!

• Like 10

Personally, I'm really hoping they don't name the new coaster Banshee. I just think it's too evil and creepy. "The Beast", while not exactly conjuring up dreams of sugar plum fairies, is nevertheless somewhat neutral. A beast can be something huge, or a wild animal, but I've never really thought of it as something particularly "freaky" or "evil".

What's wrong with evil and creepy?

• Like 6

True, but to some folks, The Beast is the Devil.....666 and all that. If I remember correctly, there were boards with catch phrases on The Beast queue line loading platform such as " all is for The Beast" that disappeared a couple of seasons later. Can anyone remember any of the other catch phrases?

What's wrong with evil and creepy?

What's right with evil and creepy?

True, but to some folks, The Beast is the Devil.....666 and all that. If I remember correctly, there were boards with catch phrases on The Beast queue line loading platform such as " all is for The Beast" that disappeared a couple of seasons later. Can anyone remember any of the other catch phrases?

True, and I was going to mention that, but I didn't feel it was necessary to make my point - which was that a beast is not always something that can be thought of as necessarily evil. It can often simply refer to a wild animal...which is the intended meaning for The Beast. The name of the coaster was never meant to refer to the antichrist.

Kings Island is not a sports arena. Never has, never will.

In other words, I seriously doubt it.

Dont forget the new sand volleyball courts in Soak City. I believe they had rec leagues last year.
You can't even compare a sand volleyball pit to a baseball field. What is Kings Island going to do, form a baseball league?

I hope you all sleep well tonight

9CDDD4FD-0CBA-455B-9313-0A701AE7C081-465

That was the picture that spooked me out the most. I didn't fall asleep until like 2AM that night because I was so afraid of closing my eyes thinking the next time I open them that thing would be floating in my bedroom.

But don't worry, I'm over it now. :lol:

• Like 4

Looks like I'll go to Screamscape for Kings Island decent updates. Thanks guys!

Screamscape is not a dependable source for updates and new's, It seems that they update based on what is put here.......FYI the only update is that there are more footers, we wont know who the coaster is being made by till track starts arriving and we wont know what type of ride most likely until the announcement is made in august sometime.

So if I'm guessing at this correctly, 5 (or has it been 6 now) years ago, terpy imparted the words "night row" which may have been an illusion towards Nitro at one of the places that like to count flags, and seems kind of similar to Diamondback (at least on POV, I've never been there). Now perhaps he's doing the same thing, pointing us towards another Nitro, this time a B&M floorless being built in India?

If that is the direction they're going, and based upon the POV simulation of that ride, sounds like a great addition to me. Then again, if I'm interperting the interpertation wrong, then carry on your way, I assume all will be revealed in august.

"Ride Sally Ride"

"Run for the Hills"

"Steep Incline ahead"

"Slippery when wet"

These all were teasers for Diamondback that i can remember in 2008

"Evil Phenomenon"

"Bone Chilling Screams"

Cedar Fair Trademarks the name 'Banshee'

Triangular footers/Parallel Rectangular footers (Invert)??

No Camping

Mr. O comments about KI 2014

Clues so far for Project 2014. Just trying to figure this project out because there are not a lot of signs like for DB. Yes i know a lot of you are probably saying just wait till August, but this is some exciting stuff!

"Ride Sally Ride"

"Run for the Hills"

"Steep Incline ahead"

"Slippery when wet"

These all were teasers for Diamondback that i can remember in 2008

"Evil Phenomenon"

"Bone Chilling Screams"

Cedar Fair Trademarks the name 'Banshee'

Triangular footers/Parallel Rectangular footers (Invert)??

No Camping

Mr. O comments about KI 2014

Clues so far for Project 2014. Just trying to figure this project out because there are not a lot of signs like for DB. Yes i know a lot of you are probably saying just wait till August, but this is some exciting stuff!

It's a new merry-go-round - with dinosaur figures that make terrifyingly loud noises as they go up and down. The stationary seats are in the shape of tents.

You just never know!

• Like 3