Kings Island 2014 Discussion Thread

Nick_Plummer

I got the email despite having been to KI a day or two earlier.

Tip of the day: When eating at Chicken Shack, do NOT dip the bread in the house sauce. It took several ounces of pop to wash that horrible taste out of my mouth. Use the house sauce for the chicken as it was designed.

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

• Like 2

Question....

If I buy my daughter an admission ticket at the front gate the morning of our visit using my gold pass discount will she be able to enter ERT with me at 9:30?

I called the park already and the lady said yes....but this was after explaining to her what is ERT :wacko: so I don't feel very confident with her answer. I've also tweeted Don but have yet to get a reply.

My understanding is that "bring-a-friend" access to ERT is only valid on special discounted days (Mother's Day, Father's Day, and other dates as they are announced).

For a definitive answer, you would want to contact the park. If the person you reach isn't sure about the answer, ask for them to check with someone who knows.

I went to KI last night and got there about six, I was amazed at how much my group was able to ride in four hours on a Friday night. Every line was moving fast, used a Front Of Line pass on Dimondback, but other than that waited on regular lines for everything else and was able to get six rides on roller coasters including two one Banshee. Great job Kings Island Staff

• Like 4

Guest waitinginline617

I went to the Banshee Bash yesterday and it was more than worth it! Don and the rest of the staff really planned an awesome event for TPR, and they made sure we had a great time. The tours and extra night ride time were excellent!

I noticed something odd though during the day, and I was wondering if anyone else was noticing a problem with the crews of Banshee and Diamondback in dispatching full trains and getting riders into the station to wait for the upcoming train. The ops at both rides were waiting a significant amount of time to let riders through and many of the trains were running half empty, despite there being a significant wait. I had a Fast Lane pass and was let through to ride Banshee but the four rows in front of me were empty. There was an argument about whether they should reopen the gates, even though all the restraints had been locked and the train was ready to go. This also happened on Diamondback, but the Fast Lane line was only getting a few people through every two or three trains.

• Like 5

^ Let's just make sure that we are good the rest of this season and this off-season.

Many members here already had exclusive tours this year with the Coaster Crew event.

Meetups for Haunt and Closing Day should be fun, as always. Perhaps some big things going on at KI around Labor Day weekend as well...

• Like 4