Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MDMC01

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by MDMC01

  1. I chose Backlot. It's sort-of a fun ride and the launch is intense, but it's kinda the lowest coaster on the totem pole for me (but apparently, I rode it more than Flying Ace and Invertigo this season (among others), so I'm not sure what that says...). EDIT: Also, why all the fuss about Firehawk? I personally love the ride as well as the history behind it (as those who have ridden it with me know); it was pure joy to see it open on "Closing Day" and I think it should be kept as it's a very unique coaster (only 2 others like it!) and is a relic of the early 2000's, when designers dared to push the limits on thrills. -MDMC, waxing poetic on the great avian of the new millennium
  2. Just to break up the discussion, I read @SonofBaconator's last post in the voice of PC Principal (the guy in his avatar pic) Carry on...
  3. I'm thinking it may be announced close to Christmas (if they want an in-park announcement), or maybe after Christmas (either in-park or not) to reveal "Christmas present(s)" for 2018. Would be cool if they did it on Dec. 30th (this year's actual Closing Day- however, this year's "Closing Day" festivities were pretty memorable )
  4. Thanks for posting, Chris. If I were me, I'd choose the last slot as you can just collapse in your car afterwards (as you'll spend the most energy on the rink, more than, say, walking the park). Also, since you can't leave the ice and come back, I feel like this would be the best time as there is not a lot else going on (the shows will likely be wrapping up towards the end of the session anyway). So, in summery, I feel like the last session makes the most sense as everything is winding down and by not choosing the first session, you wouldn't be blowing all your energy right from the start. Does this make sense? I'm sure there are good arguments for any timeslot.
  5. I say keep Board to Death, but I've never thought of Firehawk photo being used for something! Maybe those could be our new restrooms?
  6. As for ice skating experience, I ice skated when I was younger and enjoyed it, even though I had to use a walker-assist most of the time lol. I think the last time I ice skated was on Fountain Square on my birthday in 2009 (I think?). I may do it again, but the price is steeper than I'd like.
  7. That would be nice to have another coaster open (*cough* The Bat or Adventure Express *cough*), but I think we'll have plenty to do in a few weeks, what with all the shows and sledding and ice skating and stuff like that. Besides, the other coasters need their beauty rest and TLC so they can be all ready for April!
  8. That looks really nice (the Effial Tower, that is)! I saw them testing some lights a while back while passing the park and I'm surprised the lights will be all the way around (as iirc, they were only adorning the front for the other seasons of Winterfest).
  9. It's all good. I gave up on No Limits once found out how hard it was.
  10. I really like Demon's backstory, @SonofBaconator,and I look forward to seeing your updated version.
  11. Other than kids dressing in costume for The Great Pumpkin Festival, I'm not sure that there is a dress-up day. However, I have thought about going to KI wearing nice clothes (like they did back in the day- there are old pictures of people at Disneyland wearing nice clothes*), but have never done it. Here's an article about how people dressed back in the day- http://www.yesterland.com/dressing.html
  12. @Oldschool75:That (just switching the already provided programming to the Winterfest version) makes the most sense. On a related note, I remember hearing something about the park picking a GCI as it can run in colder temperatures, so Winterfest was likely known about at that point and maybe they set a program then. Otherwise, it would be jarring to go from "have a Holly Jolly Christmas" to the ominous Miami River Lumber Company announcement as well as what (as of Closing Day 2017) was in the shed. Whatever happens, there better not be a Krampus or scary Jack Frost (the snowman, not actual Jack Frost- he's a cool dude!)-esque guy in the shed!
  13. Thanks for the heads up, @JubJester! That will be one of the many things I'll be checking out during Winterfest. So, I'm starting to get the feeling one will need to visit multiple nights to see all the Winterfest magic/awesomeness. There is no way one can attend all the shows in the same night (I don't think, at least...), let alone have time for sledding, food, ice skating and Mystic (plus the other 3 non-Snoopy flats).
  14. Woo! The new map is out! Also, anyone notice Santa and his reindeer enjoying Mystic Timbers' first drop (or at least cars made to look like Santa and his reindeer)? We still haven't figured out what will be in the shed though... EDIT: Also, games will be open! Wonder what the prizes will be? I saw this huge abominable snowman for over $200 at Kohl's- that would be really cool if that (or the smaller ones) were available as prizes. Also, looks like Al (the troll) will be joining us for Winterfest (see Coney Elf Village)!!!!!!!!!! EDIT2: Ok, what I thought was Al's hut may be Subway with a wreath on it...
  15. This is true, at least for me. The main reason to go back there this year was to look for (and walk my Buddy) Pokemon!
  16. Echoing everyone else, great read! Also, as for what's next, I'm thinking either the history of the current Bat (the coaster formally known as "Top Gun") or King Cobra.
  17. It's nice to see that they'll have most of the park open for Winterfest, even if most of the rides aren't running. Also, interesting location for the sledding- wonder how that'll work? Also, I wonder if sledding cost extra (which they could easily do as Skyflier's booth is nearby)?
  18. Welcome indeed! Thanks for providing us with the interview, @IndyGuy4KI!
  19. MDMC01 replied to APE's topic in Kings Island
    I agree with both viewpoints. Winterfest is coming up (and I'm really looking forward to it!), but then again, 90% of the coasters/other Non-Planet Snoopy rides are down for the season, so I think it's somewhat appropriate to start looking towards the future.
  20. The only things I could think of are A) They make an artificial sledding hill on the Invertigo midway (and have it run towards Chicken Shack) or b- have a slolam area where you sled down The Bat's exit and end in the tunnel (but then again, that might be dangerous!). Also, they could possibly open up some of the hillside under The Bat, but this may be a safety concern also. Time will tell, I guess... EDIT: Just tweeted at KI, so we may get a response!
  21. I'm so excited for Winterfest! Looked at the site and saw that Action Zone will indeed be open and also, a sledding hill? Wonder where this will be located? Link: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/winterfest/attractions/action-ice-zone
  22. If it's still around, visiting Dinos at CP is something I'd really like to do next time I'm up there as the location looks so cool.
  23. That is amazing! Can we have them all year round? Though I don't mind walking, this is still an amazing development!
  24. That is correct. I know this because during my ride for Closing Day, I saw that I got "Blaster Wannabe" as I actually shot something (something I haven't done in quite a while as I treat it like a regular dark ride) and netted myself 30 points.
  25. MDMC01 replied to APE's topic in Kings Island
    Seems legit! Before boarding my last ride of the (regular) season on The Bat, an employee told someone that Drop Tower was closed (down for weather, I presume) and would reopen on April 13th or 14th, 2018.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.