Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

YES!!! I finally caught up! Remember don't go bashing peoples speculation. We don't know that it is 100% invert yet and it hasn't been announced offically yet. MY point is all speculation is great unless proven otherwise or the park announces what it is.

Off topic. Sorry I haven't been on here for like 4 days. I just got my Zelda game and have been hooked onto it. As they say on the gravestones"The quiet ones are guilty."

• Like 1

If it had anything to do with a bat it would be very strange.

It would not be original seeing that one Cedar Fair park already has a coaster named "The Bat". And it would also kinda mock Son of Beast because they would be putting a sequel ride ontop of where a defunct sequel once stood. On the other hand, it would be awesome for KI to bring back "The Bat" concept in a new form.

This is what I get when I'm on the site

"404 ERROR - PAGE NOT FOUND

After it spawned about 2 pages of "decoding", they took it down. They were apparently poking fun at Cedar Point's error from last year, (mis)leading enthusiasts in the process.

The height of 199ft on the fake "2014" page would make me guess that the actual ride is over 200ft, for the simple reason that managing expectations is a critical part of PR. You want to under-promise and over-deliver.

Not that I'd trust this department to adhere to any "rules" of PR when messing with enthusiasts.

• Like 4

The biggest potential problem with renaming Flight Deck to The Bat (something that I think would be awesome) is how much shelf life does Flight Deck have? The rumors of its demise have been around for awhile now, at least 5 years, the park says it has no plans to remove Flight Deck, yet at the same time, suspended arrows are going the way of the dodo bird. If they were to rename flight deck The Bat, I certainly hope that means there is a planned effort to keep the ride going another 20 seasons (which would be great IMHO, no matter if it was renamed/themed or not) as you don't want to remove a ride called The Bat after another short lifespan.

To expand upon that idea, turning Action Zone into amusment dark, renaming flight deck to The Bat, they could take SOB's station and turn into a regular Haunt attraction available all season long (perhaps just in the evenings), add another season long haunt (actually they could fit a couple) in timberwolf. Perhaps turn the whole area into a haunt style setup in the evenings, scare actors walking around, etc... Biggest draw back is that it would limit that part of the park, potentially to families with small kids, but it could be a huge hit. Not sure if a haunt type setup would be popular enough to hold everyone's attention over the course of a whole season vs the limited amount of weekends we see it in the fall.

• Like 4

Love The Bat thought, for flight deck, if the park was going to keep it going its great thought.

Could the park add another gate for great wolf lodge and possibly a small camp ground?

Finally a nice dark ride like phantoms revenge would rock, not to scary for kids, and to go with the possible and hopeful new re-themed part of the park.

I learned how to make a logo similar to "The Bat" in Grade 10 Communications Technology with Illustrator......it took about 30 minutes to make and was pretty easy....for a person working at KI, I wouldn't be suprised if it took them 10 minutes.

Newbie again...can someone tell me what "CSF" is?

Clearmont Steel Fabricators....the place that manufactures most of B&M's roller coasters.

Some of you don't understand PR/marketing. I truly do not think Don is tweeting to directly throw off KIC members. Not at all. You must understand, he's tweeting to everybody...casual fans and park guest, other parks management (I'm sure they're excited as well), news/media outlets, enthusiasts and the like...It's not just for KIC. Good marketing covers all your bases.

So, with that conclusion...I believe Don is being very CLEAR in his post. This is without a doubt a wing coaster. The point of hinting "wing it" in a tweet should be extremely obvious to enthusiasts and KIC members...but the general public may not "get it". Any tease/hint worth doing must be able to be solved by the general public. I believe that's who it's intended for. I highly doubt the park is even thinking of KIC at the moment when it comes to teases, marketing, etc. etc.

Marketing 101 people...the casual shopper pays the bills, market accordingly.

The only questions left answering should be the name of the ride, the colors, the specs, the layout, the records it will break, etc. But this is a wing coaster, Don has made that clear.

-T. Forsaken

Really...a Wing Coaster? That means something isn't right with the blueprints...

Right. A wing coaster. Did you consider that the blueprints are false? They also do match up with some footers on Gatekeeper, as far as size and spacing are concerned.

-T. Forsaken

Dual footers do NOT say wing coaster.

Footers do not say anything, they can not talk. :P

• Like 14

Take the dummy website. Replace every instance of "wing" with "inverted"

Almost everything it says is still plausible. Seems to me like a good way to test your page without revealing anything. I think the Wing coaster was used BECAUSE of what Dennis Spiegel (is that his name?) theorized in the news report. Since that report, the GP expects a wing coaster. Reinforcing their incorrect assumption would be a good way to surprise them even more than they would already have been.

Cedar Fair isn't dumb. They wouldn't leak the website three days early twice.

• Like 1

I found this in an old article through Google. I thought it was interesting:

"We often will have teaser announcements that we'll make. We'll just put little hints on the website," Zelm says. "Sometimes they're clues that may throw people off and we did play around with that with Gatekeeper. We did throw out some clues there that basically led them to nowhere. But we just have fun with it and we hope that our guests have fun with it, too, because that's really what we want. We want to just keep driving the excitement and getting them thinking about the future."

• Like 13

"We often will have teaser announcements that we'll make. We'll just put little hints on the website," Zelm says. "Sometimes they're clues that may throw people off and we did play around with that with Gatekeeper. We did throw out some clues there that basically led them to nowhere. But we just have fun with it and we hope that our guests have fun with it, too, because that's really what we want. We want to just keep driving the excitement and getting them thinking about the future."

I think the "leaked" web site would have been far more convincing if it came out about two weeks before it did. By yesteray, most people had already made their convictions.

• Like 6

I think the "leaked" web site would have been far more convincing if it came out about two weeks before it did. By yesteray, most people had already made their convictions.

I was thinking about the whole Banshee thing though.

I learned how to make a logo similar to "The Bat" in Grade 10 Communications Technology with Illustrator......it took about 30 minutes to make and was pretty easy....for a person working at KI, I wouldn't be suprised if it took them 10 minutes.

Newbie again...can someone tell me what "CSF" is?

Clearmont Steel Fabricators....the place that manufactures most of B&M's roller coasters.

Some of you don't understand PR/marketing. I truly do not think Don is tweeting to directly throw off KIC members. Not at all. You must understand, he's tweeting to everybody...casual fans and park guest, other parks management (I'm sure they're excited as well), news/media outlets, enthusiasts and the like...It's not just for KIC. Good marketing covers all your bases.

So, with that conclusion...I believe Don is being very CLEAR in his post. This is without a doubt a wing coaster. The point of hinting "wing it" in a tweet should be extremely obvious to enthusiasts and KIC members...but the general public may not "get it". Any tease/hint worth doing must be able to be solved by the general public. I believe that's who it's intended for. I highly doubt the park is even thinking of KIC at the moment when it comes to teases, marketing, etc. etc.

Marketing 101 people...the casual shopper pays the bills, market accordingly.

The only questions left answering should be the name of the ride, the colors, the specs, the layout, the records it will break, etc. But this is a wing coaster, Don has made that clear.

-T. Forsaken

Really...a Wing Coaster? That means something isn't right with the blueprints...

Right. A wing coaster. Did you consider that the blueprints are false? They also do match up with some footers on Gatekeeper, as far as size and spacing are concerned.

-T. Forsaken

Dual footers do NOT say wing coaster.

Footers do not say anything, they can not talk. :P

Fell right into that one, lol! :P

• Like 1