Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster days limited?

CoastersRZ

Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, located in Hanna Barbera Land was built in 1998. Over on Ultimate Roller Coaster, there is a discussion about its days being limited. With an extremly low capacity (I`ve riden it once, the final weekend of 2000 I believe, when there were about ten people in line, and it took about 15 minutes to get on!) could it be removed? The need for it is somewhat pointless now that the park built Runaway Reptar. Also, with the rumored departure of the Hanna Barbera characters in the next couple of years (minus the Scooby ride) could PKI take out this ride and use it as part of an expansion and renovation to Nick Central? Possibly the one rumored in 2006? If they also removed the water maze next to it, and relocated some of the smaller rides underneath SGC, they would have quite a large area for an expansion. What does everyone think about the future of HB, and SGC?

I dont think Scoobys Ghoster Coaster is going anywhere soon the ride is always crowed with kids and parents...Uncles...Aunts...Grandparents but I could be wrong that coaster is right on the borderline of NC&HBL I will admit I love the theming of Scooby's ghoster coaster but this could be the last year for that coaster since rumors are starting to prove true about a NC expanison in paramount parks I will admit I have read rumors of Atom Ants Airways being re-themed and named Spongebob's Submarine but I think PKI will give us at least one more year with HBL before they start to add more Nick themed attractions.I just hope PKI stays away from the Fairly odd coaster idea ::::Icky:::: But I can see Top Cat's Taxi Jam being call Hey Arnold's Taxi Chase.

Not to sure whats going to happen with HB Land. I know that Scooby is a very slow loader. I have rode Scooby Coaster and it hurts more than Son of Beast and The Beast. This ride was made for small kids I could see it being rethemed to a Nick show name.

But see, that is the thing. The ride only fits two people per train, and the trains do not move that fast. It may appear popular by having an hour long line, but that is due to the low low capacity of the ride. Also, if the park wanted to use that land for a new ride that they feel would be more popular and be able to reah more guests per hour than SGC, I`m sure they would remove it. Yeah, it is inly seven years old, and is a fairley new coaster, but it is kind of redundant to have a children`s suspended coaster and an inverted coaster. Runaway Reptar is essentially the same thing, has a higher capacity and is taller longer and faster.

I dont think Scoobys Ghoster Coaster is going anywhere soon the ride is always crowed with kids and parents...Uncles...Aunts...Grandparents but I could be wrong that coaster is right on the borderline of NC&HBL I will admit I love the theming of Scooby's ghoster coaster but this could be the last year for that coaster since rumors are starting to prove true about a NC expanison in paramount parks I will admit I have read rumors of Atom Ants Airways being re-themed and named Spongebob's Submarine but I think PKI will give us at least one more year with HBL before they start to add more Nick themed attractions.I just hope PKI stays away from the Fairly odd coaster idea ::::Icky:::: But I can see Top Cat's Taxi Jam being call Hey Arnold's Taxi Chase.

Think about it! The reason why its so crowded is because its very Low capacity! So duh thats why they have ahuge line thats like 2 hours every day.

I do believe that the days on it are limited though, only because its really painful for boys and Men. So i belive by 2008 it will be gone. Its hard to work also.

To tell you the truth i wouldnt really care because i rode it once and it was more painful than Son of Beast and beats put together. But i dont want to see HBL go. That has been voted number 1 kids area and it would really take the theming away because paramount sponsors all of those names and they have been since it opened.

But see, that is the thing.  The ride only fits two people per train, and the trains do not move that fast.  It may appear popular by having an hour long line, but that is due to the low low capacity of the ride.  Also, if the park wanted to use that land for a new ride that they feel would be more popular and be able to reah more guests per hour than SGC, I`m sure they would remove it.  Yeah, it is inly seven years old, and is a fairley new coaster, but it is kind of redundant to have a children`s suspended coaster and an inverted coaster.  Runaway Reptar is essentially the same thing, has a higher capacity and is taller longer and faster.

The thing is, I have seen many other slow loaders that would be a crime to take out of other parks... my niece waited, for about 4 loads... 40 children, it took an hour, I love her, she is so patient, and she didnt get tremendously wet from dunking into the water, like many of the other children that were there, since the wall is only 2 or 2.5 feet high, and hold the water in... the boats load very slow, but you know that children would get the really dissappointed look to their faces... it is a popular ride, kids will still ride it, it is a great ride! parents will wait for it, and like the parents ahead of us, they will also bicker and argue over the whole thing, let the kids ride what they want, and dont force the operator... thats all I can infer from the situations...

I saw a guy get so fed up, because it takes about forever to load, he screamed **** at the kids next to him!! it was very bad, and i just picked up my neice and practiced color memorization with her and asked what the fast purple thing was... she said "rolley-coaster"

then decided after getting off the boats that she wanted to go to the fish to ride them! which is a walk, and the canoe ride across from it takes a while to load, as it is a slow ride and appears to never have all eight canoes in, they only have 5 in typically, she loves it, so I dont complain, I wait in the shade.

She loves Holidog, but not to actually go up to him, she is very shy sometimes, she will talk to anyone, but not if she cant see the face.

which is another thing, has anybody noticed that when a child is lost at a park, and you try to help them, they never talk?? I mean I know they arent supposed to speak to strangers, but dang! you are trying to help, so I wait for an associate to come by... kudos to the staffs for always being prepared for this kind of situation.

Well, the novel is complete...

...SGC? hmm, no, I think it should stay, I have had rougher... *Cough*SoB*Cough*

Its a neat experience, a Mini-Bat, But hey, even as Fairly Odd Coaster, it would still be ultimately the same ride, but they better change the Bats to something else!!!

EDIT: HB Land should stay, its classic, It gives the parents something to remenice (spelling) about, and think, could the kids give two sh*ts about the name of a ride? they call them swings, and trains, thats about it... and some say boats... THEY DONT CARE... laugh.gif

The Earth is more than 4 billion years old. Will Scooby's Ghoaster Coaster be around in another 4 billion years? Will we? Will PKI?

Nothing is permanent if you think about. So let's enjoy the goodness of life and the greatness of PKI while we can.

What's the difference if the ride is called Scooby of Fairly odd parents? Did not Shakespear say "if a rose was called by any other name, would it not smell the same?"

No one misses Phantom Theater and H-B characters more than me...but life goes on. Let's enjoy life and PKI as much as we can.

yours truly,

Italian Chef

chef.gif

It more than likely would. If Rivertown became Star Trek : The Final Frontier, Beast would still stay The Beast - they wouldn't change its name to Romulan Ale! tongue.gif So Beastie will probably be the same. Top Cat's Taxi Jam - that is another question.

It wouldnt surprise me because its been talked about so much or whatever, i wouldnt even really be upset about it or whatever if HB "faded" out. I would just be disappointed that that would be our "new" attraction for 2006, i think that it would pi$$ off alot of people

If I`m not mistaken, you must be 36" to ride the Sooby`s Ghoster Coaster. Which is a smaller height requirement than Rugrats which is 44". In fact i think they recently gave Beastie a height requirement of 36 as well. While slightly smaller kids can ride Scooby`s Ghoster Coaster, with the maximum amount of guests it ccan reach in a day so small compared to the other kiddie rides, I wouldn`t be at all surprised if they did remove it in the near future.

I know PKI always judges their ride by the numbers and they have to.

but this timeI think it's a mistake to take out something that's that popular.

IF a little kid is willing to wait 45 minutes to ride a ride you have a sucessful ride.

Try getting a kid to stand for 45 minutes anywhere and you got a parent ready

to comit harri karri.

Why not try to improve the ride and it's capitcity by moving some of the other rides less popular and adding on another rail or making the coaster car

a 4 person car, that has to be cheaper for PKI than building another ride that may not be as popular. if it's not broke don't fix it , Improve on it.

The only reason I think that they MAY consider removing it is because it could impede on future expansion of Nick Central. Also, from what I have heard, the maintenance on the elvator lift system is quite involved. Honestly, I hope the ride sticks around for awhile any ride that is removed is a loss for the park.