Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thrill_Biscuit

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thrill_Biscuit

  1. Hmm. I wonder if they will be in the market for a Wheel of Fortune ride, or perhaps high-stakes Skiball. Will the carousel feature a track announcer? Okay, I'm done...
  2. (...but ignore the Paramount sign )
  3. ^ Yep. Your teacher fully believes that you're 100% focused on your schoolwork!
  4. Please, feel free to use my avatar for your widget! I'm honored! (please credit appropriately) Please PM me for the original. -tb
  5. ^Or Dubai, where they're building the world's most impressive new skylines, complete with the amazing "Burj Al Arab" and "Burj Dubai". I think Intamin would have its work cut out for it if it were ever to build a lattice tower to their high-reaching standards... (link): Burj Dubai
  6. It's amazing how someone with so much fame and fortune could end up so deep in a financial hole.
  7. Yes there is: "Kings Island is for rides. Wait 16 years, young thrill biscuit of 1981: then you can play Pac Man all day for free at home on something that will be called 'Playstation!'"
  8. I wonder if any of the local TV stations has any archive film/video of the construction of the tower (or the whole park for that matter)? I'm sure there had to be some kind of story about this giant amusement center being built between Cincinnati and Dayton. It would be cool to see some guy in a plaid sport suit, with porkchop sideburns and giant sunglasses, reporting from the site of the "New Coney Island location in Kings Mills"... I saw in another post last year, that there are some construction pictures somewhere in one of the offices.
  9. I remember a trip in 1981, when my dad gave us each $10 to spend in the park. The golden age of arcade gaming was upon us. I had heard that Kings Island had a huge arcade in the vicinity of the Monster, and I was impressed with the selection. There were the usuals: Pac Man, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Galaxian, etc. But there were also some very unusual ones, like "Steeplechase", "Shoot Out", and driving simulators that were pretty much just a bunch of white lines with the occasional vector cow. I looked forward to hours of video bliss, only to find that every machine took at least 3 quarters to play (1 quarter was the standard in 1981), and that the machines were all somehow set to maximum speed/difficulty. I think my whole ten bucks was gone in about 10 short minutes. Oh, well. The Racer was right there, and the lines were pretty short. Not a total loss.
  10. Wow! Awesome find! That's the fourth different name I've seen for the tower ("Kings Island Tower", "Eiffel Tower", "Lattice Tower", and now "Paris Tower"). "Kings Island Tower" is what Mason locals called it; I don't know if that was ever an official name for it. Cool. Great Post! [EDIT] ...and "Lattice" tower I found on the Intamin web site.
  11. Is the band organ gone, or just not operating? That is a piece of KI's character. If it's gone, that's too bad.
  12. ^ I got it. Jagger?...it'd be the only way to get the poperazzi all up out of her face, methinks!
  13. Williams also did the March theme from the movie "1941", which I think would make an awesome fountain song for I street! Frank Zappa was an extreme pusher of the musical envelope, and very outside the box lyrics! Like Trent Reznor meets Danny Elfman meets George Carlin... very unique.
  14. I'd say Trek... Musically, I like Trek because of the many different moving and powerful themes from the late Jerry Goldsmith. John Williams' work is awesome, and his themes are so much a part of his SW films, that they would seem out of place if used for ambiance in anything other than a dedicated Star Wars-themed area. I don't think Trek has gone 'Jar-Jar Binks' with any of its characters yet. Both franchises have had both very cool concepts and very silly premises. Both have had notable plot holes and script train wrecks, but have maintained their fan bases. If I had a preference, I'd say just play some Trek themes in the park again. The Trek music did make an awesome background to the fountains on International Street back in the PKI days.
  15. I take back my mis-guided and overly verbose "physics-y" loop thingy I wrote about the rumored Demon "accident". I was just in a goofy mood that day; trying to be funny. I didn't mean any harm. (Yep, I know 'derivative calculus' is not a verb (actually, it's an adjective and a noun )). I was just trying to say that, if it had happened, the dude would've had to have worked at it. But, no, I never heard that rumor. -tb
  16. Beastfan26, That is a very cool drawing. You obviously have got talent! (Your avatar is very nice, too. I'm flattered you used my tower construction pic to make it). All the Best, Thrill Biscuit.
  17. Yes! And have the "Knights Who Say 'Nee!'" guarding the entry, a vorpal bunny rabbit that lunges out at you as you enter the tomb, and a rope bridge with a Terry Gilliam Bridge Troll who asks 3 questions. Getting a question right or wrong sends you flying into the Gorge of Dispair! Python fans would go nuts! (And thanks for the compliment on the Road Rage idea.)
  18. For something totally original, here's something I dreamed up for Swan Lake: A combination Skyscraper-Frisbee-Inverted Zipper. It would spin, flip, turn, pretty much disorient and thrill unlike anything I've ever seen. Original Artwork by Thrill Biscuit
  19. I drew this about three years ago: My idea for an NFL-themed Tilt-a-Whirl:
  20. This is the best and most unique idea I've heard in a long time. LOVE IT. I'm also among those that want a ferris wheel...but I want the 09 coaster too! Thanks, dtf. I'd also be happy with a new coaster over a Ferris Wheel, but there have been times when more than one attraction has been added to a park in the same year. That rumored activity around Swan Lake...verrry interesting! (Don't know what it is exactly, so I'll just daydream about the possibilities).
  21. An NFL-themed Tilt-a-Whirl, with Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Colts helmet-painted cars, & stadium theming... A Ferris Wheel, themed to look like an old mill wheel in Rivertown... A Flying Scooter, painted to look like patriotic eagles, somewhere near the 50's Diner...
  22. Awesome fast response by the staff seems to have saved this boy! He's alert and talking. Outstanding. It's great to see a happy ending to this story!
  23. Does anyone else remember a sheet of water on Raging Thunder, that would shut off right before your log got to it?
  24. Piece by piece, the Lesourdsville Lake/Fantasy Farm area is fading away into the monotonous, cut-and-paste suburban landscape of sprawl. The only landmark that has been consistent throughout my lifetime is that rusty blue water tower that let you know you were close to the park. That swinging ship at the front of the park wasn't there the last time I visited (twice, in 1986, when it was Americana). There used to be something that looked like a cross between a ferris wheel and a zipper (an Electric Rainbow was also highly visible as you entered the parking lot). Now, it's an RV lot, and you can almost hear the earth movers coming. I hope each piece brings fun and joy to the new riders, wherever they end up.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.