Everything posted by Thrill_Biscuit
-
WLWT Video About Kings Island 2008
^^ You got me! Just taking a s.w.a.g. at it. If the "spectacular" new attraction happens to not be a coaster, the Huss Jump2 is the only "spectacular" flat I could think of (I'm sure there are many other "spectacular" flats). ^Yes, but any ride can be themed.
-
WLWT Video About Kings Island 2008
This is exciting. I, for one, don't want to Jump 2 any conclusions about what's being built at the former Swan Lake until all the facts are squared away.
-
Something Else Old Becomes New Again
Nice. Visually, the entrance is still wonderful, and that new sign is well placed. All that's needed is some orchestral ambiance, and voila! (yes, I've written... ).
-
Kings Island Roller Coaster Music
Yes! Or, 'It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"
-
Kings Island Roller Coaster Music
^Hey, Mr. Roboto is one of my fave "Guilty Pleasure" songs! [edit] I'd better define that for those who might not know what that means: A song you like to listen to, but are afraid to let others know you like it. Like "Xanadu" by Olivia Newton John & ELO for Zephyr, for example.
-
Kings Island Roller Coaster Music
Yeah. I'm not sure how many people know who Rush are, or would recognize any of their songs these days. True pioneers, and no rock band today sounds like they weren't influenced by their sound in some way. Amazing talent on bass and drums (Alex isn't too shabby, either).
-
Kings Island Roller Coaster Music
Is he saying "never gonna"? I thought he was saying "then I'm gonna"! (sounds a heck of a lot funnier the other way, doesn't it?)
-
Kings Island Roller Coaster Music
^The Professor on drums! I forgot "La Villa Strangiato!" (I don't think there's a ride long enough, though). And for FOF there's the classic "Cygnus X-1", or at least the part right after the Rocinante spirals past the event horizon... pure!
-
What is the worst roller coaster you have ever been on. EVER?
Top Gun (Flight Deck). It's too short.
-
Should the train be the next Nostalgia Reclamation project
...and Beast can be camouflaged! That would be wild! [biscuit scans his desktop...let me see.....Adobe.....Photo....]
-
Should the train be the next Nostalgia Reclamation project
^Here, here! Add "Zodiac" and "Der Spinnen Keggers" to the list of nostalgic rides. Things can seem so simple from out here in Kings Island fanland. What would it take to send a team of people in to restore the theming on the train? I guess it would take a lot more than just bidding out a few contracts to one painting company and one building company, etc. I'm just glad to hear the train whistle still echoing through the park. With the band organ music gone from the Grand Carousel, and adult contemporary music "gracing" the Fountains of International Street, at least the eerily harmonic steam whistle still brings some 'nostalgia' to the KI experience.
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
That would be an intense ride, especially at night!
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
Oh, Terpy, Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? Well, if you're going to put a melody in our heads, at least you chose one with a 'troika' beat.
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
If nostalgia was such a big concern, I'd go the cheap route, leave Racer alone and put international music back on Internatinal Street...
-
Quassy Proposal (2 rides) Sparks Concern From Residents
I told you no good would come from you city folks and your flyin' machines! ["Old Man Jenkins," "The Sponge Who Could Fly," Nickelodeon, 2003]
-
The K.I. Coaster Accident Thread
If you have the patience, you might go to Google News, keywords "Kings Island", "accident", and then click on "All Dates" in the "Archives" frame. You'll have to sort out headlines like "Kings Island Closes Ride after Kentucky Accident.", but there are at least 10 pages (default) that pop up. I appreciate all the work KI does to ensure the safety of its guests. I'm sure that if you did a pie chart of KI "safe operating days" versus ride accidents over the last 36 seasons, it would look like Pac Man with his mouth closed.
-
Would You rather QUIZ
I keep referring to the rides by their "original" names, too. I can't cross over from IJST to BLSC. Can't do it. Yet.
-
KI commercial
And the weather today has me in the perfect mood to see said commercial!
-
Kings Island Roller Coaster Music
Reptar: "It's Not Easy Being Green"
-
Kings Island Roller Coaster Music
BLSC - "Red Barchetta" by Rush Beast - "Wherever I May Roam" by Metallica AE - "Where's My Thing by Rush" (okay, I'm a Rush fan) Vortex - "La Do Da" by Journey SDATHC - ABACAB by Genesis (kinda sounds Scoobish)
-
Kings Island "Old School"
Wow! Awesome, Brown! First time I've seen this one... Great! It's neat to see the ol' Demon with its lights, and the tower with the red aircraft warning lights. Good to see Zodiac in motion, too! The Bat really rocked (literally!) Great post!
-
Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Well, it's been awhile since I've seen KI from the south (now red) side going forward. No Zodiac. No Giant Slide. It's going to be an interesting experience.
-
When did you join KICentral?
I can see where, in the era of "Hannah Montana" you might hear kids asking that question.
-
SFGAd: "I have the power to kill you just by pressing these two buttons"
The real power comes in having the integrity and self-reliability to NOT press the buttons if there is any doubt of safety.
-
undecided whether the Backward Racer will turn around according to screamscape
Hey, the video's workin'! I wonder how much down time is involved in switching the train configuration, in case the 'decision' comes after the park opens...