Decoding 2020

fryoj

9 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Green lanterns, Kingda Ka, Helix, Hulk, Raptor are what come to mind

Don’t forget Hydra at Dorney!

EDIT: Also Tantrum at Darian Lake and I think Cheetah Hunt.

EDIT2: Plus both Green Lanturn coasters and Riddler’s Revenge (the SFMM coaster and the SFNE SLC)

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 4:17 PM, fryoj said:

It seems to suggest that you think they might be changing the lift hill height. They absolutely do not make changes to the structure this late in the process. I'd wager that the final design and layout of this coaster has been nailed down for over a year. What the electrical plans have will be the same that CSF have and what B&M designed. When KI signed off on this(probably in 2017 if not earlier), the changes to the ride were done. 

No was not suggesting that, just giving some clarification on what the date on the drawings mean. Its possible -- but not likely -- that the electrical designer may have had outdated information.  Since the finished pieces started showing up early this spring at CSF, the shop drawings were probably approved late in 2018.

20 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Green lanterns, Kingda Ka, Helix, Hulk, Raptor are what come to mind

Red and blue are still dominant when it comes to coaster colors though

Cheetah Hunt @ Busch Gardens Tampa as well!

22 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Yes, but I’m starting to agree that once grand carnivale is over, they will start teasing

Yeah I'm starting to think that too since there is only two days left lol 

Now I'm wondering if it will be Monday, the day after GC ends, or next Friday or even later ... or maybe none at all. At least it is finally July so stuff should get interesting real soon. I'm mostly looking forward to having the theme and name confirmed/announced. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm looking forward to announcement day. I wonder if it will be announced midday like the antique cars or after 10 pm like Banshee and Mystic Timbers. 

Recently it has been at night with Banshee and Mystic Timbers, however that was when there was a lot left to speculate and a lot of unkowns. This time around almost everything has been found out, similar to Diamondback, which leads me to believe its a day announcement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SonofBaconator said:

Recently it has been at night with Banshee and Mystic Timbers, however that was when there was a lot left to speculate and a lot of unkowns. This time around almost everything has been found out, similar to Diamondback, which leads me to believe its a day announcement.

I think the night announcements were more for them to use the whole day to hype it up. Which imo that's the best way to do it. 

• Like 2

I think the night announcements not only were a way to hype it up throughout the day, but also play into the theme of both of the rides.

Speaking of night, I’d imagine this coaster (similar to The Beast) to shut down during the fireworks due to its close proximity (assuming they don’t change the launch location).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

Speaking of night, I’d imagine this coaster (similar to The Beast) to shut down during the fireworks due to its close proximity (assuming they don’t change the launch location).

I was thinking the same thing. It would kill its ridership if it did close down, especially with it being a new ride.

Maybe they'll relocate the launchpad to another location

I was thinking the same thing. It would kill its ridership if it did close down, especially with it being a new ride.
Maybe they'll relocate the launchpad to another location

I don’t know if it will kill it’s ridership, but I can see where you’re coming from. If it does suspend operation during the fireworks, I don’t think it will take nearly as long as The Beast to be cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the park will suspend operations for the new coaster as Racer, WindSeeker, and Vortex all remain open before and during the fireworks. Beast is the only one that suspends operations for the fireworks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Has anyone discussed what the angle of the drop will be? The drop in the video looks like it could be an 85 degree drop.

The drop will be between 80-82 degrees. I’m estimating 81 degrees for this coaster. This drop will feel and look very similar to Leviathan’s, which by the way is IMO a top 3 drop in the world, only behind Fury 325 and Millennium Force!

• Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic