Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

No, there is something there. What is that buildng in pretty much the center of the picture, in the center of the path? The one with the new metal roof similar to the DB gift shop, and station.

DBwebcam2.jpg

looks like restrooms to me, but i'm only about 45% sure.....

Perhaps it is just me (I am on dialup tonight), but I see nothing.

When the camera turns it is blury for a few seconds

Has that little gazebo always been there??

~Ash

That little gazebo has been there for several years (at least 20). It was originally the home of Rivertown Age and Weight, but has since been turned into a little fish pond game. The small building adjacent to the gazebo is the squirt game.

Looks like shade tarps are being installed in DB queue. (Upper right corner)

bdqueue.jpg

It also looks like they have planted some grass seed because it appears they have spread some hay. I am disapointed with the covering style they have chosen for the que line. Granted, I am happy to have some covering, but I wish they had chosen something different.

I really like the light fixtures that they have put up. They look modern, but yet also have a touch of nostalgia that reflects the old gas lamps that used to light the area. I wonder if the two little stubs on the lamp posts (seen in this picture) will be used to hang banners, similar to what can be found on light posts at Carowinds as seen in the picture below.

IMG_5213.jpg

I do like the lamp posts in the link you provided. It is something different and more decorative than the big 'box' lights. Also, I does appear they may be planning on hanging banners on the light posts.

rivertownarea.png

What is the building that is just to the right of the DB que and the building just above that one. Also, what is the building at the bottome right of this photo.

Edit: Can someone tell me how to put me last three posts into one post. I have been going through the last few pages and have been replying to posts as I see them. I forgot that I could quote several posts and then reply when I was done?

No, there is something there. What is that buildng in pretty much the center of the picture, in the center of the path? The one with the new metal roof similar to the DB gift shop, and station.

DBwebcam2.jpg

I was thinking that building would be for the on ride photos but i have no idea for sure.

I`d like to remind everyone what Ryan stated yesterday:

+++Side Note+++

A note to all Kings Island associates --

Please remember that if you are a Kings Island associate that you are NOT to post any information that is not public knowledge on KICentral. Anyone who posts information outside of public domain will have their posts removed and their information will be sent to the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company. Associates know what can and can not be posted.

Thanks,

Ryan

On-ride photo will be inside the gift shop exit building, I'm pretty sure. That little food stand has been there for quite a long time.

The building above it is a midway game, water squirt I believe. Also old.

I remembered the one building being the game, but the one in question for some reason I have no recollection of. It's probably the angle of the webcam. It makes everything look a lot different than what it looks like from the ground.

I can only think of one complaint, and i'll get over it quickly, but I spy some Firehawk-esque canopies over the queue...Here's hoping for some hard core mister fans when it get's hot and sunny.

Sorry, I just noticed this was already mentioned, I didn't wait on the whole page to load before I posted...

^^Well, there's definitely far more to complain about...but while the queue shade doesn't have the most theming in the world, the money is probably better spent at other places.

At least there is shade! You could be in Fahrenheit's queue at Hersheypark being fried like 10 cent egg at a cheaper diner on 78/22!! <_<