Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Captain Nemo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Captain Nemo

  1. Under the description for Carmen Electra on the Hall of Fame page,
  2. Updated the poll with 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013.
  3. Finally, that basketball game would be gone! As an added note, upon passing Sling Shot, it could angle slightly in any direction toward AZ so it is not one long path.
  4. Shouldn't that Water Tower be red?
  5. While we are on the topic of upcoming attractions, TG93 talked to me the other day about a new expansion opportunity now that Thunder Ally is gone. Check it out, Coneys walkway could actually be expanded into Action Zone, thus eliminating the dead end status of the zone. It just squeezes by Sling Shot. The only thing that would need to be changed is the entry and exit for Adventure Express (which couldn't hurt, the ride needs some love and I think a better entrance may help its popularity. Plus, with the rumors about a Action Zone expansion, and the talk on this site of it maybe taking over Oktoberfest, it makes sense to re-profile AEs entry for a more modern touch if AZ does expand into the area. What do you think, I just think it is crazy how the path expands perfectly into the lonely back area or AZ.
  6. I have heard a lot of park guests talk about Outer Hanks as their favorite food joint in the park. I'd love to see a photo of it in the wintertime! I wonder how it looks right now!
  7. I'm pretty sure the Drum show was in the way more than the water tower.
  8. I wish I had time to get a burrito last year, I will have to get one this year after all the good reviews I'm hearing!
  9. Cedar Points does not have that bad of a smell. I quite like theirs. Besides, KI only likes using live animals for a haunt maze...
  10. Same article.Now obviously you will have the group that accidentally trips and falls, though that does not make it a public issue. We have been using streets and sidewalks for centuries now, if it was such a problem we would in this day and age stopped using the design. Would you rather have a few lawsuits over trips and slips due to sidewalks... or no lawsuits, while ensuring that the area is much more wheelchair and stroller accessible? I'd rather have a park that looks pleasant. Does not matter how many preventative things you add to an establishment, people will always find a way to hurt themselves. Having a simple sidewalk is not a dominant safety concern.
  11. I love hanging out at outer hanks, its such a nice place to rest and relax. Its one of my favorite locations in the park and I look forward to hanging out there for years to come.
  12. And there would have been no changes if they had just kept it running backwards.
  13. Same article. Now obviously you will have the group that accidentally trips and falls, though that does not make it a public issue. We have been using streets and sidewalks for centuries now, if it was such a problem we would in this day and age stopped using the design.
  14. Never heard of Disney having issues with tripping on their streets. Plus, lets have KI fix their parking lot, then we can talk about people tripping inside the park.
  15. Well now a new problem has occurred, I was trying to change over to the new theme and accidentally clicked on the mobile theme and now I am unable to change it back. There is no option to change the theme. The 'full version' button at the page does nothing. Edit: Thanks Malem! I have the full version back now.
  16. I like how International Street is actually a street. Why change what works? Both Paramount and Cedar Fair are guilty of taking out or changing parts of that park that didn't need change or de-themeing.
  17. The road on the far left is the access road that was between the lift hill and the hills after the drop out of the station To the right of the road on the far right was where the first drop and loop were. The dirt at the bottom of the photo is were the helix after the loop used to be. Cant wait to see this area maybe 5 years from now.
  18. I would first fix the theming in the park that is already there, just not working. FoF is a big one.
  19. Not sure where to begin with this one. I do. As being one who has been on two different 4D coasters and two different Wing Rider coasters, let me settle this long dispute between the two by saying... Wingriders in no way compare to the amazingness of 4D Coasters!!!! One coaster literally sends your definition of gravity, whats up and whats down, out the door. The other gives the sensation of flying, while keeping your sense of direction in play. I wasn't wow'ed by any of the wing rider (X-Flight, Wild Eagle) coasters. Yes they are fun, but as soon as I hit the final breaks the same thing keeps running through my mind, "Meh, I'm over it". Where-as both 4D coasters (eejanaika, X2) left me completely awe struck.
  20. This may be a long answer for you, Don, but I have always wondered... How much do new projects at other parks (not owned by Cedar Fair) affect CF or KI's decision in new attractions, shows, and events? Do you look into how guests at those parks react to their new attraction and base what you find as research for a potential attraction here at Kings Island? Also, are there circumstances where you and another park not owned by CF may work together to complete a common goal?
  21. I miss Rivertown. Diamondback really did a horrible job to the area. Don't get me wrong I think DB is a great ride, I would rather have the Rivertown that truly had the essence of the old west than the city street it is now. That place is one step from having a sports bar in Rivertown Junction.
  22. I seems to be a reoccurring theme, everything at the park today is pretty mediocre when compared to its original/former state.
  23. Kings Island: 2 KI fans: 0
  24. Valid point, difference is this park is closed. Who wants to live in a town where they have abandoned buildings/coasters? Everyone here on the site complained about SOB for the last 3 years. It is an eye sore when it is just SBNO.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.