2024 Season Passes

KIfan73

I am predicting 2024 season passes go on sale this Thursday, 8/10,  as they have historically the last few years offering the same flash sale benefit thru Sunday 8/13 of free Fast Lane to use on any public operating day except Saturdays & 9/3 until 10/29  and free bring a friend for renewal only. New pass holders get admission and parking for the remainder of 23 to use. From Cedar Point information,  the all parks passport add on will be allowed to use the remainder of 23 season. My predicted price point on passes will be $130 gold renewal and $136 new gold , $299 prestige renewal and $325 new prestige.  i am keeping summer passes out of this mix as I don't like them , just buy gold :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

I am predicting 2024 season passes go on sale this Thursday, 8/10,  as they have historically the last few years offering the same flash sale benefit thru Sunday 8/13 of free Fast Lane to use on any public operating day except Saturdays & 9/3 until 10/29  and free bring a friend for renewal only. New pass holders get admission and parking for the remainder of 23 to use. From Cedar Point information,  the all parks passport add on will be allowed to use the remainder of 23 season. My predicted price point on passes will be $130 gold renewal and $136 new gold , $299 prestige renewal and $325 new prestige.  i am keeping summer passes out of this mix as I don't like them , just buy gold :)

Except for the prices (which I am simply excluding from this comment) I think you are right. 

Plus other information coming out of Kings Island. 

• Like 1

Do you honestly not understand that you are posting screenshots from their blog and not the actual season pass page?

Yes, they failed to correctly update the blog, which is unfortunate. But the page where you go to actually purchase season passes, the same one linked to from the blog, lists the correct benefit of including a discount on merchandise. Their blog was reposted and updated with "2024" replacing "2023" and someone neglected to update the benefits list, which is inconsequential since when you go to the actual SP page, the benefits are listed correctly for all to see. I get that you are intent on critiquing CF at every imaginable opportunity, and there are cases where it's justified, but this is a ridiculous stretch.

5 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

Do you honestly not understand that you are posting screenshots from their blog and not the actual season pass page?

Yes, they failed to correctly update the blog, which is unfortunate. But the page where you go to actually purchase season passes, the same one linked to from the blog, lists the correct benefit of including a discount on merchandise. Their blog was reposted and updated with "2024" replacing "2023" and someone neglected to update the benefits list, which is inconsequential since when you go to the actual SP page, the benefits are listed correctly for all to see. I get that you are intent on critiquing CF at every imaginable opportunity, and there are cases where it's justified, but this is a ridiculous stretch.

I like how you act like the benefits listed on the SP page are some sort of authority. Remember how many times they were quietly changed without notice after everyone bought their passes. 

I am well aware that it’s a blog. They push their policy through the blog quite often - even with Prestige. Remember how they said to call the other Prestige parks to find out your benefits? Many did - and were told they could use them (and were able to use them) - until Tony put out a blog saying it was only for your home park, thus changing the policy via the blog. 

Therefore, which do you trust? The SP page or the blog? 

But my point is, my original post was going to be about how the info contradicted, but the SP page didn’t. It had the same language as the blog. My question was honest, and I even asked some people internally if the benefit was going away, and they said they had heard it was… but no one seems to know what’s going on with Prestige. That’s why I asked. I wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything. 

41 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

Not officially live yet but should be on 8/10 (this Thursday), and pricing has already been made publicly available through Accesso..  Interestingly, you have most of the details except for Gold pricing, and the change to 5x single use FL vouchers instead of an all-day wristband, as seen elsewhere in the chain this year.  At least we won't see as many complaints on here about how the FL line is the longer of the two...  :ph34r:

Gold is listed as $105 renewal, $110 new.  New and renewal get 5x single use Fast Lane passes.  Renewal also gets 1x bring-a-friend ticket starting 8/15 through the end of the season, excluding all Saturdays as well as Sunday 9/3.

image.png

Oddly, Gold Passport at KI appears to be $5 less than other parks at $95.

image.png

Prestige is $299 renewal, $325 new, for a decent $26 savings.

image.png

Prestige Passport is the same $125 listed elsewhere.

image.png

Passes will be available with 12 monthly payments.

image.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

It had the same language as the blog.

The August 1st cache of the SP page, the first day the new passes were available, shows "& merchandise" as being included with both Gold and Prestige.

29 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Remember how many times they were quietly changed without notice after everyone bought their passes.

Out of curiosity, what are the changes they made after the initial announcement of '23 (or prior years) season passes?

How many visits to you make a year? Because if the answer to this last question is >=5, then you got your money's worth on your season pass based solely on the admission (and parking) value you realized compared to the gate price. 

Not officially live yet but should be on 8/10 (this Thursday), and pricing has already been made publicly available through Accesso..  Interestingly, you have most of the details except for Gold pricing, and the change to 5x single use FL vouchers instead of an all-day wristband, as seen elsewhere in the chain this year.  At least we won't see as many complaints on here about how the FL line is the longer of the two...  
Gold is listed as $105 renewal, $110 new.  New and renewal get 5x single use Fast Lane passes.  Renewal also gets 1x bring-a-friend ticket starting 8/15 through the end of the season, excluding all Saturdays as well as Sunday 9/3.
image.png.d53b67544d8a4da35df3cdb364718657.png
Oddly, Gold Passport at KI appears to be $5 less than other parks at $95.
image.png.5e115b0049648878b65ba65174b5e152.png
Prestige is $299 renewal, $325 new, for a decent $26 savings.
image.png.3f7c553a53d8df6c70be9326da67b285.png
Prestige Passport is the same $125 listed elsewhere.
image.png.851b2e95859048b6616c20fe9679a322.png
Passes will be available with 12 monthly payments.
image.png.47dfcf77f0f4f71e6254320c5b50655d.png

So I was mostly right except gold pricing and y the single use Fast Lane but your gold picture shows purchase 8/10 as I predicted, not 8/15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jdf21972 said:

So I was mostly right except gold pricing and y the single use Fast Lane but your gold picture shows purchase 8/10 as I predicted, not 8/15.

I said 8/10, it's in your quote ;)

(Fixed that almost immediately...)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

The August 1st cache of the SP page, the first day the new passes were available, shows "& merchandise" as being included with both Gold and Prestige.

Out of curiosity, what are the changes they made after the initial announcement of '23 (or prior years) season passes?

How many visits to you make a year? Because if the answer to this last question is >=5, then you got your money's worth on your season pass based solely on the admission (and parking) value you realized compared to the gate price. 

After Prestige holders PURCHASED the pass, they quietly removed bottled drinks and made preferred parking subject to availability (it was a guarantee when the passes first came out) to name two off the top of my head.  They also said perks could be used elsewhere until Tony's blog said different.  They also cut back the hours of the Lounge.

Prestige were offered enhanced fun perks - has anyone seen those?

Gold/Plat gets fun perks - anything of any value there?

In years past they changed the timing between meal plans (although they reverted back prior to start of season).

They have changed meal options mid-season for the meal plan.  One day at Chicken Shack you no longer got bread with a salad.  One day you no longer got a coney with a 3-way on the meal plan.  They changed something with Panda Express as well.

According to FB posts, implementation of the chaperone policy after passes were sold was a deal killer.

Give me and others time and we can come up with others LOL.

How many times someone visits is irrelevant - the fact of the matter is they have a history of changing terms and conditions after sales have been made.  Although they do provide the legalize that allows them to do so, that doesn't make it right either.

As someone here used to say "They already got your money"

23 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

How many visits are irrelevant. I was presented with a product and it was changed after they had my money, with no refunds. 

But to reframe your question:

I was promised bottled drinks on the VIP Lounge from August 2022 until December 2023, I got them through August of 2022.

Enhanced Pass Perks was offered as a 2023 perk. As of this writing, it is generally accepted that it has yet to be delivered. 

A dedicated line for Prestige entry was offered for 2023. I’ve only used it once, but I’ve heard from many that after the first week or so they started letting non-Prestige through it if they got on that lane.

Prestige benefits at other parks were intentionally left vague, then promised, then removed. At CP some have had success with skip the lines, but many have been turned away from VIP. Carowinds honored them until May. 

You seem to think Prestige is a good value that will totally be honored next year, as promised. If you believe that then I have a bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you. 

By the way, I’d love to see your reaction if you bought a 4K TV at Best Buy and took it home only to find out that it’s 720p. Then when you try to return it they say, “yeah but there was a Rocky marathon on last night, so you got your money’s worth.” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsus said:

Not officially live yet but should be on 8/10 (this Thursday), and pricing has already been made publicly available through Accesso..  Interestingly, you have most of the details except for Gold pricing, and the change to 5x single use FL vouchers instead of an all-day wristband, as seen elsewhere in the chain this year.  At least we won't see as many complaints on here about how the FL line is the longer of the two...  :ph34r:

I always assumed that the free FL at renewal was a loss leader to try to convince the buyer that "hey FL is kinda convenient" and would lead to either a season-long FL add-on or a purchase of a FL one or more times the following year.

Given the "investment" into the kiosks that allow anyone in the park the ability to purchase a single use FL, I suspect that is the same intent here is to drive sales on those kiosks, as well as maybe convert a few to Prestige passes.

30 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

How many visits are irrelevant. I was presented with a product and it was changed after they had my money, with no refunds. 

Nonsense. The product you purchased was a season pass that provided access to the park(s). The product you purchased also included additional value-add benefits which were always subject to change without notice. So yes, the number of visits, while inconvenient to your endless whining about "bait and switch", is very much a relevant point of data. But of course you won't answer it, because that would demonstrate that you're still enjoying substantial actual value of the product you purchased. 

Your TV metaphor is DOA. It would be more like purchasing a 4K TV that also advertised smart TV functions from the manufacturer, with the express stated condition that those functions may be altered or disabled at any time. The TV would still function as a 4K TV, but if those extra features were critical to me finding value in the purchase, I would have been a fool to have agreed to the purchase in the first place.

• Like 1

The drive was bring a friend to use and have the friend also buy a Fast Lane to use with the pass holder free one and see the benefits of KI and drive them to buy a season pass also. I believe that never materialized the way they saw it for that in park spending to bring an increased amount.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

Nonsense. The product you purchased was a season pass that provided access to the park(s). The product you purchased also included additional value-add benefits which were always subject to change without notice. So yes, the number of visits, while inconvenient to your endless whining about "bait and switch", is very much a relevant point of data. But of course you won't answer it, because that would demonstrate that you're still enjoying substantial actual value of the product you purchased. 

Your TV metaphor is DOA. It would be more like purchasing a 4K TV that also advertised smart TV functions from the manufacturer, with the express stated condition that those functions may be altered or disabled at any time. The TV would still function as a 4K TV, but if those extra features were critical to me finding value in the purchase, I would have been a fool to have agreed to the purchase in the first place.

You’ve just proven that you aren’t worth arguing with. The offer for the bridge in Brooklyn stands. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

OK - let's go with the season pass since that is what you are harping on.  

Dates have changed after the calendar has been posted and passes were bought. 

Hours have changed since the calendar was posted and passes were bought.  You know the early closes due to "weather".  Last year they made changes from 10pm closes to 8pm in May.  

I know people with handicap plates that bought Prestige just so they could show up later since the handicap lot fills quickly and the preferred is basically at the same general location (just other side of walkway).

I know people with allergies to the dyes in drinks so they cannot even get water from the Coke machine since they share a drink with the water dispenser.  They would buy bottled water and essentially decided to go with Prestige as essentially their bottled water drink plan.

In both of these instances - these were not pass add-ons but were integral to the actual Prestige pass itself that were removed after purchase.

Ok, so you didn't like his TV metaphor and you brought up a smart TV function as "add-ons" that if you found critical to finding value in the purchase, you would have been a fool to have agreed to the purchase - well to many people the add-ons are critical to finding value in the season pass purchase.  Plus they paid for the add-ons.  If you bought season long FL and then they said your ability to obtain the wristband was subject to availability after your purchased it, you would just roll with it and be like all good since I attend so much?

So I guess you were ok when you needed to either get a new TV or get a converter box when the OTA signals went digital?  Or needed to add a Spectrum box when they changed their signal and you couldn't use the digital tuner in the TV?

Obviously this hasn't impacted you or you just operate at a different level than the average consumer, but these are real issues that are blasted about all over social media.  Or maybe you just roll with the changes and keyboard warrior those that actually expect to get what they paid for :P  

Let's look at another electronic - many people have purchased Arlo security cameras as they are quick and easy to put up.  They recently changed their terms and conditions - many purchased it with the expectation that these functions were part of the system "But on January 1st, 2024, the company’s killing that feature for many Arlo cams — and reserving the right to eliminate all cloud functionality, including email alerts, push notifications, and other “bundled services or features,” for any camera that hasn’t been manufactured for four years."

Or what about Ring that did something similar.  Many people purchased their alarm system because it provided the ability to arm and disarm the alarm from the app.  They just changed their ToS as well: "Starting March 29, 2023, a Ring Protect subscription is required to access Ring Alarm in-app features in the US and Canada, including digital notifications and the ability to Arm and Disarm from your app."  So now something someone got free as part of their initial purchase now has a $200 annual fee if they want to continue using it in the same manner at which they were promised it would work at initial purchase and did work that way until March.

Or what about car manufactures going to a subscription model for things like the ability to use the already installed heated seats in your car?  Are you ok paying $18/month for the right to use the heated seats in your car?

I guess in all of these examples, you are ok with just opening up your wallet and giving them more money for items you already purchased :P

4 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Dates have changed after the calendar has been posted and passes were bought. 

Hours have changed since the calendar was posted and passes were bought.

How has that materially affected the value you realized from your pass? In other words, were you only available on the changed dates at those later hours, and the pass was therefore of insufficient value for the remaining 99.9% of the parks operating dates? If so, go see guest services, point out that because of your schedule you were unable to visit, and given the extraordinary circumstance that only allow you to visit on Tuesdays in early May after 8PM, they would refund your unused pass.

8 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I know people with allergies

Well both of these totally real and not fabricated for this argument people should go talk to Guest Services, where they can explain their predicament and be made whole. Because that's what Guest Services does and has always done.

10 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Plus they paid for the add-ons.  If you bought season long FL and then they said your ability to obtain the wristband was subject to availability after your purchased it, you would just roll with it and be like all good since I attend so much?

First of all, I was referring to the pass benefits, not purchased add-ons. But fine. Yes, all FL/FLP wrist bands for any given day are subject to availability, and that is stated prior to purchase. Obviously they cannot predict attendance, and therefore cannot predict day-of FL/FLP purchases, so by the time you roll up to the park at 8:30PM on a Tuesday and they've sold out of FL/FLP, you will not be able to use that. Just like if the park were at capacity and you tried to stroll in with a pass, they're not going to let you in. But that never happens, so you're arguing outlandish hypotheticals which is a losing strategy.

14 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

So I guess you were ok when you needed to either get a new TV or get a converter box when the OTA signals went digital?

You cannot be serious with this.

18 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Or maybe you just roll with the changes and keyboard warrior those that actually expect to get what they paid for

My original response in this thread was not about purchased add-ons, but with respect to people complaining about so-called "bait and switch" with the pass benefits, as the chronic complainer was doing with regard to whether or not "merchandise" was included in the discount benefit. In these cases the product (unlimited access to the park(s)) was delivered, and therefore the value proposition was met.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

How has that materially affected the value you realized from your pass? In other words, were you only available on the changed dates at those later hours, and the pass was therefore of insufficient value for the remaining 99.9% of the parks operating dates? If so, go see guest services, point out that because of your schedule you were unable to visit, and given the extraordinary circumstance that only allow you to visit on Tuesdays in early May after 8PM, they would refund your unused pass.

Well both of these totally real and not fabricated for this argument people should go talk to Guest Services, where they can explain their predicament and be made whole. Because that's what Guest Services does and has always done.

First of all, I was referring to the pass benefits, not purchased add-ons. But fine. Yes, all FL/FLP wrist bands for any given day are subject to availability, and that is stated prior to purchase. Obviously they cannot predict attendance, and therefore cannot predict day-of FL/FLP purchases, so by the time you roll up to the park at 8:30PM on a Tuesday and they've sold out of FL/FLP, you will not be able to use that. Just like if the park were at capacity and you tried to stroll in with a pass, they're not going to let you in. But that never happens, so you're arguing outlandish hypotheticals which is a losing strategy.

You cannot be serious with this.

My original response in this thread was not about purchased add-ons, but with respect to people complaining about so-called "bait and switch" with the pass benefits, as the chronic complainer was doing with regard to whether or not "merchandise" was included in the discount benefit. In these cases the product (unlimited access to the park(s)) was delivered, and therefore the value proposition was met.

Myself and the thousands of other Prestige people who simply wanted what we paid for are “chronic complainers”

It’s a really nice bridge.  DM me for details.

**Bridge is not guaranteed for delivery after payment. Terms subject to change. No refunds. 

• Haha 1

My friends did go to Guest Services and did plea their cases and was told sorry No Refunds.  They even asked to not be refunded the entire pass, just refund the difference between Prestige and Platinum and revert them back to Platinum and were told NO.  They tried it on several occasions - within weeks after the bottled drinks were removed, once at the end of last season, and then again this season.  All three attempts a hard NO REFUNDS was the answer.

And these are real situations and very good friends of mine that this whole thing has left such a bad taste in their mouth, that they are taking their discretionary income elsewhere next year..  Between the two families, that is over $10K in passes and add-ons not being renewed...  But sure assume I made it up....

There were people that were impacted by the 8pm closes based on being college students going back home for the summer and planned to get a lot of use out of it before they went back home, along with people complaining about the chaperone policy and they now couldn't drop their misfits off after 4pm without a parent - and from best I can tell in all cases they were told sorry no refunds.  Nobody I know that complained got a refund.  Maybe someone somewhere did, but they are very stingy with that.  Usually only a death IF the person didn't use the pass...

Um no if you have season long FL you are guaranteed a wristband regardless of how busy or what time you show up....

Um yeah I had to buy a new TV when all of a sudden I needed an ugly converter box that had no place to go with a mounted TV without looking stupid.  I guess I didn't have to buy a new TV and could have left it looking like crap LOL.  There was a period of time in this transition period of analog to digital where a lot of people got screwed over if they bought a TV during that period.  Even today with brand new TVs you cannot take cable coax and connect to the TV directly - you need a stupid cable box that wasn't needed previously.  I am just pointing out the fallacy of your argument regarding the TV analogy brought up.  What you can dish it out but can't take it ;)

Like I said, you apparently are someone that just rolls with the changes and do not care that you are not getting what you paid for.  Good for you.  You are the pass holder CF likes because they can eliminate everything and you will continue to open your wallet without complaining....

19 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

My friends did go to Guest Services and did plea their cases and was told sorry No Refunds.  They even asked to not be refunded the entire pass, just refund the difference between Prestige and Platinum and revert them back to Platinum and were told NO.  They tried it on several occasions - within weeks after the bottled drinks were removed, once at the end of last season, and then again this season.  All three attempts a hard NO REFUNDS was the answer.

And these are real situations and very good friends of mine that this whole thing has left such a bad taste in their mouth, that they are taking their discretionary income elsewhere next year..  Between the two families, that is over $10K in passes and add-ons not being renewed...  But sure assume I made it up....

There were people that were impacted by the 8pm closes based on being college students going back home for the summer and planned to get a lot of use out of it before they went back home, along with people complaining about the chaperone policy and they now couldn't drop their misfits off after 4pm without a parent - and from best I can tell in all cases they were told sorry no refunds.  Nobody I know that complained got a refund.  Maybe someone somewhere did, but they are very stingy with that.  Usually only a death IF the person didn't use the pass...

Um no if you have season long FL you are guaranteed a wristband regardless of how busy or what time you show up....

Um yeah I had to buy a new TV when all of a sudden I needed an ugly converter box that had no place to go with a mounted TV without looking stupid.  I guess I didn't have to buy a new TV and could have left it looking like crap LOL.  There was a period of time in this transition period of analog to digital where a lot of people got screwed over if they bought a TV during that period.  Even today with brand new TVs you cannot take cable coax and connect to the TV directly - you need a stupid cable box that wasn't needed previously.  I am just pointing out the fallacy of your argument regarding the TV analogy brought up.  What you can dish it out but can't take it ;)

Like I said, you apparently are someone that just rolls with the changes and do not care that you are not getting what you paid for.  Good for you.  You are the pass holder CF likes because they can eliminate everything and you will continue to open your wallet without complaining....

Getting “most” of what you paid for must be the standard for some. 

9 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

Like buying a new car and only getting 3 tires LOL

Hey, you got 75% of what you paid for!

Honestly, I don’t think he doesn’t care. I think he’s being fed lines from someone in hiding. Two other people have been called out for this and got real quiet, real quick. Make this three. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Hey, you got 75% of what you paid for!

Honestly, I don’t think he doesn’t care. I think he’s being fed lines from someone in hiding. Two other people have been called out for this and got real quiet, real quick. Make this three. 

Not to mention what you and @disco2000 have shared are all valid things that were promised and are no longer available. You both are 100% spot on. The current climate of CF is not good in relation to consumers. 

On the parks that currently are selling 2024 passes, they are showing Fast Lane as an add-on

image.png.6bec7f0d556341da64db51d1fee171a9.png

You would think they would lower the price point on the KI park only as it was the first time in 5 years they didn’t sell out. Still available today for 2023 season at $799.

29 minutes ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I think he’s being fed lines from someone in hiding.

You are taking this whole enthusiast hobby way too seriously if you think there's some conspiracy going on when someone disagrees with and argues against your incessant whining. The reality is that you complain an awful lot for someone who will, no doubt, continue forking over your money while continuing to complain. I no longer found value in what the park offered via their pass, so I stopped purchasing it. No whining incessantly on the internet, just spoke in the only way that matters - with my wallet. Hard to take seriously those that "speak" only on the Internet.

1 hour ago, disco2000 said:

they are taking their discretionary income elsewhere next year

Good for them, that's how you affect change. But I still don't for one second buy the story that they approached the park in a reasonable manner and requested recompense for their situation, because that has never been my personal or anecdotal experience in my many, many years attending CF parks. But maybe Guest Services sucks now, in which case good for your friends for voting with their wallets.

Um yeah I had to buy a new TV when all of a sudden I needed an ugly converter box that had no place to go with a mounted TV without looking stupid.

The digital transition began in 1996, wasn't completed until 2009, and all new TVs purchased after 2007 included ATSC tuners. I'm curious, what mountable flat screen TV did you purchase in ~2005-2006 that didn't include an ATSC tuner? And if you could afford one of these rare, super-high-end TVs, how were you savvy enough to justify spending ~$3K on one instead of waiting a year or so for native ATSC sets?

you apparently are someone that just rolls with the changes and do not care that you are not getting what you paid for.  Good for you.  You are the pass holder CF likes because they can eliminate everything and you will continue to open your wallet without complaining....

No, again, I'm someone who isn't foolish enough to pay someone for a product I don't feel is worth it. Take notes.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, DispatchMaster said:

You are taking this whole enthusiast hobby way too seriously if you think there's some conspiracy going on when someone disagrees with and argues against your incessant whining. The reality is that you complain an awful lot for someone who will, no doubt, continue forking over your money while continuing to complain. I no longer found value in what the park offered via their pass, so I stopped purchasing it. No whining incessantly on the internet, just spoke in the only way that matters - with my wallet. Hard to take seriously those that "speak" only on the Internet.

Good for them, that's how you affect change. But I still don't for one second buy the story that they approached the park in a reasonable manner and requested recompense for their situation, because that has never been my personal or anecdotal experience in my many, many years attending CF parks. But maybe Guest Services sucks now, in which case good for your friends for voting with their wallets.

The digital transition began in 1996, wasn't completed until 2009, and all new TVs purchased after 2007 included ATSC tuners. I'm curious, what mountable flat screen TV did you purchase in ~2005-2006 that didn't include an ATSC tuner? And if you could afford one of these rare, super-high-end TVs, how were you savvy enough to justify spending ~$3K on one instead of waiting a year or so for native ATSC sets?

No, again, I'm someone who isn't foolish enough to pay someone for a product I don't feel is worth it. Take notes.

There you admitted you have been out of the game and have no skin in this fight, so move out of the way to those that are currently suffering LOL.

You have spoken with your wallet and haven't had a pass in who knows how long...you don't think things have got worse?

Since you are not an active passholder going thru these issues, your opinion doesn't carry the same weight as those that are.

The fact that they don't offer refunds is evident in now you can buy "refund insurance" on your ticket and add-ons....why would they go thru that effort of negotiating a package with a 3rd party if their policy was to willy-nilly pass out refunds.

I find it hard to believe that you have been issued refunds from KI.

I was with my friend's family on two of the times they calmly stated their case and ....well what does it matter you wouldn't believe me anyway...but let's just say it was a very convincing argument backed with receipts and doctors notes and tests.

@jdf21972- how often does the park offer refunds?  I know based on social media posts, it doesn't happen often.  We see way more post of people saying they were told No Refunds.

Unfortunately, warts and all, the season pass is still an incredible value and hard to beat on cost/hr of entertainment value.  As an example, people spend 4 times the amount of a gold pass per month for the privilege to belong to country club.  Heck some swim clubs monthly dues are the price of a gold pass.

But just because it is an incredible value doesn't mean that folks should accept being sold one thing and being provided another.

The park is selling a product with advertised benefits and when said benefits are taken away, the criticism is valid.

• Like 2