Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MDMC01

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by MDMC01

  1. As of 2016, that is still true. Specifically, 1/3 of the people (including myself) headed to Raven following rope drop.
  2. @VortexBFForever: Well... what did you think?
  3. He is my favorite part/character of the show. I feel you really get to know the character through his actions/reactions throughout the show. I also really like In fact, I'll be heading to the 7 PM show after work and I'm so excited!
  4. Today when I was riding The Bat, the ride op told the person to put their phone away because The Bat is more interesting than their phone. From the lift, I could hear him say "Ya know, if I had to choose between my phone and The Bat..."
  5. MDMC01 replied to APE's topic in Kings Island
    The only time I've seen that in recent memory was when the back half of Storm Runner (Hershey) was roped off. However, the park had only been open for less than an hour that day.
  6. My friend texted me around 6:30ish and said that SpritSong was currently suspended b/c of the weather (I'm assuming the show is still going on now as the weather has improved since then). Also, I didn't end up going to the 7 PM Cirque show as planned (due to some unforeseen circumstances...), but I will for sure be at the 3:30 and 5 PM shows tomorrow. Also hoping to get a night ride on Adventure Express as well as ride The Bat, among other rides!
  7. Aside from my favorite act, I enjoy watching the guy on the slackline. Even if he doesn't nail every trick perfectly every time, I've seen some great recoveries from him. Also, Liz, thanks for explaining about the skill/ability of the performers within the scope of the schedule demands. I would love to see some of the more difficult tricks you speak of, but I understand it may not be feasible as they do 3-4 shows a day. I'm going to try to make it to the 7 oclock show Friday and I can't wait!
  8. That thing books it thru most of the course; looks like a cool addition!
  9. I rode Mystic twice today and I guess they now refer to the Orange Menace as "Butterscotch". I like his new nickname; it has a nice ring to it. Also, I got to meet @Drummermattk before exiting after my second ride.
  10. MDMC01 replied to APE's topic in Kings Island
    I'm leaving now and for the AM (got to the park around 11:30), it wasn't too bad. Crowds have picked up a bit in the afternoon; I noticed this increase after around 3:30-4 ish.
  11. Good to know. I'll have to check those out later today (as there's a good chance I'll be in the park today)
  12. I went to the park for a few hours last night and had a unique, but fantastic evening. I wanted to take it easy as my neck has been hurting since I woke up Thursday (thankfully, the pain's been going down every day; I suspect to be fully healed Monday or Tuesday) and I didn't want to damage it any further. I mostly rode the flats (specifically Zephyr, Delirium and a night ride on Shake, Rattle and Roll) and saw Cirque (7 PM) and Off the Charts. I also took lots of pics of Mystic Timbers, had a fantastic ride on Bat, and had an amazing Grilled Cheese at Tom + Chee. Speaking of food, I noticed this new sign yesterday: It looks nice, I wonder when that was put in... EDIT: I also hunted for Pokémon in Dinosaurs Alive!
  13. Sorry for the double post, but I just saw this great Mystic Timbers commercial (along with another KI commercial) that just aired on MTV. Reminded me of the old KI/CP commercials, namely that original Beast commercial.
  14. Hey all, quick question, does anyone (on KIC lol) know what type of inclament weather causes Dinos to close? Just wondering as I heard it may storm over the weekend as I wanted to catch some Pokemon over there on Sat between Cirque shows.
  15. I voted airtime. Inversions are nice, but Maverick and Storm Chaser are two fantastic examples where airtime has more of an impact on the ride experience than the inversions do. Seriously, on both of those coasters, the inversions feel like filler!
  16. I like that last one, reminds me of The Legend!
  17. Yes. I rode it in 2014 and it was a blast (pun intended!). However, it did break down on my first attempt to ride (got to ride it on my second attempt that day), so it could be temperamental....
  18. You are correct, Banshee's official track color is Mystic Red. I believe that in it's previous life, The Bat's track color was known as gunmetal grey (that sounds right, but I'm not completely sure).
  19. I saw the 5 and 7 PM shows today and I must say, I like that... . Also, a good sign that I like/love a show is when I see it twice during my visit... that being said, I love the show!
  20. I just checked out the link above and saw that the Columbus Zoo apparently is linked to/manages a golf course!?! That's pretty cool. I haven't been to the Columbus Zoo since I was a kid. Back then, I was obsessed with animals/zoos much like I am passionate about my current interests of roller coasters and Pokemon! -MDMC, who once thought he was making a tape for PBS.
  21. Good to know; I've often wondered this myself!
  22. Sorry to double post, but after digesting today's performances (I saw the 3 PM and the 5 PM shows), I have 2 pieces of miscellany to add. #1: It's amazing how the same piece of music can take on a new meaning when combined with different actions. Case in Point: (Warning! Thar be spoilers ahead*) #2: Paco and Jocko are REALLY popular. Based on crowd reactions from the shows I've gone to and hearing from other guests (whether as an associate or a fellow guest), these guys seem to be the clear favorite(s). I'm not sure what it is, but people love them! Knowing this, I feel like KI should do a comedy stunt show, either with Paco/Jocko or other talent (also, a bird show would be cool). *This line is supposed to be read in a pirate voice.
  23. Just saw the new act
  24. MDMC01 replied to metalchic's topic in Kings Island
    At least for me, the "roughness" only occurs when I sit in the back of a car (ex. sitting in 1-2 vs. 1-1); I tend to get a much better ride when sitting in the front of each car. Other than that, I think FoF's been running well this season! EDIT: And to more directly answer the original poster's question, yes; but I think at the start of both this season and last season, FoF was running very well. Also, IIRC, I asked a ride op about why the ride was smoother last year and I think they said it was the train I was riding in, so I'm not sure...
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.