Jump to content

Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex


Klabergian Empire

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Fishleehooker said:

So they move Orion's camera so we could see the rest of the construction. But am I the only one that thinks they made a point to turn it towards a big portion of Vortex?  I think we may see it come dow pretty soon. Then again I am wrong at least over half the time. 

I believe they are removing Vortex after Winterfest. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I nominate this to replace Vortex!

Let’s take a breath first. We don’t even know what it can do yet. Yes it looks like an RMC track but can it do inversions or anything special. I will say it definitely looks interesting and is exciting to see what it can do.   

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hueney020 said:

Let’s take a breath first. We don’t even know what it can do yet. Yes it looks like an RMC track but can it do inversions or anything special. I will say it definitely looks interesting and is exciting to see what it can do.   

That is all true, but I am really excited to see what GCI can do with this. They already said at IAPPA that their new Infinity Flyer trains can handle launches and inversions, and I think that would be awesome. It would be nice to see GCI’s take on a hybrid, and considering Cedar Fair’s history with GCI, I could see them working with them if they want another hybrid considering the problems Steel Vengeance is causing for them.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ethancoaster said:

I know it’s not the most appropriate thread for this, but what if this track was applied to the straightaways on The Beast? The trims could be taken off and they could run the thing at full speed.

That has the potential to be really cool, but I see it as unlikely considering how much it would cost to completely re-track The Beast with this, and I know some people would protest if Kings Island touched The Beast. Still, cool idea!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That has the potential to be really cool, but I see it as unlikely considering how much it would cost to completely re-track The Beast with this, and I know some people would protest if Kings Island touched The Beast. Still, cool idea!

I’m not suggesting a full retrack, but just the sections of track that have the highest levels of stress put on them. Pretty much any area near the trims.

Also, full disclosure, but I’ve yet to visit Kings Island. So I know I’m not qualified to talk about the level of quality with the track.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That has the potential to be really cool, but I see it as unlikely considering how much it would cost to completely re-track The Beast with this, and I know some people would protest if Kings Island touched The Beast. Still, cool idea!

I'd highly consider chaining myself to the tracks then!!  Don't change my beast!! That came out wrong. Don't change The Beast!!  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ethancoaster said:

I know it’s not the most appropriate thread for this, but what if this track was applied to the straightaways on The Beast? The trims could be taken off and they could run the thing at full speed.

Definitely wouldn't be in the park's best interest to retrack The Beast. Seeing as it was an in-house project, the last thing they want to do is throw a bunch of proprietary pieces onto it so they have to wait weeks for OEM replacement parts when it needs repairs. If I'm not mistaken, Vortex had to shut down for a couple of weeks a few years back because of a lift mechanism failure.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, CorkscrewMcPuke said:

Definitely wouldn't be in the park's best interest to retrack The Beast. Seeing as it was an in-house project, the last thing they want to do is throw a bunch of proprietary pieces onto it so they have to wait weeks for OEM replacement parts when it needs repairs. If I'm not mistaken, Vortex had to shut down for a couple of weeks a few years back because of a lift mechanism failure.

The chain broke in summer 2011

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I watched in the loop's latest video on Iron Gwazi and let me say. Imagine that type of RMC lift structure towering in the back of the park where Vortex was.

 

If only...

That would be so amazing and there is a chance it could happen...but then again, there is that new GCI hybrid, and we haven't seen what the're able to do.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm also starting to think that it doesn't have to be a coaster to go into that plot of land. If CF really wants to spread out coasters and do more interactive experiences, then I think they could do something like a Forbidden Frontier and/or a midway expansion there. Yes, that land is perfect for a coaster, but if this was in fact a last minute decision and they want to find something to put there fast, then maybe a 2021/22 Forbidden Frontier type attraction is a possibility. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 9:33 AM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm also starting to think that it doesn't have to be a coaster to go into that plot of land. If CF really wants to spread out coasters and do more interactive experiences, then I think they could do something like a Forbidden Frontier and/or a midway expansion there. Yes, that land is perfect for a coaster, but if this was in fact a last minute decision and they want to find something to put there fast, then maybe a 2021/22 Forbidden Frontier type attraction is a possibility. 

I would hope it would be a coaster, but then again, I have not experienced Forbidden Frontier for myself yet, so I don't know what its like. An RMC launched Hybrid would be my personal pic, but a great hybrid would do just fine. A B&M dive would fit there wonderfully as well though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be very surprised if we get another coaster so soon. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More than likely it's for overseas, or it's dive coaster track for Emperor at Seaworld San Diego, normally domestic track doesn't show up outside until around July or August. Yukon was an exception because of the work they had to do around Vortex and take out sections of track to fit and lower pieces of track into that tunnel.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...