Tower Topics: The Legacy of Firehawk

BoddaH1994

Ah, somethings happening at Fort Cooper! Haha. Good times. Hard to believe how long ago that was. Firehawk was never the best, but definitely holds a special place in my heart as it was the first big installment of my enthusiast “career” and as a member of KIC. Great episode! 

• Like 1

This also holds a special place in my heart as well as it opened up at KI the year I graduated from HS. The first time I got to ride it was with my mom on Mother's Day of 2007, as it has been a tradition for many years now to celebrate her day at the park. I took one of the last flights on it during its final day of operation as well. It may not have been my favorite roller coaster, but I didn't have the hatred or distain for it that most did, especially in its later years of operating at the park. 

• Like 1

I just started listening recently,  and the show has been a delight.  I am a big Haunt guy,  so looking forward to a lot more of those episodes come Autumn.  

Also,  I hated Firehawk and was elated the day I heard it was closing. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, rexpostal said:

I just started listening recently,  and the show has been a delight.  I am a big Haunt guy,  so looking forward to a lot more of those episodes come Autumn.  

Thanks! We are always up for show ideas!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rexpostal said:

Thanks for listening! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

Thanks! We are always up for show ideas!

Have you ever heard of the Catacombs of Halloween Horror Nights?  They would do deep dives into every year of HHN.  I don't expect like three hour episodes or whatever,  but doing each year of Fear Fest/Haunt one by one through October would be awesome.  Just go through the houses,  the scare zones,  shows, any other outside things,  and have it all in one place.  I have loved the individual episodes about things,  but I would also love being able to find all the info about a year in one place.  

I always enjoy listening to these. Of course, the talk about The Flying Eagles is my favorite so far. For anyone that did not get to ride them at KI, saying they were the best non-coaster ride in the park is not an overstatement! Some days I would go up to the park just to ride them all day and night long. Still hurts that they were removed in such a callous way.

• Like 1

Very good episode. I got to ride Firehawk finally a week before it was shut down and announced to be out for the season (which ended up being permanent). Only ever got to ride it once and lost my phone on it on the dive down, but luckily my phone took no damage because it fell out right when we were at the bottom. Was definitely a ride I wish I could've rode more. 

• Like 1