Problems

Not sure if there is anything you can do about it, but when using Tapatalk, I can see the namrs of forums that I shouldn't be able to. I cannot see any topics or content inside them but they appear in the list of boards. Namely, "Offseason Blues" and "Staff Backroom".

Not a huge thing because they are not actually accessible, just a minor annoyance that inaccessible forums appear in the list.

• Like 3

I get that too, along with a "Storage" forum. This is a new issue as of today, as they were not showing a couple days ago. I have seen "Offseason Blues" on one occasion in the past (but likewise, could not view anything inside), but the other two are new (to me).

Looking into it. I removed/reinstalled Tapatalk the other day and the option to hide categories has since disappeared so still working in it. Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

There seems to be a glitch with notifications in regards to Tapatalk as well. Today I keep getting push notifications but when I go into Tapatalk and try to view notifications for this forum it just says there aren't any.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I should make a new topic for this or post it here... It's not exactly a site problem.

I can't remember my account's password. I'm logged into my work computer continuously cause this is where I made the account, but I need to figure out the password so I can log into my home computer. If I log out, is there a forgot password function? I don't want to risk losing my account.

If you're using Chrome or Firefox you can actually go in and view the password that it's saved for that username.

Firefox: Go to the menu and click "Preferences", then click "Security" and "Saved Passwords...". Type "kic" in the search box, then click the "Show Passwords" button and confirm that you really want to do that.

Chrome: Go to the menu and click "Settings" (or enter "chrome://settings" in the omnibar). Scroll down and click on "Show advanced settings". Look for the "Passwords and forms" section and click "Manage passwords". Type kic in the search box, click on the result, then click "show" next to the password.

Similar functionality may also exist in Internet Explorer, but I don't know as I rarely use that browser.

• Like 3

Yeah my work computer only has Internet Explorer, and I didn't save my password on here. X_X But thanks for the tip!

I'll probably just try the forgot password thing when I get home today.

• Like 3

About the outage today, I'm going to take the liberty of reposting the following from the KIC Facebook page, originally posted at 3:18 PM:

The Node our server is connected to had a RAID controller fail on it. The datacenter is working on replacing it currently. While we look for a new host. - Dane

So that's why the site was down all afternoon and evening.

• Like 6

Hid those forums in Tapatalk, and Steph88 PM me what you want your password to be and I can change it for you so you know what it is.

After the outage yesterday it logged me out. So I figured no time like the present to do the forgot password thing. All is well now, thanks!!!

And thanks for all you do to keep this site up and running!

• Like 3

I have no idea what you're referencing, but I laughed anyway. :P

Google is your friend :P

Raid, Flit and Black Flag are all brands of insecticide. "Quick Henry, the Flit!" was apparently a popular catchphrase that appeared in a series of ads for Flit created by a certain Theodore Seuss Giesel years before he became famous for his kids' books.

• Like 3

OK, I give up on this. I've been having an unusual problem over the past couple of months. I normally leave my browser logged in to KIC continuously. However, I've recently noticed that the system keeps automatically changing my login status from public to anonymous (meaning that users can no longer see what thread I'm reading, etc.). The only solution I have found thus far is to explicitly log out and log back in, which briefly fixes the issue, but it recurs again within just a few minutes. I just logged out and back in about five minutes ago, and got changed back to anonymous while I was typing this post. I have tried clearing cookies for KICentral.com, and that does not solve the problem. I've also noticed that the number of users logged in as anonymous at any given time seems to be higher than it used to be, so perhaps others are unknowingly experiencing this also? At any rate, I do not want to appear anonymous, so is there any other solution I could try, or is this something that needs fixed on the server end? If it helps, I'm on Firefox on Windows 8.1.

• Like 1

I've been running into that for a while now and I think it's a bug with Tapatalk. People reported that exact issue with Taptalk and IPB a couple years ago, and at the time it was due to how they handled notifications (periodically checking the forum for new content to notify you about rather than having the forum plugin ping their servers when there was new content - see https://support.tapatalk.com/threads/all-tapatalk-users-shown-as-anonymous.18081/ if you want the details). It was supposed to have been fixed in an older version, and the problem went away for a while, but it seems to have cropped up again around the time they merged the free and pro apps into a single app. I haven't seen any further complaints about it on their website though.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but both the Off Topic and Multimedia & Gaming boards are shown for guests even though guests can't access them (you get an error if you click on one of them when you're not logged in).

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but both the Off Topic and Multimedia & Gaming boards are shown for guests even though guests can't access them (you get an error if you click on one of them when you're not logged in).

That's been the case ever since I found KICentral in 2010. Thus, I assume it's intentional. :)
  • Like 1

• Dane locked this topic

Wow.... Extremely confused now.... How did I get back to this version of KICentral? And why are all the posts from June 15th and 16th.....

Strange....

Back to the future?....

My guess, something happened and Dane had to run a restore starting with the old version? Hope to hear an update from him soon!

• Like 4

The previous forum version, along with a database backup from last week, seems to have been restored. I use an add-on to back up text that I type into websites, so I reposted some of my recent posts.

The site still seems to be on the old server, so it's possible that there will be more post loss when Dane's announced server move happens.