Kings Island New IP with the Merger

“Capitalizing on entertainment partnerships and a portfolio of beloved IP such as Looney Tunes, DC Comics and PEANUTS to develop engaging new attractions” I don't know if Cedar Fair legacy parks will keep the PEANUTS IP only, or all parks get the Looney Tunes, DC, and PEANUTS IP.

• Like 1

Matt Oiumet was the reason Cedar Fair started quality theming over the last several years.   Before him were rather generic installations like Diamondback

He is gone from Cedar Fair now.  I fully expect tacky IP the did that will totally ruin the character of the park again 

• Like 1

When KI originally did , yes. I would be one to say it still has the themed areas, just nowhere near as much as they used to be, except for maybe Rivertown. The rest of them have dwindled down theme wise. If they do start using IP theming though, especially throughout the front area near kiddie lan and Action Zone, i wouldn't be mad about it. Action Zone needs theming redone desperately, and could make for a great DC Action Zone. kiddie land is fine, but the more characters the merrier I say. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3dgyrat said:

When KI originally did , yes. I would be one to say it still has the themed areas, just nowhere near as much as they used to be, except for maybe Rivertown. The rest of them have dwindled down theme wise. If they do start using IP theming though, especially throughout the front area near kiddie lan and Action Zone, i wouldn't be mad about it. Action Zone needs theming redone desperately, and could make for a great DC Action Zone. kiddie land is fine, but the more characters the merrier I say. 

I'm a little concerned about mixing CF and SIX IP's at the same park.  With as often as parks seem to be trading hands the more IP's at a park the messier and possibly less lucrative the sale would be (having to re-name rides aka when CF bought Paramount).  With CF and SIX being a merger I can see each keeping with their own IP's.  (Can you imagine if they renamed Orion to the Blue Beetle? lol)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, robintodd said:

I'm a little concerned about mixing CF and SIX IP's at the same park.  With as often as parks seem to be trading hands the more IP's at a park the messier and possibly less lucrative the sale would be (having to re-name rides aka when CF bought Paramount).  With CF and SIX being a merger I can see each keeping with their own IP's.  (Can you imagine if they renamed Orion to the Blue Beetle? lol)

thats a fair point. i couldnt imagine orion as anything else. either way, im curious to see what this merge is going to do for the park. 

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post. Kings Island beginning was anything but humble.  The Happy Land of Hanna Barbera was da bomb diggity as kids.

We went to Disney world once and the folks gave us a choice each summer.  Kings Island or Disney. We always chose KI.  

Dream world:  the merger goes through and we see Snoopy and Charlie cohabitating!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post. Kings Island beginning was anything but humble.  The Happy Land of Hanna Barbera was da bomb diggity as kids.

We went to Disney world once and the folks gave us a choice each summer.  Kings Island or Disney. We always chose KI.  

Dream world:  the merger goes through and we see Snoopy and Charlie cohabitating!

The use of humble was meant as ironic. 

• Like 1

• CartersCoasters changed the title to Kings Island New IP with the Merger