Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

^Jcgoble3, I first off wanted to say thank you for all those pictures you posted. Second, I was curious, what is that last picture of? Is that some kind of footer?

Yes, that's a footer. The big hole in the middle looked to be at least five to six feet deep, possibly deeper depending on how much water was in it. I don't know what's going in that footer other than likely part number C10L, whatever that is.

• Like 1

^ that code number (and the similars) could be found on the blueprint. C, I would believe, just stands for "coaster" because most of the footers have that, with the exception of a few. For instance, the station footers used an S, transfer used a T, I believe. 10 is just the "row" number (since there's 2 supports per "row"). And the L is for left, much like the right footer would have an R.

• Like 4

^ that code number (and the similars) could be found on the blueprint. C, I would believe, just stands for "coaster" because most of the footers have that, with the exception of a few. For instance, the station footers used an S, transfer used a T, I believe. 10 is just the "row" number (since there's 2 supports per "row"). And the L is for left, much like the right footer would have an R.

Cool! Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

The webcam has been very stagnant lately, I'm not sure why, I'm just ready to see movement

The crane was "down" this morning, both when I drove by and noticed on my way to work and when I went and checked on the web cam when I got into the office. I just checked again, and the crane is now "up" though I didn't see any clear signs of construction either time (its hard to tell anything other than the installation of supports/track that far away) the web cam was definently not stuck.

Yesterday, the appeared to be setting up a lot of suppors by where the dive loop will be, I'll assume stagging it for construction in the near future.

Looks like they are decking out the brake run today. I'm guessing they will have to put rails up around it after that. After that, Idk what else they have to assemble in the transfer area, but I am starting to assume they will finish all of that before they start to get into the rest of the supports and track.

IF the scream is to be included, I'd suggest a few guidelines. First, it shouldn't happen to often as it would get very annoying. Secondly, it should be completely random to add in that fear factor. If they're keeping the night ride hype to it, maybe only do the screams after dusk or so, maybe time it to where a sensor randomly sets off the noise in the queue/station as it goes through the dive loop or first loop (random as in it would do it every other 2-3 passes or so).

However, do NOT use on-board sound to pull it off.

• Like 5

A sound being annoying because it's heard every cycle

Dragster seems to do just fine and it's not annoying?

Except when it glitches and gets stuck on a loop and won't launch.

"Keep your hands down and…" "Keep your hands down and…"

Sigh.

When it repeats "hands down" over and over without launching, that's triggered manually by the launch operator because somebody on the train has their hands up. For safety reasons, they will not launch the train while anyone has their hands up.

• Like 3