Kings Island Hosts Job Fair

BoddaH1994

Kings Island Hosts Job Fair Saturday, Feb. 17

More than 4,000 seasonal associates needed for 35th anniversary season.

Kings Island, Ohio – Kings Island plans to hire more than 4,000 seasonal associates for its 35th anniversary season, which begins April 21. Open interviews will be held in the Festhaus this Saturday, Feb. 17, from noon – 4 p.m.

Associates are needed in all areas of park operation, including admissions, cash control, food and beverage, entertainment, guest relations, games, water park operations, rides, maintenance, merchandise, security and warehouse. Applicants must be 15 years of age or older and able to work through the summer months.

Kings Island is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. For more information or questions regarding employment, please call 513-754-5748 or e-mail at: pkijobs@paramountparks.com.

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: “FUNâ€Â) is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio. The Partnership, which owns and operates twelve amusement parks, five outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and six hotels, is one of the largest regional amusement park operators in the world. Its parks are located in Ohio, California, Toronto, North Carolina, Virginia / District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Missouri and Michigan.

haha, well I have asked you all about further details on which position to apply for and now my decision is down to Merchandise Warehouse-Distribution and Ride Op. In your opinions I am sure that Ride Op would be marked as the most fun job to work...but which position do you all think that would a)Provide the best look on a resume b)have the most interaction with fellow employees and c) what is better checking restraints or delivering stuff around the park? Thanks for your input!

When I was 14, 15, and 16 my friend Allen and I would go to the Job Fairs just to get in to see the park in the off season, see expansion progress, and because they always had free LaRosas and soda.

And, you ended up working in the park. Seems like the park made a good investment in you when you were younger, and it paid off for them and you!

Did Allen also end up working at KI?

I want to check it all out also, however I wouldnt go to the job fair if I wasnt planning on working there....

Well said donnie, that reminds me of when they had the employee season kick off party a few weeks ago and a bunch of ACER fan boys showed up, the party wasnt for ACE, it was in honor of the employees who work there.

So, I attended the job fair today and good news.....I am one of the newest employees of KI! LOL

I will be working on Italian Job:Stunt Track, which you all love to hate, lol. So just letting you all know that more than likely you can find me helping out on IJ:ST all summer long from opening day to closing day!

I do have one question though...when I was hired and asked what ride I would like to be on I noticed that each ride has a limit to how many people of various ages can work the ride. For example on IJ:ST it seemed that only 3-15yr olds, 3-16 yr olds, 2-17 year olds, and 2-18 year olds could be assigned to IJ from the beginning of the season....why is this so? Also my interviewer seemed to be very happy that I was the first 18 year old assigned to IJ:ST this year, why is that?

Thanks guys!

Also my interviewer seemed to be very happy that I was the first 18 year old assigned to IJ:ST this year, why is that

LOL......because as a 18 yr. old they are not required to give you the breaks that they have to give all the other people on the crew. They are most likely happy because they know that now they have a person who can work all day without having to take a break.

Also my interviewer seemed to be very happy that I was the first 18 year old assigned to IJ:ST this year, why is that

LOL......because as a 18 yr. old they are not required to give you the breaks that they have to give all the other people on the crew. They are most likely happy because they know that now they have a person who can work all day without having to take a break.

R u serious or just trying to be funny? He said something about how there was not a supervisor assigned to that ride yet as well or something to that effect.

In regards to an employee that is 18 years or older, you do not have to take a break if you do not want to but minors under 18 MUST take a break or KI will be written up. I can not think of a manager or supervisor saying they do not have to give an 18 year old a break. In a pinch I might do it if I was working less than 5 hours but there is no way I wil not take a break. In besides, who wants to miss out on all that great food and prices over at Oscars!! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Mike

Cory, you mentioned 15 year olds. I`m fairly certain that in the state of Ohio, ride operators must be 16 years or older. I remember hearing one of my managers at Coney say that they hired a 15 year old (who turned 16 at the end of June, and he was relegated to working the pedal boats and baby bumper boats, because those rides were not mechanical rides, until he turned 16.

It's always been policy of the park to give folks breaks on their shifts no matter what the age. You just have to be less careful about the timing of the break.

That might be the policy however not always the way it went..... Early 80's there was a requirement to take breaks however those were not always enforced. There was also a cap on how much overtime you could work but this was often over looked. This was the way it was in rides. In the 90's in entertainment dept the cast and crew all took breaks at the same time for obvious reasons. They were strict on anyone under 17 years of age who was in the shows. they had to be clocked out by 10. We were not on hourly wages. You signed a basic contract and was paid salary, this was the same for cast and crew, you had a in and out date. Since most of the cast was from other States they left when contract was up. A lot of local cast and crew would stay after the contracts to earn extra money. However in the entertainment dept breaks and such were strictly enforced! Not the same for rides back in the day. But then again a lot of things have changed since the 80's. I think I will write a blog on the 80s to go with my website....lol

maybe it started at 16, I didnt get all that great of a luck at the paper...it was upside down and in the managers hands, I was just trying to see how it was setup, and if being the oldest on the ride would mean anything.

Probably should have gone for warehouse man.

oh really? whys that? lol

Well, I can tell ya in Food Service we Never let folk even opt to skip a break if they worked line.

There was no such thing as "overtime" lol and I can't think of a week that I put in less than 60 or 65 hours as a cashierforeman or supervisor.

Heck, you'd get there and play softball on the park teams, work all day and go to Gold Star and pound beer until they closed. Then you'd crash some and start it all over again.

Cory, just so you know having an 18 year old on a ride helps out the ride a lot. Not only because of the breaks thing(meaning, Sups don't have to worry about putting you on a break at a certain time whereas they have to worry about minors or they will minor violate, aka. Go 5 hours without a break which is no good). You can be trained to operate the ride, thats an everybody thing(not just supervisors), provided you do a good job and the sups trust you. And if you are 18, signed off to run the ride, and trustworthy, you could possibly be left in charge so your sup doesn't have to be on the ride at all times(like if they need a break or something.)Just so you know!

Well being 18 helps you a lot in this day and age at Kings Island, when I was a manager in games (I was 16) I had some nights where I would have some trouble running into the 5 hr law. There were times where I had to switch people in and out but I had to hurry because I knew that there was the 5 hr rule and i was getting close to it. Now I never got extrememly close to it or hit it, but once I turn 18 things will be much easier because I will take my break when I can, and not when I have to. Also there were a couple 18 year old assocaites in my area and while almost all the time they didn't work 5 consecutive hours it was nice because if you ran into a pinch they could bail you out. (A reason they are happy you are 18) This labor law is enough to make me really want turn 18. Also at 18 in rides you can become a supervisor...good luck!