what is your ideal rollercoaster?

pkitrumpet08

They already built it. Beast. I love how it follows the terrain, and all of the land it covers. Its so cool how you are just out in the middle of nowhere all of the sudden. I always think what it was like to ride it when it first opened, about the same time when the Friday the 13th movies were just coming out. To me the ride is almost sort of like a scary movie in a way.

On a side note, wonder what a coaster that went over different parts of the park would be like? Like, it would start in say, Rivertown, go up, swoop over a couple other areas, and then come back. The real challenge would be finding where to put the footings, and getting the track to snake around and high enough to clear different structures.

"Revenge of the Sky Ride?" :)

I like that idea of going through the park alot. I know we all go through the park alot but seeing the whole park from an aerial view and swooping around the park on a coaster, that would be a real experience. Or even just something like a huge cable car that goes around the park would be alright with me, it woul just be awesome to go around the whole park in the air.

what happened to the heliocopter tours?

On the back of Kings Island past Flight of Fear send a huge metal coaster: the Longest metal in the world it would be suspended, and regular metal coaster both tracks 3 lift hills 3 launches, hugs the terrains, No loops just fun: I would call it ISLAND RUN:

and it would be built for the 40th anniversary of Kings Island:

Just plain out the longest coaster in the world and fun :

the perfect rollercoaster?

X-Flight, hands down the best coaster I've been on yet. Millenium Force, Magnum, and TTD are all great rides along with the classics at KI like The Beast and King Cobra and you cant beat coasters like TG:TJC at Carowinds, but that feeling of flying is unlike anything in the world. X flight is great.....the park its at...well that place could use some work.....heres to X flight coming to KI and GL getting better and not becoming a housing development.

The helicopter tours have been gone for several seasons now. Seems that almost everyone who wanted to to do it had and there was little repeat business. Kind of like I expect to see some Skycoasters start coming out soon.

As for THE ideal coaster, I have none. There are too many different things that make me happy, from the glory of flight that is X-Flight, Borg: The Assimilator, Batwing and particularly Tatsu, to the violent laterals and fun that are coasters like The Georgia Cyclone and Tremors (at Silverwood in Idaho), to the glorious ejector air on coasters like El Toro, Superman at SFNE and Nitro, to the wonderful little mouseys like the ones at Idlewild, Lakeside and Lake Winnie. I loves me some Flight of Fear, but I can also have great fun on the little Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster at SFOG! Even one trick ponies like Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka make me smile! I particularly like coasters that have a mixture of elements, like The Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Same with parks...there's room in this world for Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and William's Grove, though only one of those two great experiences can be had this next season, and for the Disneys, Universal, Busch, Strickers Grove, etc.

Well you have already said it, The Beast. My perfect coaster would be a lift hill and drop like Milly, airtime like Magnum, Nostalgia like The Racers, Have one FOF like launch and one TTD Like Launch, and have it swoop all over the park so you can get a good view of everything. Not to mention when it takes you up and you swoop around the Eiffel Tower's viewing platform. Oh yeah and you can do a barrel roll over the international street fountain. :P

the perfect rollercoaster?

X-Flight, hands down the best coaster I've been on yet. Millenium Force, Magnum, and TTD are all great rides along with the classics at KI like The Beast and King Cobra and you cant beat coasters like TG:TJC at Carowinds, but that feeling of flying is unlike anything in the world. X flight is great.....the park its at...well that place could use some work.....heres to X flight coming to KI and GL getting better and not becoming a housing development.

You're kidding, right? I mean, I know I'm an utter nubie and you're like a quadruple niobium been-there-since-the-beginning-of-the-web demi-god, but X-Flight? Seriously? Guess there's no accounting for taste. ;)

I always have a tough time ranking my favorite coasters. I find I have to separate them into categories, like "favorite classic woodie", "favorite inverted", etc. They're just so different, it's like trying to compare apples and cucumbers. But if you held a gun to my head and forced me, I'd have to say...Phantom's Revenge. That second drop down into the ravine is just incredible. On the other hand, I love love love a good twisting woodie like Lightning Racer or Silver Comet. My favorite used to be Beast, until they put the trim brake on the first drop. That reduces the fun factor by at least 40%, in my book.

It's so hard to rank these rides because we love them for different reasons. Top Gun and Iron Dragon are both suspendeds, but I love them both. TG is an exhilarating, terrain-hugging experience, and ID is more of a gentle, charming, forest ride. Ask me on a different day, and I'm sure I'd give you a completely different answer to that question.

Same here...

And as for a coaster that goes around the entire park, I dunno. I think it might ruin some of Kings Islands beauty.

Huh? Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia does this quite well. It even goes OUT of the park proper. Not the entire park, but a good portion of the main gate area and out and over the road to the parking lot.

Much better than, say, Italian Job!

Huh? Goliath at Six Flags Over Georgia does this quite well. It even goes OUT of the park proper. Not the entire park, but a good portion of the main gate area and out and over the road to the parking lot.

Much better than, say, Italian Job!

But, one person in their post mentioned that they would like the coaster to go over the Royal Fountain, and around the Effiel Tower...

Although, I am glad because I get to go to SFoG in April, so hopefully, I'll be able to ride Goliath

You're kidding, right?

Nope, not at all.

Sorry, I really wasn't trying to be nasty. It's just that, out of the 133 coasters I've been on so far (yes, I'm a credit hound, I admit it!) X-Flight wouldn't even make my top 100. Then again, I don't particularly care for flyers at all, mostly because of my uber-American gut. But, hey, if you like it that much, 2007 ought to be a pretty good year for you!

I will unabashedly say that X Flight is one of my very favorite steel coasters. It is definitely in my top something or other...(I am very bad at comparing coasters...it's like comparing one's kids!) I will say this...I much prefer the Vekoma Flying Dutchmen to the B and M Flying Supermen. I do prefer Tatsu to any of them, but really! It's like in a whole different class (and a whole different part of the country, but that's another story)

I agree with Ronny. X Flight was an amazing ride. It was the only one we bothered to ride more than once at Geauga (Except Dominator because Bill insisted).

I'd have to agree with Don and say that the Voyage was darn near perfect. It really just didn't stop until you hit the end. Element after element....

My ideal rollercoaster! My Ida-coaster!

Well, to me a roller coaster much like it's meaning is what I look for in a coaster. But if I had to make a choice. My ideal rollercoaster would have a teaser drop, AKA a predrop just like SOB, or Vortex. It would have lap bars. And of corse needs a good twisted layout that is original.

My ideal coaster needs these elements.

Speed

Height

Positive and Negative G's

Comfortable Restraints

Smoothness

Unexpected or unique elements, something that makes it different from everything else out there.

Something like Millenium Force, Hulk, or Titan. Those rides offer a good combination of elements.