Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

New idea...

[insert abominable pic here]

I couldn't think of any other way to expand than removing Adventure Express. But that opens up a lot of possibilities. This is to add on to my earlier image. And I apologize but I didn't even think to put flying eagles on there. Thoughts anyone?

Any new attraction that requires the removal of the finest mine train coaster in the WORLD is not an attraction I want. Seriously. There is literally NOTHING they could build that in my mind would justify the removal of Adventure Express.

Granted, I think the only coasters at KI that I'd be OK with losing for the sake of another attraction are Backlot Stunt Coaster, Invertigo, and Diamondback. And I'd ONLY be willing to lose Diamondback if we were somehow trading it for a Chance or Arrow hyper (hypothetical scenario. I realize Arrows aren't being built, obviously).

Thankfully, there is no need to remove anything for expansion's sake as KI has plenty of room.

• Like 16

Its a beautiful thing when pigs fly, but you do realize there is a huge elevation change in the areas you are propossing for that concourse?

X base does need some attention, the simplist long term thing (in my mind) is to do something w/ the maintence shed area and relocate the work done there to other areas in the park or find a way to hide it amongst a handful of flats (and a restroom) back there. If/when they get ride of Dino's Alive, they could use that area for a small coaster with lots of elevation changes.

However, my guess before any of that happens is something simple back in Planet Snooopy, the Flying Eagles would work great there, perhaps clear out snoopy junction and put the eagle there, if they're willing to sacrafice some of the picnic area, they'd probably have room to install another small kid friendly coaster as well back in that area. 6 flags ignored that KI calls Surf Dog a coaster and claims to have the most coasters in their kids area at one of their parks (I forget which one is getting an additional small coaster in their kids area). While KI would like to say they are (or will be) tied w/ KI's coaster count (4) in their kids area, why not remove all doubt and put in a small launching coaster, kind of like firechaser express? That area could use a few more things for the in between crowd (ie b/w 42" and 48" where you can get on The Beast, Vortex, Racer, etc...)

The next big coaster addition along the lines of Banshee likely won't happen for another 4-5 seasons. CW got theirs 2 years ago, Cedar Pointe got theirs last season, KI is on the docket this season with Banshee, Carrowinds is presumed to get one next season (Centurian) then Kings Dominion will be due, then back to CW and the cycle will repeat.

I agree X-Base needs attention and I could see it getting some next year. They just did Planet Snoopy recently so that area doenst' need much work yet. An X-Base upgrade could be fairly cheap too. As other s have said some restrooms are greatly needed there. And then add a flat ride or two to give some more there and you have a great section on it's own. It's got two great coasters but add just a little bit and it will really fill out into a full section. Then there is room to expand it in later years with more attractions as well.

• Like 7

^You'd be fine with getting rid of Diamondback if it's replaced with an Arrow?

:blink:

Absolutely. Without second thoughts of any kind. As a rule, I LOVE B&M coasters. Every rule has exceptions, though, and in this case, it's their hypers. B&M hypercoasters are in my opinion THE most overrated coasters ever built. On the other hand, Magnum XL-200 and Phantom's Revenge (An Arrow and a D.H. Morgan, respectively) are hands-down my absolute favorite non-inverting steel coasters of all time. My third favorite in that category (which can be either The Bat or Adventure Express depending on my mood) is not even remotely in the same league as those two.

Yes, I know Phantom's Revenge is not technically a hypercoaster, and I specified Chance while Phantom's Revenge is a D.H. Morgan (with some Arrow parts). But since Chance acquired Morgan and still builds coasters in a similar style, I went ahead and just put Chance as my alternative.

• Like 7

The layout of Phantom's Revenge is largely the same as Steel Phantom, and a great ride it is (now).

Morgan hypers are, in my opinion, greatly underrated. For several years, Steel Force (when running one or two trains) was my favorite steel coaster. Just as years before, Magnum XL-200 had been.

• Like 8

The Racer needs retracking? Really?

Repainting Racer would be a very expensive proposition. It's even possible that circumstances could lead to wood replacement (and virtual coaster replacement) instead. See Thunder Road.

Or...much more sadly...Rolling Thunder.

parts of The Racer needs retracking, its almost like strapping a jack hammer to your back and sitting on concrete at some points. Repainting the ride will be a bit more expensive because your painting 2 coasters and all of the support structures. The fact that its paint is probably its original coating is now showing its age the new coat of paint will last you another 35+ years.. Flight deck didnt even last a decade and is getting a new coat of paint.

Knott's Berry Farm?

Dorney Park?

Worlds of Fun?

Obviously you are more up on this than I am, but my viewpoint (perhaps incorrectly) from reading the tea leaves is that Cedar Fair will treat its 5 biggest parts on a 5 year cycle, 1 big ride each over that 5 year park. Knotts is in a different catagory as it open year round (or perhaps close to it, I'm not sure if they shut down for maintance or not) while the others are smaller revenue generators and will see "major" coaster installations on a less frequent basis than the main 5.

could be wrong, I'd be happy to hear other thoughts on how they'll spread their development around, obviously return on investment is the primary objective.

• Like 3

I am still calling our next big attraction to be a flat ride, located in that great big box of shiny metal we have over in Rivertown.

more than likely we will end up with something like Canada's wonderlands guardian, put in that shiny metal box
  • Like 1

I am still calling our next big attraction to be a flat ride, located in that great big box of shiny metal we have over in Rivertown.

more than likely we will end up with something like Canada's wonderlands guardian, put in that shiny metal box

We could get something like that, but I almost would put something like that over in the action theater. I am not sure how much business it does with the Dino's, but I would think they could make better use of that building. Just my personal opinion though. I think the big shiny box has bigger plans.

Knotts is in a different catagory as it open year round (or perhaps close to it, I'm not sure if they shut down for maintance or not)

Knotts is fully year-round; I believe they only close on Christmas Day. During off-peak portions of the year, individual rides are briefly shut down on a rotating basis for annual maintenance, while the rest of the park remains open.

• Like 1

We could get something like that, but I almost would put something like that over in the action theater. I am not sure how much business it does with the Dino's, but I would think they could make better use of that building. Just my personal opinion though. I think the big shiny box has bigger plans.

I think there would be lots more space for it over by the action theater as well. That is a decent size building and has lots of room in that area to expand it if needed. The Crypt's building really isn't all that big.

• Like 1

When we get another big coaster in say, 5 years, I'd like to see Invertigo take home at a smaller Cedar Fair Park, and in its place put a ride that interacts with the entrance, similar to Gatekeeper.

• Like 1

How about a ground hugging, high speed, Intamin launch coaster, with a couple of inversion, and great theming. And to throw a little twist in there, make it a Winged Intamin coaster, similar to Furious Baco at Port Aventura in Spain!

• Like 1