Everything posted by Avatar
-
New PKI Video
Kinda makes me wanna make another trip. Actually I enjoyed watching the video. I think Delrium changing colors was a nice effect!
-
Changes for 2007
I have heard some dates. But I will just have to tell you there could be somthing better!
-
Holiday World & Spahsin' Safari: New for 2007
I think that we will haft to include Holiday World in our plans next year. We haven’t been in over four years and it’s about time we did!!
-
Official PKIC Trip?
I know not much has been said about the trip lately but everyday that goes by more and more details are being worked out. Obliviously Admin’s have been helping out with this project and they have been a great help in tying to get details arranged that I wouldn’t have had the ability to get those special features to the trip done. Its really hard not to tell everyone what we are trying to arrange but we haft to because if we announce some features to the trip then something falls through then it would put a damper on the trip. So when we get all the arrangements finalized and confirmed dates with all parties involved then we will let the cat out of the bag!! It‘ll be a relief to share with you guys all the details, so I hope it happens soon! I‘m real glad that the Admin‘s have gotten involved because it allows us to use their influences to help make this trip possible (you know given us those extra benefits). As if meeting up with fellow members and experiencing other parks with each other wasn’t enough. Let me also say that the Admin’s are really excited about this trip and are really doing a lot to make it as good of a experience as possible for those who do attend. I have been working the figures so that what ever the final number of members going it won’t make a much difference in the price. Have A Great Evening! Avatar
-
2007 Season Passes On Sale Now!
I'm glad they keep them around the same but now that they are offering a Jr. Maxx for $79.00 I'm thiking we will get max passes for all three of us. I gues we'll be getting around next year alot.
-
Official PKIC Trip?
I wonder whats taking so long, does anybody have any udates on the trip?
-
How many times did you visit the park this season?
and after this weekend add two more. how much is to much!!
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
If they don’t think all the taxes that we pay for everything we do in the area including hotel taxes, food & beverages, gas, sales tax and the support of local jobs that pay income tax isn't enough to help with what we use, then they need to look at how they are spending their money and make adjustments. My community does not charge visitors when they visit we rely on their spending in the area like everyone else who lives in the area.
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
I read the artical and that is why I resonded to it and at times refered to it. they want to give a tax credit to thier citizens who work outside thier district but they don't know how to replace around 2 million they would loss in doing so. They think if they charge $1.00 for a gate tax it will give them around 3 million, and that would cover the tax break plus a extra million. They are not doing anything with the money except to give thier citizens a tax break and then pass the cost to Kings Island and the Beach Patrons (who are mostly from out of town) and it does say this in the artical. From the article that I’m referring to, I think it is prudent to criticize Mason, Ohio for even considering such a solution to charge Kings Islands and the beaches patrons so they may give tax breaks for their community.
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
We have 3 little races here at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the recourses that it takes on the cities social resources is incredible (in the millions). City workers, Sanitation, Traffic control, Police, Fire, Medical and the list goes on. Well every now and then somebody trying to get easy money from our friends from around the county and the international community by charging a event tax brings up the issue. After a short discussion from the political leaders they always come out with the correct answer It’s not worth alienating our friends that bring in so much money to this city from Food & beverage, hotel, retail, air line taxes and all the jobs they create, it would send a horrible message that we are unappreciative of their business in our community. I feel like I pay to much taxes too, but I would never hope that someone outside my community should pay or reduce my tax burden. It sends the wrong message and it certainly is unwelcoming.
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
Lets call it what it is; Pandering I’ll cut your taxes for those who vote; Here I’ll charge those who don’t vote; Here Taxation without representation
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
So would the city of Mason, Ohio be so crass as to charge a dollar for every patron of those large business in their community or are they just picking on Kings Island & The Beaches patrons? I wonder what the other community’s do that don’t have Theme parks to fall back on for their money short falls. It clearly says other communities give full credit to citizens who work outside their communities. If Mason, Ohio wants to look at how other cities make up for short falls on the backs of the patrons visiting vacation destinations. Then maybe Mason, Ohio's city finance committee should look how other communities do it that don’t have Theme Parks in their backyards. Kings Island and The Beach should oppose this tax as it is a unfair targeted tax towards their valued patrons and by doing so the guests get the reassurance that someone is looking out for them.
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
I wasn't saying that I tought you felt that way. I was just saying, if what you said is true about their feelings. Then I went one with my soap box.
-
If you were Cedar Fair, what would you do...
Very big of you to say!
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
So if what you are saying is true. Then I think the city of Mason, Ohio has FORGOTTEN!!! How fortunate they are to have such great family entities that contribute so much to their community. That they are willing to alienate long standing friends (Kings Island & The Beach) of the community of the city of Mason, by taking advantage of their patrons. Does that sound about right? In the article they point out that other communities have done this. So does that make it right? It doesn’t matter what other communities do! IMHO This is their community and they should do what is really fair and just for their community, by appreciating what they do have and get from their friends in the community. Set an example Mason, Ohio don’t just follow what other communities do.
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
No better yet get every family that will be going to Kings Island and The Beach, to go show up at the Mason city council meeting and have their children pull out $4.00 from their jar marked vacation money and tell the city council while they hand it to them “here’s our money we didn’t need that ice cream anyway“.
-
An Admissions Tax For Kings Island & The Beach?
Sounds like a taxation without representation scheme in other words, money for nothing. I guess the guests only mean one thing to the parks and government municipalities, how much can we get out of them. I find any kind of a tax like that very offensive. We are charged sales taxes for everything we do at the park and other area attractions. The higher the prices the parks charge the more taxes the guests have to pay on food and beverages. The hotels have to charge a ridicules lodging tax. You think you got a great deal then when you check in, WHAM, an extra $25.00 lodging tax. Every time I check in to a hotel and after paying my bill I feel like I just got suckered and charged just because I chose a certain area to come stay, and to spend my hard earned money at area attractions. I think half the money collected should go to organizations that will stick up for the Poor suckered tourist. And if they don’t then it truly is taxation without representation. What’s the difference from the man on the corner asking for a dollar and being charged a dollar from government municipalities? I’ll tell you the difference, we chose to give the man on the corner some of our hard earned money and he’ll usually sincerely thanks us. Whereas Government just takes it.
-
2006 Golden Ticket
Threads started last sunday has some more information on your question. heres one link. and the other one here. Hope that helps.
-
Flying Dutchman Car in Indy
Sounds like we run the same circle, but what 100 block of E. Washington. When I first saw the thread title I was like what does Arie Luyendyk haft to do with Kings Island?
-
Trip Report and Review Rating of The Beach
To answer your first three questions better I have but a link to The Beach Waterpark and that should give you a much better description for each water attraction as I only went once so far this year. I believe a couple slides did go into a pool of water, and if you have children that are under 45†but know how to swim then they can take a Beach swim test and if they pass they may ride body flume rides. Water Tubes may be rented for $5.45 plus a $2.00 deposit or $16.00 for 4 tubes plus deposit. Although it is not necessary to rent tubes because they have a certain amount of tubes that may be used for each attraction and if you have your own you do not haft to wait in line for one of theirs. Since I did rent a tube for our visit I'm not sure if I recommend it for these reasons, 1st the line was way to long to rent the tubes and to get your deposit back 2nd Local teenagers are always trying to take your tubes when your not looking and the park doesn’t discourage this by threat of action, so in my opinion it is a rampant problem, 3rd Not all slides allow you to use a rented tube on them and it gets confusing to which ones do and which ones don’t if you are not to familiar with the park, additionally when your faced with that problem what do you do with your tube especially with the problem mentioned in #2.
-
If you were Cedar Fair, what would you do...
Wow … a very well thought out plan nice job King cobra 27 do you play Coaster Tyco? Because that was very well planed and you justified your thoughts. If they would take your idea of the Sky Lift, I would be the first to ride it, and then they could use the train as a themed or show attraction again.
-
Why do you go to Kings Island?
See there! and some of you guys asked why. Well that’s why! there is a good reason for everything.
-
How many times did you visit the park this season?
I asked the kind Customer Srevice Representative at the ticket gate if she could see how many times we have came this year so far. Her reply was, "this is your 18th visit to Paramount Kings Island this year, have a great day".
-
2007 Season Pass Information!
I agree that CP doesn’t offer perks for its park but maybe they don’t need to. Perks are given to increase Season Pass sales, and if Kings Island didn’t offer the Perks we wound not have bought them. Kings Islands marketing plan worked and got us to purchase a season long right to spend money in their parks.
-
Lights out for School of Rock & Nickelodeon Parade
As a parent of Miss Rae (6) there is only so many times I can watch her go around Swipers Sweepers and act like I’m absolutely ecstatic about watching her come around each time. The shows where a wonderful relief for us as we were able to do it as a family. And when we took our 22 y/o son to watch The School of Rock I was happy because we all enjoyed the show. miss Rae because she wants to be a Rock-n-Roll girl, son, its’ Rock-n-Roll do I need to say more and for the wife and I, well… because we grew up with most of the songs that they played. What I’m taking so long to say is “We all enjoyed the show o’matter what the ages were in our family †that’s a real hard thing to do!! Now for the Nickelodeon Parade miss Rae is still Kickin It All Over Town, and because she is six and can’t always keep the words straight, she changes them to fit the moment. That parade has had a lasting effect on the young guests that lasts past the parks experience of that day. I think the young guests liked it because it was loud and the employees seemed to be exited about being in it and when they interacted with the young guests, the young guests were drawn right into all the excitement of the parade as it was designed to do. This family really enjoyed both shows and will miss them immensely, and because our park experience requires more than rides I hope that the departing shows are replaced by shows that are equal in caliber and maybe even a few more shows would be nice.