So Very Sad

flightoffear1996

On the last Beast ride when the train was coming back into the station a loud chant broke out from the back of the train and worked it’s way forward. It went like this Clap..clap…..clap.clap.clap Bring..back….Winterfest! And continued to repeat it’s self over and over.

I feel like Paramount just likes ripping people off. Using Holiday Horror instead of the Wasteland Just to save some cash. Winterfest was fun, but could be better. Yes I feel it is the parks "inside joke" on its cancellation of Winterfest.

Don't blame Paramount for that should you find it unacceptable. Paramount Parks left the building no later than July 1, 2006. I seem to remember this year's Fear Fest took place after that date. If Cedar Fair found it unacceptable to them, they had plenty of opportunity NOT to use it. Instead, they DID use it....

The reason why the park does not stay open longer is they are not able to staff the events and they do not make any money. I was waiting for a haunted house on a rainy night when there was only about 1,000 people total in the park. I know they want to make the event a ghost town but that was crazy. There was an employee in front of me when I was going through the haunted house and she was begging my friend and I to go to human resources to fill out an application to help out. The $6.00 an hour was enough to pass up since that would probably not cover gas money for one night after taxes. Fearfest has been a losing event ever since the first year. There were long lines the first year of the event to check it out and see if it was going to be any good. The next year the attendance was cut in half and has decreased ever since. Do not blame Cedar Fair if Fearfest and anything else about the park sucks. They did not have the time or the money to sink into the parks this year since the purchase did not go through until late in the season. You can blame Paramount for all that has gone wrong with the park since 1992 when they purchases it. There has been a lot of things go wrong too. They are busy trying to fix the Son of Beast and pay for thr repairs / law suits that were filed which has been a nightmare. (Speaking of Halloween) *****Bring back the days when Taft Broadcasting owned the park*****

Are you insane? The night I went to FearFest was PACKED. How many people do you know that want to go stand outside in the cold rain? Most people will just go another night. FearFest has been a consistent draw every year, and this year I felt that it's the closest quality wise to the first year.

Why would KI keep FearFest open any more weekends, the park is traditionally rented out by private companies every September, and Halloween is the 31st of October, which I remember was a few days ago. So what if they cut the last operating weekend? They felt it didn't make money (which I remember the last few years they gave out THOUSANDS of free tickets. KI doesn't need to stay open, they make enough money as it is.

Guest kwindshawne

Are you insane? The night I went to FearFest was PACKED. How many people do you know that want to go stand outside in the cold rain? Most people will just go another night. FearFest has been a consistent draw every year, and this year I felt that it's the closest quality wise to the first year.

Why would KI keep FearFest open any more weekends, the park is traditionally rented out by private companies every September, and Halloween is the 31st of October, which I remember was a few days ago. So what if they cut the last operating weekend? They felt it didn't make money (which I remember the last few years they gave out THOUSANDS of free tickets. KI doesn't need to stay open, they make enough money as it is.

I agree. The lines for all the haunted attractions was so long, I could only do maybe one or two on friday nights. When it's pouring rain, an outdoor attraction like KI is never going to do well. Besides, as far as the 6 bucks an hour goes-it will be higher next year with the minimum wage bill that just passed-that should help in itself. I may consider it as a fun job once I'm off from school in the summer.

Guest kwindshawne

Wow it was a quick season and we are only about 2 weeks into the off season and we are already ready to go back up to the park.

After living in several different areas of the country, there really isn't much else to do here.......

Well, WinterFest might not be back, but there is plenty to do in December. The Beach has Holiday Fest (a family of four can buy admission for only $32!!) There is also the Cincinnati Zoo`s Festival of Lights, the new and improved ice skating rink on Fountain Square, the model train display downtown at the former CG&E headquarters building, and other holiday displays throughout the tristate area.

It amazes me how in the early afternoon`s during FearFest how empty the park is. Then, like clockwork, people start to flood in around five and six o`clock in the evening. By the time eight rolls around, the park is packed. While this would never happen, it would be interesting to see how attendance at this year`s FearFest compared to the first three when it was a separate attraction. I seem to recall when it was a separate attraction (the first three years) that it wasn`t as highly attended as it was now. That being said, I am in a way, surprised that Cedar Fair canned the other Fest without trying to make it work. But maybe in due time. They have enough to struggle with five new parks and a much larger debt load than what they started the year out with. They will be watching their pennies very carefully the next couple of years until they can reduce their debt load some.

Guest kwindshawne

Well, WinterFest might not be back, but there is plenty to do in December. The Beach has Holiday Fest (a family of four can buy admission for only $32!!) There is also the Cincinnati Zoo`s Festival of Lights, the new and improved ice skating rink on Fountain Square, the model train display downtown at the former CG&E headquarters building, and other holiday displays throughout the tristate area.

It amazes me how in the early afternoon`s during FearFest how empty the park is. Then, like clockwork, people start to flood in around five and six o`clock in the evening. By the time eight rolls around, the park is packed. While this would never happen, it would be interesting to see how attendance at this year`s FearFest compared to the first three when it was a separate attraction. I seem to recall when it was a separate attraction (the first three years) that it wasn`t as highly attended as it was now. That being said, I am in a way, surprised that Cedar Fair canned the other Fest without trying to make it work. But maybe in due time. They have enough to struggle with five new parks and a much larger debt load than what they started the year out with. They will be watching their pennies very carefully the next couple of years until they can reduce their debt load some.

I live close to dayton, so there isn't much to do here. Maybe I need to head south....

Looking at a train I mean come on who wants to do that. I am 19 years old and I know I don't want to go pay to look at some model trains. The Zoo lights I will go to however because that is a tradtion I have with my girl friend and we enjoy that time together but other than that there really isn't much to do in Cincinnati besides watching struggling sports teams.

Looking at a train I mean come on who wants to do that. I am 19 years old and I know I don't want to go pay to look at some model trains. The Zoo lights I will go to however because that is a tradtion I have with my girl friend and we enjoy that time together but other than that there really isn't much to do in Cincinnati besides watching struggling sports teams.

I suspect you're talking about the train display downtown.

I'd hardly call it "some model trains" as it remains one of the most unique holiday attractions throughout the country.

I agree it is a VERY impressive and unique "Christmas" train display, but I'm not sure if you've been in downtown recently but there's not much else to do besides freeze in downtown during December. And judging by the looks, even though they celebrated it's "opening"- the multi-million$$ "new" Fountain Square is a long way from being completed.

The train display in the CG&E building is FREE. There is no cost. In fact, they often will hand out cookies (also free) for people waiting in line to get a closer view of the trains. The train display has been occuring annually for I think sixty years now! I am still captivated by model trains, and I`m 21.

I work downtown right now, between Ft. Washington Way and the River. I have to be honest, I haven`t visited the square since it reopened. But hopefully, it will do the city some good and attract more visitors to downtown.

I agree with RZ and woofer, the train display is great and of course free, and theres plenty to do downtown you just have to know where to look and what you wanna do. Im looking forward to going to see the new and improved fountain square soon, I was down there a few times this sumemr and fall, once wtih Boddah1994, and the construction was terrible I hope the work paid off. Another thing to do down here is visit Unuin Terminal and its many museums, Im 18 and the childrens museum I still have fun at. The Omnimax theatre is great there to. In a few weeks I'll be going down there to catch a train to chicago.

Yeah I spent a whole night down there a year ago with a friend, we parked for free in Newport, walked over the Purple People bridge, ate in Cincinnati, saw the train and then walked through the park where the Ice Skating was supposed to be but it was closed because it was too warm. Good time though if you have a free night and with free parking in Newport it doesn't get too expensive :D