The Son of Beast Discussion Thread

BoddaH1994

http://www.visitking...ry.cfm?ac_id=18

Well, a small tidbit of information on Son of Beast from KI's website. It no longer says "closed for the rest of 2009" under "Son of Beast". And the ride is still listed. It could mean nothing, and only confuses us more, but I thought it was worth noting.

Already noted here in this thread nearly two weeks ago in posts 1914 and 1920:

http://www.KICentral...ndpost&p=351796

http://www.KICentral...ndpost&p=351803

My thought is that they are just waiting to announce its demise. They want to keep the future up in the air and sell as many passes as possible. Announcing the removal of SoB may hurt those sales. If it is being removed, I predict that we won't hear anything until April, at the earliest.

How would it decrease sales? If anything, sales would increase!:lol:

My thought is that they are just waiting to announce its demise. They want to keep the future up in the air and sell as many passes as possible. Announcing the removal of SoB may hurt those sales. If it is being removed, I predict that we won't hear anything until April, at the earliest.

I am not trying to disagree with you, but, I have a difficult time believing that any ride, especially one that has had as much downtime as SoB, would have that much of a negative effect on season pass sales.

KI was a great park before SoB, and it will continue to be a great park if a decision to remove it is made.

Have to be honest, I'm almost in the middle of Cedar Point and Kings Island. If Son of Beast were to be closed forever, I would stop going down to KI, and just go up to CP. I know a good amount of people hate it, but I for one, love it. It's the reason I choose KI over CP.

I agree with this logic.... "We have 14 World Class Coasters! Wait... make that 13!"

Or they could always change the way they count their coasters to get the same number.  If they don't count Racer as two or Avatar as a coaster, they could easily do that.  Also, did park attendance go down when SoB closed?  Not noticeably.

I'm sure attendance didn't drop but it made other lines longer. :(

What else could they possibly do to SOB in order for it to not fall apart more than it already has and keep riders safe all the time. I doubt it will be standing in the next 2 years Apollo won't risk it anymore I am sure but who knows. Cedar Fair&Apollo are reviewing the options right now maybe if they own the parks but I would not be surprised if its removed. :(

What else could they possibly do to SOB in order for it to not fall apart more than it already has and keep riders safe all the time. I doubt it will be standing in the next 2 years Apollo won't risk it anymore I am sure but who knows. Cedar Fair&Apollo are reviewing the options right now maybe if they own the parks but I would not be surprised if its removed. :(

Apollo should not be involved in the day to day management of Cedar Fair at this point. In fact, the 40 day "shop to others" period is underway. After that, 2/3 of the units would have to vote in favor of this 'merger' for it to take effect. It is far from a foregone conclusion that Apollo will end up owning Cedar Fair.

Thats probaly because with the small trains the capcity sucked.

And, since SoB's uptime has been poor at best, people were always wondering if the issues were fixed and would try it out when the opportunity presented itself.

I've been waiting in that line hoping for a different ride.

Needless to say, I couldn't remember my name after the ride let alone how the ride actually was. wink.gif

ha, sob was a major attraction in the park. it had a line when the park had an average crowd. even after the ride was closed people would still run to it when the park opened. to your average park goer it wasn't a rcca or part premier or gerstlauer. it was a giant coaster in Action Zone that had some mystery to it. I don't see why it's so hard to grasp SOB with a line? I waited in line plenty of times this season. Usually 15-30min on an average day during the regular season. Sometimes there would be an hour and a half line. Most people I hear doubting the line I bet rarely rode SOB this year.