Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MDMC01

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by MDMC01

  1. The last few shows were great. My total show count for this year was 43. For me personally, I think Cirque wrapped up nicely and those last goodbyes following the 5 PM show gave some closure. And yes, I cried (during the 3 PM show, once the "Dum, dum" music came on the signal the precursor to the Dual Cyr ring act)! But I like that we fans had 3 shows to let it settle in, that Cirque was in fact leaving. I handed out tissues during the 7 PM show as the people behind me couldn't stop crying - and that's ok. In a way, it was like the 3 PM show was the last show and the other 2 were encores. As I said in my letter(s) I gave to the cast, I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
  2. MDMC01 replied to Bradenwhite's topic in Kings Island
    I just found it on the site, it's called "Dance of the Macabre" and sounds pretty cool. Link: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/haunt/attractions/cemetery-drive
  3. I'd like to bump this thread in light of recent announcements...
  4. Jump5 does the "Friends" cover (it plays on Planet Snoopy); did not know that was a Michael W. Smith song (I assumed it was an original).
  5. Yes, yes I can lol (though, naturally it would be randomized, so maybe there would be a clue that said event would happen, much like Also, even without evil Santa (not to be confused with the awesome Haunt character that roams Coney Mall at night...), it would be a really creepy atmosphere anyway with the warped disc. I feel like getting me to ride Mystic during Winterfest could turn into a challenge of some sort during the GWL Holiday Party...
  6. Yeah, no. This is actually what I was afraid of. I used to be terrified of Santa when I was a kid (but we're cool now! ) and I was wondering if something creepy would be in the shed come Winterfest.
  7. My friend sent me an e-mail this morning with an article about Mean Streak Henry, and that got me thinking... I wonder what his thoughts are on Steel Vengeance?
  8. Sorry to double post, but I found another video about Time Traveler that I thought was worth sharing:
  9. Upon watching the teaser trailer for the coaster (which can be found on SDC's site and above), I think the trailer itself is cool and reminds me of a Disney movie trailer, especially those from the 90's where they had a featurette about the movie (or in this case, about Silver Dollar City) before the trailer. I'll see if I can find said trailer so you can see what I mean... EDIT: Here it is, enjoy! EDIT2: Actually, nevermind, I realized the trailer is posted above, so go check out Silver2005's opening post!
  10. Time Traveler looks great! Anyone on here know if this is the only spinning coaster with an inversion? Somehow, I feel like it is. EDIT: Nevermind, I found this: https://rcdb.com/6453.htm#p=40626 (credit to RCDB). However, it is the only spinning coaster with a loop.
  11. Oh. my. gosh. This looks amazing! I freaked when I saw that it would be a hyper! Also, thank you Cedar Point (and Cedar Fair) for calling it a hybrid and not a wooden coaster. Finally, this thing is long! Cannot wait to board in 2018! EDIT: POV for your viewing pleasure:
  12. Ok good. Hope it's back up by Sunday; I love that ride. And as of late, that's usually my go-to post-Cirque ride.
  13. Semi-off-topic, but Bat was closed today (I was at the park from 2:20-ish to close (after 8 PM)) with an new "this attraction is not open today" sign. I was told by a fellow guest that Bat has been closed for a month; Is this true? I only ask because someone else said that may mean they are getting rid of it. Yes, I know I should probably take it with a grain of salt, but I still wanted to run it by you all to see what your opinions are. EDIT: I also saw that Attitudes was closed today.
  14. MDMC01 replied to APE's topic in Kings Island
    LOL! I am at the park, but I'm at Cirque I may give an update on wait times later. However, I saw that the app said No Wait for a lot of rides, but I'm not sure how accurate that is... EDIT: Don't know if this is a good crowd measure, but most of the center section of the KI Theatre is full. Stage right is 1/4 full and stage left is a little more than that.
  15. That's a good point, Goble; I didn't think of that. However, I do think Coney Mall would be an odd place for a smokehouse. I think a slightly better location may be near the new Coke station in Oktoberfest (possibly removing the rope ladder game so that the Coke station could connect to the restaurant*) or even turning Hank's into a BBQ smokehouse. However, we shall see what happens on Wednesday... *EDIT: Or, removing the rope ladder game may not have to happen, since there is that patch of grass behind the Coke station (see Rivertown Rider's above picture).
  16. I'll be bummed if Attitudes does leave, it's a nice place to walk around in and they have some cool posters, IIRC. However, some of the merch (such as the Pokemon shirts) also have a home at the 90's store, so I'm sure the rest of the fandom type merch could go elsewhere). Also, I don't really understand why we'd need two Smokehouses as Sock City's wouldn't really be unique anymore (what I'm saying is, it's cool that people walk from the main park to the waterpark just to eat there and that exclusivity and uniqueness would be lost if there was one in the main park). Also, couldn't one get pulled pork at Reds? I dunno, I might warm up to the idea of 2 smokehouses...
  17. BUMP!!! Hey all, just a one week warning as Cirque ends one week from today! Make sure to get your last shows in this week while you still can; I'll be there at least tommorow and Sunday (for the last day). Sunday may be a sad day for some, but as Don says, "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".
  18. So, traffic update/caution for those exiting the park: Kings Island Drive's two southbound lanes (headed toward I-71 S) gradually merge into one (right merges into left) because construction. Be mindful of this, especially since the park now closes at 8 most nights instead of 10 (I was on KI Drive at 9 and it was still packed!). Also, Cirque's last show is August 20th, which will be a bittersweet day for those who love it (including myself!). Is anyone else from here planning on coming to the park and/or the shows that day?
  19. Thanks for answering, CoastersRZ and Aintnutinelse2do. I was just curious as it seems weird to have that saucer part and then only use 1/4 of it... oh well, it looks cool anyways!
  20. I saw this too, lol. That's why I watched the video and I was like, oh... it's a water coaster. In all seriousness, though, are the bowl turns on flying saucer slides just to look cool or do the rafts actually ever do a 360 turn around before proceeding with the rest of the course*? *EX: What I mean is when the raft hits the turn, does it ever spin around the bowl once and then proceed with the rest of the course or does it always make the turn without spinning in the bowl (Sorry if this sounds confusing)?
  21. The one time I went to Jukebox this season, I really liked the idea of ordering from a screen (which doubled as a menu) and then receiving (and paying for, as I used cash) my food at the counter. It seems like a very efficient way to do business and (in theory) keeps the lines down/moving.
  22. MDMC01 replied to Bradenwhite's topic in Kings Island
    I gotcha, Sam! I guess I just refer to that way as you are one of the best parts of the place (even though Mama runs it...). Also, I thought of you today when I ate at City Barbeque as I put some "Swine Wine" (a mostly vinegar-mix condiment) on my sandwich and fries. As much as I'm going to miss the talented guys and gals from Cirque (last show is Aug. 20th...), it's good to know that Haunt is only a little more than a month away.
  23. They do have Mach Tower. However, my intial thought is that they are getting a giga. If this does end up happening, good for them!
  24. MDMC01 replied to Bradenwhite's topic in Kings Island
    They did. Nightmare Alley was a unique "catch-all" scare zone, with clowns and this really cool owl/bug thing (I thought it looked like a bug, but I've been told it was actually an owl). There were also other misc. characters included in there, like this guy who lept at guests in a bungee suit. Though it's a shame two attractions as leaving (Sorority House was interesting and fun and the aforementioned Nightmare Alley was defetintely one of the more random/unique scare zones) I'm interested to read up on the new attractions. Also, I may finally be able to see Hot Blooded this year (as I missed last year's chance due to rain!) EDIT: Also, I'm glad Blood Drums and Backwoods came back! And of course, I'm very much looking forward to touring Sam's place once again.
  25. I mean, I get it, but then again, it is the first single-rail coaster from RMC... (but I guess saying that would confuse people?) And also, most people don't know about that coaster in Russia... EDIT: Whatever the case may be, it does look like a great ride, and I think that's (mainly) all that matters EDIT2: Also, I found a better picture of those Pax single rail coasters that reside(d) in Russia: https://rcdb.com/4218.htm#p=73825
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.