Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MDMC01

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by MDMC01

  1. MDMC01 replied to Maverick44's topic in Kings Island
    Seriously? Woo-Hoo! EDIT: Also, when I tried to click that link, I got the error message saying I wandered off park grounds...
  2. MDMC01 replied to Maverick44's topic in Kings Island
    I think it would be cool to see The Bat on ERT sometime. -MDMC, a Bat fan! Also, remember Gold Pass perks under Paramount, like the Two for Tuesday rides (where you could ride twice in a select seat without getting off)?
  3. You know it's the Off-Season when you start watching coaster reviews on Youtube (how many more days until The Bat flies again?). Also, you know it's the Off-Season when you can no longer rely on Kings Island to keep your Pokemon Go items fully stocked...
  4. I think it's the fire-retardant spray they use (it keeps the place from burning down) that gives off that smell.
  5. To chime in on the Boo Blasters discussion, I don't shoot the targets anymore, but just sit there and treat it like a classic dark ride. Also, it was really cool that they went all out on the Winterfest decorations for Boo Blasters.
  6. That Explorer Adventure concept art looks like a fun layout, but Timber seems pretty slow.
  7. Have not yet ridden Fury but I feel like that would be insane with all its twists and turns! EDIT: Also, RE: Diamondback being boring- that was one of the reasons that I didn't used to like Diamondback, but for some reason I enjoyed it more and more than I did in past seasons. It's still not my favorite coaster (The Bat (1993) is!), but it's climbing up the ranks...
  8. True, true. Just think, the one dry ride that requires riders to remove their shoes!
  9. ^ I feel like that award might go to Firehawk. Also, it could be Diamondback- the only hypercoaster in Ohio with Wing Seats! EDIT: On second thought, wouldn't it be awesome if there was a Giga with Wing Seats (like Diamondback/SkyRush), or even a Giga Wing Coaster?
  10. Oh, no. Like, I got over into a right lane and then the car (now behind me) went around me and switched to the left lane. It wasn't erattic driving or anything lol.
  11. When you're on the road and you passing a car and then a car passing you reminds you of the swaying motion of The Bat (1993) and then you start to miss said ride.
  12. Hey, at least Sally's Sea Plane got a cool lighting package for Winterfest! Seriously, though, Son of Beast was truly one of a kind. I know I've said this a few times on here before, but it was my first looping coaster as well as my first hyper coaster (though the first milestone was the bigger deal to young me). I enjoyed the drop of out the station, the really long first drop, that first turn before the infamous Rose Bowl, and the loop and everything following. I'm really glad I was coaxed onto riding it as it was probably my favorite coaster in the park for a while after that first ride. After the loop was removed, the ride was just "meh" and I was ok with it coming down after it sat dormant for so long. -MDMC, who can't believe he hasn't posted in this thread before
  13. Hey all, just read up on this year's event; is it known who the guest speakers are ahead of time, or do attendees just find out when they get there?
  14. Steel Vengeance, hands down! It looks insane and will be my 100th coaster... just gotta plan the trip and get to Valravn (#99) first! EDIT: @JubJester: You picked a good first RMC. My first was Storm Chaser and that was fun.
  15. Good point @chugh43 (re: showing Apollo's Chariot with black seats and the train is unchanged). I guess I thought that since Diamondack is getting new seats, the seats would be going to a new train. However, I see that the black seats will go on the existing train.
  16. I actually don't mind the look of new seats; however, we'll see how they actually look and feel in practice. Wonder if they'll still keep the wing formation?
  17. Well, my ticket has been purchased (thank you @malem for letting me come as your guest) and I'm super pumped for my first Holiwood Nights! I'm most looking forward to trim-less Voyage and the behind-the-scenes Thunderbird tour. Also looking forward to riding Thunderbird and the Legend again as well as hoping to get a ride on Frightful Falls (as it was down due to weather when I went two years ago...).
  18. Yeah, I notice a lot of places share KI's playlist (specfically, I've heard KI songs at Bruggers). You know it's the offseason when your (my) focus is shifted from KI to Pokemon (but don't think I don't think about the park, though- I think fondly on Winterfest from time to time).
  19. MDMC01 replied to Maverick44's topic in Kings Island
    Agreed. It was weird as Snow Works wasn't running and they were starting to deflate the snowglobe. However, that night was a blast. -MDMC, who still misses Winterfest... EDIT: Also, Snoopy was definitely a ghost town that night. EDIT2: I know how they can improve Winterfest, @Gannersdaddy... give Al (the troll) his voice back! He can still tell jokes, but please give him the deep voice! Also, having the Mistletones always in the Kings Island Theater before Charlie Brown's Christmas Spectacular would make sense thematically. Speaking of shows, perhaps the open-air theater next to the Effial Tower (where Hot Blooded was) could be used for something?
  20. Last night I dreamed I was at the park and was walking up The Bat (1993)'s lift/catwalk (it wasn't where it normally was, but facing in the same direction Banshee's lift currently is) and I came to the end (which was halfway where it normally was). I somehow hung off the ledge and jumped down and was face-to face with the Vortex's lead car (as it was being announced or something?) and somehow I realized I went back in time to the 1980's. I then met up with a friend and watched King Cobra go through its helix and afterwards I bought Pokemon cards (for some reason). When I went to pay, I got out my Platinium Pass and somehow they took the normal discount off (in the dream, I guess I assumed they'd treat it like a Season Pass).
  21. So, there is one thing on Closing Day that I enjoyed, but haven't publically commented on... I loved that The Mistletones were moved to the Kings Island Theatre as they served as a "pre-show" to Charlie Brown's Christmas Spectacular (I know this was done for weather, but I think it should be a permant change as it fits the vibe of the show).
  22. Hershey is a great place and 2 out of the 3 Intamin Coasters are fun. Storm Runner is fantastic (and along with Lightning Racer and Great Bear, is one of my favorite coasters there) and Farenheit is fun. Skyrush looks fun, but it's painful as it crushes your theighs, especially in a wing seat. Ymmv, but imo, just do it for the credit and move on any of three nearby coasters (Great Bear, sooperdooperlooper or Comet).
  23. Ditto (the expression, not the Pokemon ). -MDMC, avoiding a one word post via clarification.
  24. Exactly. Fun Fact: The "club" on my sweatshirt (Roller Coaster Nation) is not a real thing. My parents have been getting me coaster shirts/sweatshirts like this for the past 3 Christmas. They got the sweatshirt last Christmas due to Closing Day being during Winterfest (as I typically wear the shirts Opening Day and Closing Day).
  25. That was me, my good sir. Good to see you are on the forums and nice to meet you and your wife tonight!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.