New Cedar Fair Six Flags Logo Designs

IndyGuy4KI

2 hours ago, DiamondbackFan said:

I don't see why the logo would change. The name of the company will be Six Flags, not Cedar Flags or Cedar Fair.

The existing logo is fine.

spacer.png

Given that this is supposed to be a new company under the leadership of both Cedar Fair and Six Flags, a new logo would definitely help convey that this isn't going to be the same Six Flags. Also, that Six Flags logo has been used since the 90's, so a modern refresh wouldn't hurt.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WoodVengeance said:

Given that this is supposed to be a new company under the leadership of both Cedar Fair and Six Flags, a new logo would definitely help convey that this isn't going to be the same Six Flags. Also, that Six Flags logo has been used since the 90's, so a modern refresh wouldn't hurt.

That seems like an unnecessary expense.  The current Six Flags logo is from 2019.

• Like 2

Personally, I love the bold and clean typeface and overall branding of CF, I think it's the more mature looking style that feels like it's more serious than six flags. I would love to see a CF style new logo for the new company. It has the namesake of six flags but would also be a clean slate visually. If the current SF logo is used for the long term, it would be a missed opportunity and give people the feel that nothing has changed despite being a very different company. The phrase "This ain't yo daddy's six flags" comes to mind.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Cedar Flags makes sense.

No, it doesn't.

"Upon closing of the transaction, the combined company will operate under the name Six Flags and trade under the ticker symbol FUN on the NYSE and will be structured as a C Corporation. The combined company will be headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and will maintain significant finance and administrative operations in Sandusky, Ohio."

https://ir.cedarfair.com/news/news-details/2023/Cedar-Fair-and-Six-Flags-to-Combine-in-Merger-of-Equals-Creating-a-Leading-Amusement-Park-Operator/default.aspx

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...