Lakemont Park won’t feature rides this year

• DonHelbig changed the title to Lakemont Park won’t feature rides this year

If they actually reopen the rides next year I might have to make a special trip up there to snag the two coaster credits while I can. It's not too far of a drive from here (about 6 hours as I recall) and being within 2 hours of Pittsburgh I could hit Idlewild and Kennywood while I'm in the area.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Very unfortunate chain of events. This park is plagued by the fact that it's in a smaller community with larger parks nearby and the fact that it just doesn't have much going for it at all. I personally think that they need to review their operating system. For example, could they do something similar to stickers grove in Ross, OH? Only be open for private events and maybe a few holidays? Coaster enthusiasts obviously want the leap the dips credit but if it wasn't for having the world's oldest rollercoaster, this park would have closed long ago. I'm very thankful to have gotten the credits in 2022 on both leap the dips and skyliner. Skyliner is actually a pretty good wooden coaster for its age and size. 

• Like 3